Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Spine chilling on screen moments

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:31 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Spine chilling on screen moments Reply with quote

Taken from Bonny's mention of the odd sensation.

Not necessarily "OMG H'es GOT A KNIFE!" in a horror film

More like when you saw the moment the Nazi slowly penetrates the chest of an American soldier with a knife in Saving private ryan.
Makes you shudder...

The moment in The Punisher with Tom Jane got me. When his wife and kid are mowed down by the bad guys in a truck and you see Castle approach the scene. The combination of that and the music send a shiver down my spine first time round.

Whats yours?
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts of Schindlers List, namely where he's picking jews off from his window and the straight up executions on the streets.

Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).

Parts of avatar.

"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.


Tis all I can think of now.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).


LOL! What part of that film made you shudder. It is comedy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Parts of Schindlers List, namely where he's picking jews off from his window and the straight up executions on the streets.

Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).

Parts of avatar.

"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.

Tis all I can think of now.

GhostRider



Ultimate bad cringe. Was about 13 when I first watched that - all my mates were laughing and saying how cool it was, and whilst I 'enjoyed' watching it I was one of the few that felt uncomfortable, knowing that it had happened to real people.

Ed Nortons a fuckin' legend though.

I explained my LOTR stuff the other thread.

One of my favourite good shudder parts is subway fight between Neo and Smith. And Neo finally realises that he /can/ fight.

'Whats he doing?'
'He's beginning to believe.'

Added to the music of that scene...WIN.

I love big, comic style scenes like that.

Another one is Superman : Returns - flying above the clouds after recovering from a Kryptonite shard being plunged into his back. Breathes in, takes in the suns rays, clenches his fists, and then rockets towards the earth. Everything about that scene, the music, the colour of the sun and how he literally and figuratively opens the clouds for the sun to shine...pure bliss for me.

The fact he lifts a continent out of the water after this moment is also worthy of note. Laughing
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and think of one that is bound to be a less common answer...

I think for me there was a moment or two in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" which really got to me. When he realised what he was trapped in and trying to stop it, anything to hold on to his love and his very memories before it all disappeared for ever. And then near the end of the film in the last few moments where you can see a tiny bit of what was falling back in to place again. Not sure I should admit it, but I'm pretty sure I shed a tear.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

allymoss wrote:
GhostRider wrote:

Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).


LOL! What part of that film made you shudder. It is comedy.


The bit where Leelu (?) starts looking through pictures of war, tears pouring down her face and it finishes on a mushroom cloud. The bit where Bruce Willis tells her he loves her. [/gay]


Quote:
think for me there was a moment or two in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" which really got to me.


Good one, he says something like "No, please let me hold onto this one, just this one". Agreed, and I thought Carrey did a real good job in that film.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.


Tis all I can think of now.

GhostRider


Jeez I remember that bit, it'll stay with me forever. Sick I don't remember what film it was or anything else about it, but that image will never leave my head. For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could...

Another spine chilling moment would be in Kill Bill, don't know which film but she was in a caravan in the middle of nowhere fighting a woman and just reached out and ripped her eye out..ewwww. Found the rest of the film funny though. Laughing
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).


Last edited by Feasty on 15:00 - 04 Feb 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanfeast wrote:


Jeez I remember that bit, it'll stay with me forever. Sick I don't remember what film it was or anything else about it, but that image will never leave my head. For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could...


It's all about the scraping sound of tooth on curb that really nails it home.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Abyss.

Where Ed Harris is trying revive Mary Ann Mastrantonionionionio's character. The film might be a bit schlocky, but Ed Harris's acting in that scene in particular is incomparable.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fawbish wrote:
Ed Nortons a fuckin' legend though.


I read an review about him once where they were trying to compare him and Al Pacino with regards to the way they prepare for a role, they mentioned how Pacino had learned languages and instruments for film parts so he could flesh out the character and give the role more credibility, then it said something like " And for the role of ' whatever his name was in the film ' Norton prepared by shaving his head and growing a goatee "...

Sort of didn't rate him after that tbh...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:14 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
Fawbish wrote:
Ed Nortons a fuckin' legend though.


I read an review about him once where they were trying to compare him and Al Pacino with regards to the way they prepare for a role, they mentioned how Pacino had learned languages and instruments for film parts so he could flesh out the character and give the role more credibility, then it said something like " And for the role of ' whatever his name was in the film ' Norton prepared by shaving his head and growing a goatee "...

