Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


So who is better than BT broadband?EDIT should I go business

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 18 Nov 2009    Post subject: So who is better than BT broadband?EDIT should I go business Reply with quote

I am on option 3 "unlimited" now by saying unlimited they mean 100gbs a month. If you go over that then they restrict you to 120kbps between 6 and 12pm.

This is no bad thing and I understand why they do, however. My term has come to an end and they have offered me a new contract at £19.56 a month on a 12 month job.

I was wondering if there are any better deals out there? Considering the home hub is an N unit and the free openzone stuff etc.

I guess they are all money grabbing c5nts in the end eh.

Oh and woohoo I will get up to 6!!mb when they roll out the super fast service next year!

You wouldnt think I lived in the oil capital would you Laughing
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"


Last edited by Neorion on 12:21 - 19 Nov 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 18 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only next year ? Do you live in the sticks up there, I've had 8mb for years and look where I am.

How much do you d/l a month ?
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:19 - 18 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol should have explained that I live in Aberdeen and we do have 8mb but I live right in the center but still the exchange is 2-3kms away so we only get 4.

I do on occasion get 6-7 anyway with the Iplate installed Idea

as for downloading, BT restrict me after 100gbs a month, but thats not every month.

I watch a lot of youtube and iplayer????? Embarassed
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 19 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys,

Just wondering who has business broadband at home? Can yuo see any benefits to doing this?

As I said I download a lot and do see a change in speed throughout the day.

Anyone have a business product?
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pernig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:14 - 19 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neorion wrote:
Ok guys,

Just wondering who has business broadband at home? Can yuo see any benefits to doing this?

As I said I download a lot and do see a change in speed throughout the day.

Anyone have a business product?


They had BT business broadband where I used to work and I can tell you the contention ratio was the same. The way it works is that during business hours residential Internet traffic is relatively low allowing their business customers a freer connection. You will notice the same difference in speed at peak times with any service provider using ADSL.

The only difference between it and normal broadband was the supplied router is a bit better and it supports BT Openzone (which you don't want).
____________________
H100 Breaking for spares
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:13 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nildram.net/ provide an excellent service in Northern Ireland, Not sure about rest of the UK but might be worth digging up some reviews, They're limits aren't as strict as many other providers.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gordy85
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:52 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my own personal experiences, don't use BT, they are absolutely terrible at supplying and keeping customers happy, for instance, they charged my auntie £450 for 1 months broadband because they messed something up, and they wouldn't take the bill back, she cut the cable, and refused to pay the bill.

I hear around a lot that virgin is 1 of the best companies for broadband, espically if you're in a full fibre optic area.
____________________
Riding: 2008 Honda CBR 125
Xbox live : NightGordy (Playing MW2 and FF13)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:51 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Sam Knows and put your exchange in.

See who has LLU installed.

Avoid CPW, Tiscalli.

If you got 02/Be and you have a 02 phone either contract or PAYG you can get it from as little as £7.34 a month.

If you have Sky and they have LLU in the exchange that could also be a option as they can be had for nought... Should suit a scotch person to the ground Laughing
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:02 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Business broadband should give you a better contention ratio and cost you more for the same speed.

You still have no Service Level Agreement so any problems get fixed as and when, although you will get a higher priority than residential customers (but behind leased line customers).

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Oz.
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for BE, no restrictions, decent speeds never had any issue in the 2 years i used them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pernig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
If you got 02/Be and you have a 02 phone either contract or PAYG you can get it from as little as £7.34 a month.


I am chuffed with O2 for the price. Bear in mind that if your exchange doesn't have LLU you will be paying £17.13.
____________________
H100 Breaking for spares
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 70.22 Kb