Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Looking for a 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

amrath
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Jan 2010    Post subject: Looking for a 125 Reply with quote

Hello everyone I am currently looking around at 125's as I am planning to buy one in the non too distant future (hopefully if I can find a job in good enough time Razz ).

At the moment I have my CBT and I am 17 so I can ride the 125's, I am currently riding around on a Piaggio NRG what in terms of being a moped is a good bike, however I am wanting to make that change to a 125 geared bike and then hopefully move on to do my full bike test later on this year.

I have been currently looking around at the Honda CG 125 what seems to be favoured everywhere I look, I have also noticed the Yamaha YBR what looks more or less the same bike as the CG? are they produced together or something like that? and if so does anyone know if the YBR shares the same reliability and ride quality that the CG is so renowned for?

If anyone also has any other good 125 bikes that they would recommend looking into (preferably 4stroke) it would be really appreciated Very Happy .

Many thanks Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvr321
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 23 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely look into the Rieju RS2 125. I had a look round and rode one yesterday and I was very surprised by it.
Build quality is very good and it is really a very well featured bike that looks superb. It wasn't as much fun as my NSR of course but I can definitely see the appeal of it. It is so very light and it just rolls into corners. And it's just the little things like the rear hugger and the very complete and impressive dash that I liked.


It would chose it over it's main competitor, the CBR 125, simply because I don't think Rieju have skimped on anything, whereas the CBR 125 seems built to a budget.

Keep your eye out for one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

snowsurfer
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 23 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends how big you are, if your over 5 foot 10 id steer clear of a cg or a ybr (or a cbr 125 too, they're miniscule!), youll find yourself gettin cramped very soon

im 6 foot 1 and have an xr125, great bike, preety much a cg in a trailie style, will do 60 all beit after a decent run up, is extremely comfortable and since its a honda it doesnt break! or if you want to spend a few hundred more you could get a varadero 125 or a cbf 125

just steer clear of the chinese copies, wont end well!!!!!
____________________
Past Bike: 07 Honda xr125l
Current Bike: 99 Yamaha Fazer 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

amrath
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 24 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 5 ft 11 so i might just get away with it i dont know haha Razz but thanks for the heads up, i will look into the XR and the varadero range.

As for your reply tvr321 i have looked at the Rieju RS2 125 and i will admit it is an absolutely stunning bike and i would love to have one but everywhere i have seen them so far they seem to be either brand new or like a year old so they are still like £2,000+.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvr321
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 24 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 24 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i think a 4 stroke trailie would be the way forward, but that's just me lol. I'm 6'3 I tried an aprilia rs125 and just felt a bit cramped on the racey style 125's. I think you might find a cg or cbr125 too small.
The varadero is a really nice 125 but they're pricey.
The best 4 stroke trailies are the xr125 and there is some new huyusung bike out.
your other option is to do the bike test, and then you have a whole new world of bikes to choose from!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

f1fan111
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 25 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 6ft 1" and learnt on my cg also passed my test on it, still have it while waiting for the cash for bigger bike and they can be abit cramped, have you got any local dealers near you that you could try sitting on the bikes you like? least that way you get a idea of what you find comfortable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

amrath
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 25 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one or two around Mansfield but i know from looking on bike trader that there is a shop in chesterfield and nottingham that are selling some CG's they are only like 15 miles away so could go and have a look and see Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.27 Kb