Sort of didn't rate him after that tbh...


Method acting can be a little over-rated sometimes though. Careful not to judge like that too broadly.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ET came back to life. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:22 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

Method acting can be a little over-rated sometimes though. Careful not to judge like that too broadly.


I know what you're saying but after reading that I just thought ' Meh ' and haven't really watched anything else he's done, apart from the Hulk, I rated him in that...

Oh and the one where he plays a retarded bloke so he can raid the place he works at, cracking film, and a seriously good piece of acting on his part... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:29 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight Club?

Wink
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanfeast wrote:
GhostRider wrote:

"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.


Tis all I can think of now.

GhostRider


Jeez I remember that bit, it'll stay with me forever. Sick I don't remember what film it was or anything else about it, but that image will never leave my head. For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could...

Another spine chilling moment would be in Kill Bill, don't know which film but she was in a caravan in the middle of nowhere fighting a woman and just reached out and ripped her eye out..ewwww. Found the rest of the film funny though. Laughing



It's called American History X - about neo-nazism. Brilliant film.

A Kill Bill moment for me is the spaghetti western music, epic sound, when she finally 'Kills Bill'. Very sad scene, powerful and emotive.
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Score, came out in 2001, thought it was after that tbh...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Romper Stomper, part with the girl on a skateboard. Quite a horrible moment.

- One of the beverly hills cop scenes where a guy get's killed is quite believable and violent, Guy is on his hands and knees trying to get away and guy grabs his hair buts the gun the back of his head and pulls the trigger. (difficult to explain)

- Flight of the navigator when he goes home to his parents and they're all old. Shocked
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hills Have Eyes -
When the deranged mutants rape the girl... Hard to watch to be honest
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:58 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was about 12 and walked into my cousins watching Alien at the WRONG bit, that chest burster scarred my for a while.

Also Steven Kings IT. For some reason I watched it when I was young and it really fucked me up!

arachnophobia

Beginning of saving private ryan, my hands were shaking, I didnt know if it was fear, adrenalin shock....

There was also some film I watched once where the plot was centered around a lawyer trying to get a rapist/muderer found not guilty in a court case even though he was guilty. There was a scene where he was raping a woman while stabbing her in the chest, it didnt show a lot but it was very well shot so your mind filled in the gaps. I really didnt like that Sick

Can't remember the name of the film thoguh.
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say it? I will, but I'll say this first; in terms of a historical treatise, it's about as accurate as the film U571 (when the Americans captured the Enigma machine instead of the British) or as fair & unbiased as, say: the Chilcott Enquiry.

In Braveheart when Mel Gibson is strutting his stuff through the muddy Scottish village (it may have been Bathgate) killing those evil English soldiers after they kill his wife.

I know it's so much dog shit, but it does stir the blood somewhat. Although perhaps not if you're English.

Wink
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inglorius bastards - Pretty much any scene with Christoph Waltz in it. He's a really creepy fucker Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Godfather.

The bit where Michael Corleone walks into the italian restaurant to meet the other gangster bloke and the police chief. The whole build up explains that its a dangerous situation and more than likely a trap. His guys have told somebody to place a gun taped behind the cistern in the toilet. He sits down to eat, and you know he's going to get up to go to the lav, and hopefully retrieve the gun and kill these two guys hes having dinner with. Up until this point in the film he's been pretty innocent and not really gotten involved but you know that either a 'good' guy or a 'bad' guy is going to die.

The tension in the scene is amazing. Its not too overdone, there's no tense music or anything, but when the moment comes it is a fantastic payoff to a long and worthy build up. The build up itself is more spine tingling than the action, but it is nonetheless very effective.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every scene from sixth sense ( watched it when i was 11/12)
Not sure i slept well for a while lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanfeast wrote:
For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could...


I don't understand how people can be totally void of killer instinct as was once so natural to us.
If I came into a situation where there was a person evil enough or maybe even just dislikable/dispicable/annoying enough under my boot then I easily could.

GhostRider wrote:
It's all about the scraping sound of tooth on curb that really nails it home.

GhostRider
+1 Laughing

One thing that get's me everytime, I'll actually wriggle and squirm watching it is injection scene's, usually skag... which is odd as I don't tend to mind injection's at all IRL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 04 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not spine chilling, but a top moment:
In The Departed when a certain someone gets shot in the face coming out of an elevator. No build up, no glory. I was like WHAT!?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.71 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.38 Kb