Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Retard R1 riders.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Retard R1 riders. Reply with quote

Out today on the GS for a blast, and I come up behind an 09 and an 07 R1 riding together, both in full A* gear. Apart from drooling and being tres jealous, I get a bit excited, because it's not often I end up with a few other bikers at this time of year.

But travelling along an NSL road, the bikes in front would not go over 65ish. It was really doing my head in, the road was clear, the conditions were perfect and they really could have opened it up. I eventually end up overtaking them out of boredom, giving them a thumbs up; when to my suprise the one infront after some obvious thought decides to chase me. I was maxxing out the bike (33bhp'd) at about 100 at this point, taking the corners fine as they weren't tight, when he rapidly catches up as we approach a slightly tighter corner. I take it fine, decent line, and he nearly ploughs himself off the road, emergency breaking to slow himself down then barely leaning round the corner.

The point is, why do these retards go out and buy a brand new bike, get all kitted up, when they cannot ride at all? get an R6 at least, learn a bit. And people wonder why bike statistics are so bad.
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its the same with all these teenagers who pass there das course at 21 and never been on a bike then get full power 600's 1000's and can't even control there bikes as well then end up crashing or dying
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

funmonkee
Super Spammer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindweezy wrote:
yeah its the same with all these teenagers who pass there das course at 21 and never been on a bike then get full power 600's 1000's and can't even control there bikes as well then end up crashing or dying


Laughing
____________________
**** Don't ride faster than your angel can fly Get this Free Space
The democratically elected Mod of the Scottish Section - The Peoples Choice[b]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

vmax.dude wrote:
blindweezy wrote:
yeah its the same with all these teenagers who pass there das course at 21 and never been on a bike then get full power 600's 1000's and can't even control there bikes as well then end up crashing or dying


Laughing


young adults then Rolling Eyes btw i was going to email about buying your bike but i think i'll forget it now
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

funmonkee
Super Spammer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ aye, with no cash and no license... yeah that was going to happen Laughing
____________________
**** Don't ride faster than your angel can fly Get this Free Space
The democratically elected Mod of the Scottish Section - The Peoples Choice[b]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 08 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

vmax.dude wrote:
^^ aye, with no cash and no license... yeah that was going to happen Laughing


damn i thought it might have worked Thumbs Up Very Happy any offers on it yet?
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think overall the younger slower riders are probably some of the safest out there....

People like myself, I was riding on 50cc on the road at 16, I've been on the road since for almost 3 years and the most powerful bike I've has is my current GS400.....

In between the mobylette and the GS thought I've been thru 250's, 400's, 125's even a 300 up and down the scale a fair bit...

In all this time I've racked up about 32000 miles of experience. Yet the man in the DVLA policy office thinks that a 21 year old just passed their test is more suitable to ride a powerful bike than I am....

Despite having 3 years and a thousands of miles more experience I am the one most at risk.....

I had a go on a 600cc IL4 sports machine the other day and it was mentally powerful to me, I didn't even open it up properly...... Thats after riding my not exactly piddling 400 for a fair while, what a new R1 must be like to a freshly passed DAS I really don't know, I'm not suprised they can't ride for shit cos I know I wouldn't be able to in their shoes.

I think the best way to stay safe is experience, but you only get that by being at risk.... I think that something like my GS is perfect to learn on. Enough power to get you out of a tight spot or cruise motorways happily. At the same time the bike is still happy to cruise around town slowly with the throttle just cracked....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

calyx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:21 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.532589,-0.138659&spn=0,359.990355&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.532531,-0.139017&panoid=JBSen2GFuMLVVXyC4gF40g&cbp=12,223.48,,0,5

This corner deserves a good 30mph. All those power rangers can do is 20!
____________________
Boris - London
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:06 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But travelling along an NSL road, the bikes in front would not go over 65ish. It was really doing my head in, the road was clear, the conditions were perfect and they really could have opened it up.


Complaining because someone else isn't speeding, just tootling along?

Quote:
I eventually end up overtaking them out of boredom, giving them a thumbs up; when to my suprise the one infront after some obvious thought decides to chase me.


You probably woke him up and he thought he might play a bit.

Quote:
I was maxxing out the bike (33bhp'd) at about 100 at this point, taking the corners fine as they weren't tight,


Not bad for 33bhp and fine for you.

Quote:
when he rapidly catches up as we approach a slightly tighter corner


so he was going over the ton and approaches a tight corner, even the slightest bend gets tighter at speed.

