Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


what hurts on you?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

kingsknight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: what hurts on you? Reply with quote

I was riding back from a friends house the other night which is 43 miles away and i was just wondering if its just me who get back ache when doing over like 30/40ish miles?

i can deal with the lower back ache.... its the numb bum which gets me. makes me walk like im a "gangstar" when i get off the bike for a bit lol
____________________
TS50 (sold) NS125F (sold) NSR125R-K (write off after 2 crashes) CG125 (nicked) XR125L-3 (Sold )-: ) DR125SM '11 (sold yay) XL125V '12 (In love with this bike) XT600E '04 (fun on the dirt)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrists, and if I ride too long over 80/85mph, my neck and shoulders.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a slightly sore back the other day, done 300miles (180 miles with no more than 5 minute pee and petrol stops), then 120 miles with one petrol stop).

Fine now though. Woke up today and felt I could do it again.
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get lower back ache with being on the sports bike but i'm good for alot of miles usually
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrist ache, but I think its because my winter gloves are a bit on the heavy / bulky side, just bought some new frank thomas aqua's off fleabay which I'm waiting to be delivered. Tried a pair on in a shop and they felt much lighter and comfortable so hopefully that will help.
____________________
Previously Known As A5tra_G
Old Bikes :2010 Kawasaki ER6 F & 2000 Honda VTR Firestorm
Current Bike : XJR1300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that my right wrist aches on long distances in very hot or in cold, damp weather, but that is only since I broke it across the joint 2 years ago. Apart from that I don't suffer any aches from riding the bike.
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything more than 20 minutes on the bike is painful (rather than just achey) for me, at low speeds (ie in traffic) it is even worse.

My back (middle-upper), both thumbs weirdly enough although thats probably from the amount of stoppies i find myself doing Laughing , all my left leg, left hip and for some reason my right shoulder.
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get cramps in my legs every so often when pulling up to traffic lights but I never ache after a ride.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sometimes get cramp in my hip, have to try and stand up on the pegs to get rid of it Confused
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm out on a long run in cold weather my left knee locks up and since knackering my thumb a couple of months back it goes numb quite quickly as of late...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bike that suites me so I don't ache because of the bike. I do ache with the broken bones I have picked up over the years though.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pernig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ride over 90/100 for extended periods (ie motorway) my neck hurts. Probably wouldn't be nearly as bad on a faired bike. I sometimes get achey knees but if I get off the bike for 5 minutes it goes away. Also this seems not to happen if i relax and sit back on the seat more.

After an hour or two my ears hurt, but this is due to crap earplugs. It's not too bad but it can be agony trying to pull my helmet off! I would much rather have this than ringing ears, however.
____________________
H100 Breaking for spares
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done hard physical work most of my working life...so what doesn't hurt ! Well apart from my back which seems indestructible.
On the bike i can get pains after an hour or so, but plenty of stretching beforehand always helps me. Worse thing i can do is doss then hop on the bike.
Use it or lose it is my motto.


Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road bike: My right calf seizes up from riding on my toes with rear sets ... wrists hurt after 40 miles or so ... then right little finger starts to go numb.

Off Road bike: Forearms get 'pumped' if the going is rocky.
And if there are any road sections, then the bum goes numb after about 5 miles Smile
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left knee.
Right thumb and index finger.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ: Numb bum after 20 miles or so...but riding standing up for a bit eluviates that somewhat.

XR: Ditto...but the saddle's comfier so I numbness doesn't occur for about 40 miles or so.

Superfour: A slight pumping in my right forearm after about 70 miles, especially under braking. I think I did more damage in my little accident last year on my CG than I thought I did, as I didn't suffer too much beforehand and body positioning...what little I can change of it on the CB, doesn't make any difference.

NC30: Been a while since I rode this, but when I did, felt really cramped - neck, shoulders and wrists went after about 20 miles or so. Terrible in town, but bearable as speeds increase past 60mph.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got numb hands and after a 100 miles or so a dead backside on the ZZR, the Futura was good for 200 mile stints with no aches at all whereas on the SP1 my knees start giving in after about 50 miles or so. Longer rides or rough surfaces on the Honda have made my arms and shoulders ache before now too.
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lower back, upper arms and shoulders. Sometimes I get a tingle feeling in my legs too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:58 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much really but i think thats a blessing for being a short ass on a sports bike Very Happy Feels like a tourer I have so much room Laughing

Although a few hours on the bike can make my right knee a bit iffy but that's just from years of soccer or football as you queers call it.
____________________
meh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:40 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh flippin' heck, if I wrote a list of where I ache, it'd take best part of the day!

Maybe I should list where it doesn't hurt... Thinking
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an ache in my right wrist, tingling fingers from the vibration and cramp in my legs if I ride for too long... I just try and keep moving and adjust my riding position as often as I can which usually helps a bit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasional cramp-attack in a hip, that was about it (at age 48, so nothing to complain about).
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:29 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done nearly 200 miles constant (bar fuel stops) and had no aches to speak off other than just being tired.

god bless the comfortable sports bike that is the CBR600F Smile

now and again though my elbow seems to ache a bit but thats not really related to the bike, just one of my quirks.
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:58 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not on the bike but I get shoulder pain when driving my car for over an hour.
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get back pain whether driving or riding any distance at all. Since I had a car crash last year, it's been ten times worse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.3 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.11 Kb