Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The Two Extremes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: The Two Extremes Reply with quote

It was a smidgeon misty on the M27 this morning, visibility was down to about 400 yards, so what do we get? Miles and miles of brain dead muppets with their bloody fog lights on. I mean, honestly, what do they think having an ultra bright rear light is going to do wehn visibility is 400 yards? Apart from annoy the crap out of the person behind.

Then, near my work, I come up behind a silver Citroen Saxo with stupidly dark smoked rear lenses, not only were his running lights nigh on invisible but his brake lights were about the same as normal running lights. When the twat gets rear ended, I hope Plod do him for being a retard Evil or Very Mad

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:44 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pea-soup on the way into London, I had a suprisingly clear run, I guess being a Friday new Xmas alot of people are off.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
It was pea-soup on the way into London, I had a suprisingly clear run, I guess being a Friday new Xmas alot of people are off.


It was relatively quiet on the M27 as well, none of my family were on there at all Mr. Green

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Syx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also get infuriated by people who switch on their fogs at the tiniest bit of mist. Or those that have the front ones on all the time. Why? There's no need for it; I have only twice been in fog thick enough where the car in front would not have been visible at a safe stopping distance without a fog light. And if I'm in the car and someone comes up behind me in clear conditions with their front fogs on, I'll be switching on my rear one until they get the message. Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syx wrote:
I also get infuriated by people who switch on their fogs at the tiniest bit of mist. Or those that have the front ones on all the time. Why? There's no need for it; I have only twice been in fog thick enough where the car in front would not have been visible at a safe stopping distance without a fog light. And if I'm in the car and someone comes up behind me in clear conditions with their front fogs on, I'll be switching on my rear one until they get the message. Evil or Very Mad


I do that too, I think it's because the idiots think their car looks cool with four front lights instead of two. If they want that look, get one of these. Then I'll be impressed Mr. Green

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Serendipity
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the thread title I thought you were referring to the two extremes of weather today.

This morning I had to head down to Wokingham for an IT exam and the freezing fog and slimy salty roads made it pretty dull.

However, by lunchtime I had an exam pass and some sunshine to lift my spirits. The roads were mostly dry and I let my inner demons loose on the way back to work.

Best ride for months. Very Happy


...but on the actual topic, yes, unnecessary fog light use has been one of my pet hates for years. In their defence, some of the fog I passed through this morning did justify rear fog lights, but you're just as likely to see them used in light mist or drizzle.

Top spot on the numpty scale goes to the morons you see driving with the fog lights on the day AFTER the fog.
____________________
2007 CBF1000 & 2016 CBF1000F - Commuter heaven | 1994 CBR600FR - Awaiting defibrillation
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 50.52 Kb