Quote:
he nearly ploughs himself off the road, emergency breaking to slow himself down then barely leaning round the corner.


Perhaps firm braking to a speed that he can take the corner without getting his knee down?

Quote:
get an R6 at least


If he was a poor rider the R6 wouldn't make any difference.

I do agree though that there are many who have the money to go the whole hog and get all the gear, without much skill in riding. But sometimes skill in riding is not doing 100 mph down a road in the first place and being good enough not to let other riders frustrate you because they are not riding thier bike in the way you think they should do.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:21 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=154050&highlight=r1


Cool


I find it fun when people with quick bikes can't ride, it makes my penis bigger when I am quicker on a battered old TDM.

At the end of the day just owning a sportbike doesn't mean you have to cain it everywhere.


And if somebody overtakes me at speed 9/10 it give chase, it's not because I'm angry or upset they did it but is because I like the thrill of the chase.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Devils Advocate
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:54 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittern wrote:
I think overall the younger slower riders are probably some of the safest out there....
..


yeah,sure they are. Rolling Eyes
Young=dumb 90% of the time.I rest my case Mr. Green

Some of the older riders get into difficutly coz they buy a machine thats too fast for their current skill level but their state of mind and road awareness is usually a lot better than that of a kid.

Kids get into difficulty because basically theyre just insane and dont give a fuck and they have little interest in safety or road awareness.It doesn`t matter what bike theyre on...they still ride like idiots.

Younger riders are safer?....dont make me laugh Mr. Green Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy levitt
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:30 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindweezy wrote:
yeah its the same with all these teenagers who pass there das course at 21 and never been on a bike then get full power 600's 1000's and can't even control there bikes as well then end up crashing or dying


Well i do agree, but im 20 and had an r6 for 2 years. Been riding 4 years altogther. I know how to ride my bike, age rally isnt a factor its down to your expirance on the road.
____________________
Speedfight 50 -> Honda NSR 125 -> Y reg YAMAHA YZF R6 -> 08 YAMAHA YZF R6 -> Honda CBR1000RR
Theory test Done 4/6/07
Practical test Done 21/12/07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:03 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my R6 when i was 19, never restricted it, had it nearly 2 years and it's on ebay for sale in exactly the same condition and if anything it's better mechanically than it was when i purchased it.

i have the smallest cc bike out of the people i ride with, some with over 20 years experience and i don't have an issue keeping up, i did to start with but when i got some miles under me, i was fine.


this whole thing about people my age getting a 600 as there first bike being crazy is bs unless your a complete twat on the road.
I'd probably be as quick on the road with a decent 250cc bike but i still have a good laugh when i see blokes in their 30's , on brand new R1's roundabout surfing trying to get there knee down, funny shit



Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can stereotype according to age, it's all down to attitude. I know some blokes who ride like complete cocks, to the point where I would never consider going out for a ride with them because they are always trying to prove who is the fastest. They are all in their 30s or older.

I also know a few nippers who are sensible and considerate enough to put these 30 something Rossi wannabes to shame, riding within their ability and certainly more sensibly than I did at their age.

Some riders (and drivers) have this aversion to being overtaken, I see this every other week when I do the 270 mile round trip to get my kids, on the motorway you get drivers who will always put their foot down as you pull alongside, I always lift off and drop behind but I have seen bikers who are the same.

At the end of the day, a cock is a cock, no matter what their age.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

max power wrote:
Bittern wrote:
I think overall the younger slower riders are probably some of the safest out there....
..


yeah,sure they are. Rolling Eyes
Young=dumb 90% of the time.I rest my case Mr. Green

Some of the older riders get into difficutly coz they buy a machine thats too fast for their current skill level but their state of mind and road awareness is usually a lot better than that of a kid.

Kids get into difficulty because basically theyre just insane and dont give a fuck and they have little interest in safety or road awareness.It doesn`t matter what bike theyre on...they still ride like idiots.

Younger riders are safer?....dont make me laugh Mr. Green Thumbs Down


Well I admit that lots of kids are really stupid. In the case of me and two of my mates, who have all been riding together since we were 16 and have 1000's miles experience.You'd still rather give the 21 year DAS pass the keys to your new R6 than one of us??

I'm still a "kid" (in my own eyes at least) yet I am very saftey occupied and usually the slowest in the pack when we go out for a ride despite having the "fastest" bike...

For example people on here will pass their test and get a 600 of some kind, say a bandit or hornet and that is considered a good sensible choice..... Yet when I rode an FZR 600 the other day it seemed like absolutley rediculous power and I've been riding 3 years....

