|
|
| Author |
Message |
| ... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ... Brolly Dolly
Joined: 12 Oct 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:25 - 14 Nov 2009 Post subject: Few more Q's... |
 |
|
Hello again guys and girls, once again I'm in need of advice on a few things, I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.
1) How do I prevent my helmet misting? I've got a Caberg Trip and all it seems to do now is fog up as soon as I put it on.
2) After 2 weeks of commuting, my visor has scratches on it. Can I repair these or should I buy a new visor?
3) I'm coming up for my 600 mile service, is this really just a glorified oil change, and how much can I expect it to cost(ish)?
4) Best product for protecting chrome elements of a bike?
I know I've asked a lot, but I figure it's better than 4 threads... Any help will be duly noted and given +1 karma
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:53 - 14 Nov 2009 Post subject: Re: Few more Q's... |
 |
|
| vanflyheight13 wrote: | Hello again guys and girls, once again I'm in need of advice on a few things, I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.
1) How do I prevent my helmet misting? I've got a Caberg Trip and all it seems to do now is fog up as soon as I put it on.
2) After 2 weeks of commuting, my visor has scratches on it. Can I repair these or should I buy a new visor?
3) I'm coming up for my 600 mile service, is this really just a glorified oil change, and how much can I expect it to cost(ish)?
4) Best product for protecting chrome elements of a bike?
I know I've asked a lot, but I figure it's better than 4 threads... Any help will be duly noted and given +1 karma
 |
I have the same helmet and I've never noticed it misting up before. If it does though, just open it a notch and all should be ok pretty quickly. I know you can get some visors with an anti-fog layer. If you are looking to get a new visor because of some scratches this might be a good chance to look in to this.
How bad are the scratches though? I have tons on mine but they are small and don't make any difference to my riding.
The 600 mile service can be as simple as an oil change but a good mechanic is likely to check that everything is still working after the first time the bike has been on the road. This can include chain, tires, brakes and battery etc... ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ditto |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ditto Nearly there...

Joined: 26 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| metalangel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 metalangel World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Feb 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alex A |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alex A World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Mar 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ... Brolly Dolly
Joined: 12 Oct 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:47 - 14 Nov 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
You guys are a great help, the fairy liquid did the trick today and I'm quitre impressed that something so simple could fix it
As the weather's absolutly foul today and the wind's kinda high, I've decided to take it down for service next week, hopefulyl all will be fine and it won't cost me
Thanks for the help! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 327 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|