|
|
| Author |
Message |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:31 - 11 Dec 2009 Post subject: The Two Extremes |
 |
|
It was a smidgeon misty on the M27 this morning, visibility was down to about 400 yards, so what do we get? Miles and miles of brain dead muppets with their bloody fog lights on. I mean, honestly, what do they think having an ultra bright rear light is going to do wehn visibility is 400 yards? Apart from annoy the crap out of the person behind.
Then, near my work, I come up behind a silver Citroen Saxo with stupidly dark smoked rear lenses, not only were his running lights nigh on invisible but his brake lights were about the same as normal running lights. When the twat gets rear ended, I hope Plod do him for being a retard
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Syx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syx World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:28 - 11 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I also get infuriated by people who switch on their fogs at the tiniest bit of mist. Or those that have the front ones on all the time. Why? There's no need for it; I have only twice been in fog thick enough where the car in front would not have been visible at a safe stopping distance without a fog light. And if I'm in the car and someone comes up behind me in clear conditions with their front fogs on, I'll be switching on my rear one until they get the message.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Serendipity |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Serendipity World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:23 - 11 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
From the thread title I thought you were referring to the two extremes of weather today.
This morning I had to head down to Wokingham for an IT exam and the freezing fog and slimy salty roads made it pretty dull.
However, by lunchtime I had an exam pass and some sunshine to lift my spirits. The roads were mostly dry and I let my inner demons loose on the way back to work.
Best ride for months.
...but on the actual topic, yes, unnecessary fog light use has been one of my pet hates for years. In their defence, some of the fog I passed through this morning did justify rear fog lights, but you're just as likely to see them used in light mist or drizzle.
Top spot on the numpty scale goes to the morons you see driving with the fog lights on the day AFTER the fog. ____________________ 2007 CBF1000 & 2016 CBF1000F - Commuter heaven | 1994 CBR600FR - Awaiting defibrillation |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|