I know a bandit/hornet isn't quite the power style of an FZR but even still the concept of passing your test and getting on a 600 seems crazy! Let alone a sports thou!


Last edited by smegballs on 10:21 - 09 Oct 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ratmonkey
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: R1 Reply with quote

All this stereotyping R1 riders makes me laugh.
Im 41, own an R1 and understand that its more of a bike than I will ever need but its one hell of a bike to ride and gives all the thrills I could wish for.
I owned 600's before but respect the R1 a lot more because its much less forgiving.
Dont tar all of us with the same brush. Im an experienced rider, sometimes I will push it, sometimes not. I never get into chases or races with other bikes though. You get tossers on all bikes, just so happens on that day one was riding an R1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same scooter riders , corsa / saxo drivers, bmw drivers, harley riders, 98 R1 riders, teenagers on 600's aaaaaaaand many more.
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Devils Advocate
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittern wrote:
In the case of me and two of my mates, who have all been riding together since we were 16 and have 1000's miles experience.You'd still rather give the 21 year DAS pass the keys to your new R6 than one of us??


I wouldn`t give the keys to either of you tbh just coz of your age group Laughing but if i had to make a choice it`d be probably be you because you had the most road miles under your belt.Still wouldnt have much faith in your state of mind though and i still wouldn`trust you on it.You kids are way too exciteable....lol

I`m being a bit picky now but total road miles/number of years riding don`t really show someones experience level of road awareness and safety if you think about it.
You could rack up 30k over 10 years but never even venture out of your local area so the only experience you`d have would be that of the roads you generally ride on.

Someone else could do 30k in just 1 year all over the country and they`d have 10 times the experience you`d have in a fraction of the time.Do you see my point?

Anyway i`m not gonna slate all young riders coz as we all know we cant stereotype any age group as all being the same..but it goes without saying that middle-aged mature riders are usually safer and have a lot more experience of driving/riding on roads.
Not saying we`re perfect though...far from it.Just better than YOU Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have 1000's miles experience.


Clapping
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:20 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the grim reaper wrote:
I don't think you can stereotype according to age, it's all down to attitude. I know some blokes who ride like complete cocks, to the point where I would never consider going out for a ride with them because they are always trying to prove who is the fastest. They are all in their 30s or older.

I also know a few nippers who are sensible and considerate enough to put these 30 something Rossi wannabes to shame, riding within their ability and certainly more sensibly than I did at their age.

Some riders (and drivers) have this aversion to being overtaken, I see this every other week when I do the 270 mile round trip to get my kids, on the motorway you get drivers who will always put their foot down as you pull alongside, I always lift off and drop behind but I have seen bikers who are the same.

At the end of the day, a cock is a cock, no matter what their age.

Cheers

Grim


think this sums it up nicely, i dont think its age all the time, some people think they are heroes when they are on there bikes so therefore try and act like one. even seen it qouted on here which is laughable.

more nails for the coffin for the whole bike scene altogether.
____________________
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

calyx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I roughly have 200.000 miles experience without an accident.
My willy must be 12" now.. Very Happy
____________________
Boris - London
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently jumped on the 600 having only ever driven 50s and 125s on the road for a year (just over) and to be fair yes it's hugely powerful but it's only the rider which controls it.

The bike doesn't suddenly decide to throw you off, it's your own doing.

As Grim said, it's about attitude more than anything, I ride within my ability and don't act like a cockhanded Rossi everywhere, yet you get the people who get their first big bike, throttle on a corner and get seriously injured, chances are they did the same on the smaller bikes too.

Skill, Attitude & Experience > Age.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Devils Advocate
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

calyx wrote:
I think I roughly have 200.000 miles experience without an accident.
My willy must be 12" now.. Very Happy


You sir...are a hero amongst leather-clad men Middle Finger Laughing

But honestly,that`s really good going and i respect you for that.
If i can make it that far incident free i`ll be proper chuffed with myself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

calyx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

max: It doesn't mean I won't hit a lorry head on today. (and loose all 12")
I'm still as cautious as I was in my first year.
Try to think your willy is 6" all the time. not 4", not 8". 6 is good for public roads. Very Happy
____________________
Boris - London
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 09 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

max power wrote:
You kids are way too exciteable....lol



I'm not excitable!!

Jeez I'm 19 and I really want a ancient Beember Twin.......

How can I be anymore non-excitable... Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.9 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 144.26 Kb