|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:31 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: Spine chilling on screen moments |
 |
|
Taken from Bonny's mention of the odd sensation.
Not necessarily "OMG H'es GOT A KNIFE!" in a horror film
More like when you saw the moment the Nazi slowly penetrates the chest of an American soldier with a knife in Saving private ryan.
Makes you shudder...
The moment in The Punisher with Tom Jane got me. When his wife and kid are mowed down by the bad guys in a truck and you see Castle approach the scene. The combination of that and the music send a shiver down my spine first time round.
Whats yours? ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| GhostRider wrote: | Parts of Schindlers List, namely where he's picking jews off from his window and the straight up executions on the streets.
Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).
Parts of avatar.
"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.
Tis all I can think of now.
GhostRider |
Ultimate bad cringe. Was about 13 when I first watched that - all my mates were laughing and saying how cool it was, and whilst I 'enjoyed' watching it I was one of the few that felt uncomfortable, knowing that it had happened to real people.
Ed Nortons a fuckin' legend though.
I explained my LOTR stuff the other thread.
One of my favourite good shudder parts is subway fight between Neo and Smith. And Neo finally realises that he /can/ fight.
'Whats he doing?'
'He's beginning to believe.'
Added to the music of that scene...WIN.
I love big, comic style scenes like that.
Another one is Superman : Returns - flying above the clouds after recovering from a Kryptonite shard being plunged into his back. Breathes in, takes in the suns rays, clenches his fists, and then rockets towards the earth. Everything about that scene, the music, the colour of the sun and how he literally and figuratively opens the clouds for the sun to shine...pure bliss for me.
The fact he lifts a continent out of the water after this moment is also worthy of note.  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:55 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| allymoss wrote: | | GhostRider wrote: |
Parts of 5th element (this was when I was somewhat younger).
|
LOL! What part of that film made you shudder. It is comedy. |
The bit where Leelu (?) starts looking through pictures of war, tears pouring down her face and it finishes on a mushroom cloud. The bit where Bruce Willis tells her he loves her. [/gay]
| Quote: | think for me there was a moment or two in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" which really got to me. |
Good one, he says something like "No, please let me hold onto this one, just this one". Agreed, and I thought Carrey did a real good job in that film.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:55 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| GhostRider wrote: |
"Bite the motherfucking curb.........now say goodnight" - you know what film I'm talkin about.
Tis all I can think of now.
GhostRider |
Jeez I remember that bit, it'll stay with me forever. I don't remember what film it was or anything else about it, but that image will never leave my head. For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could...
Another spine chilling moment would be in Kill Bill, don't know which film but she was in a caravan in the middle of nowhere fighting a woman and just reached out and ripped her eye out..ewwww. Found the rest of the film funny though.  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
Last edited by Feasty on 15:00 - 04 Feb 2010; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:59 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| beanfeast wrote: |
Jeez I remember that bit, it'll stay with me forever.  I don't remember what film it was or anything else about it, but that image will never leave my head. For a while after that film I kept thinking to myself, could I ever really actually do that to someone - even someone who was incredibly evil etc and the answer is no, I never could... |
It's all about the scraping sound of tooth on curb that really nails it home.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:09 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Abyss.
Where Ed Harris is trying revive Mary Ann Mastrantonionionionio's character. The film might be a bit schlocky, but Ed Harris's acting in that scene in particular is incomparable.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:15 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
When ET came back to life.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:29 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fight Club?
 ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:53 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
- Romper Stomper, part with the girl on a skateboard. Quite a horrible moment.
- One of the beverly hills cop scenes where a guy get's killed is quite believable and violent, Guy is on his hands and knees trying to get away and guy grabs his hair buts the gun the back of his head and pulls the trigger. (difficult to explain)
- Flight of the navigator when he goes home to his parents and they're all old.  ____________________ Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 5v3d3b0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 5v3d3b0 World Chat Champion
Joined: 24 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:58 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I was about 12 and walked into my cousins watching Alien at the WRONG bit, that chest burster scarred my for a while.
Also Steven Kings IT. For some reason I watched it when I was young and it really fucked me up!
arachnophobia
Beginning of saving private ryan, my hands were shaking, I didnt know if it was fear, adrenalin shock....
There was also some film I watched once where the plot was centered around a lawyer trying to get a rapist/muderer found not guilty in a court case even though he was guilty. There was a scene where he was raping a woman while stabbing her in the chest, it didnt show a lot but it was very well shot so your mind filled in the gaps. I really didnt like that
Can't remember the name of the film thoguh. ____________________ Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:10 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dare I say it? I will, but I'll say this first; in terms of a historical treatise, it's about as accurate as the film U571 (when the Americans captured the Enigma machine instead of the British) or as fair & unbiased as, say: the Chilcott Enquiry.
In Braveheart when Mel Gibson is strutting his stuff through the muddy Scottish village (it may have been Bathgate) killing those evil English soldiers after they kill his wife.
I know it's so much dog shit, but it does stir the blood somewhat. Although perhaps not if you're English.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neatbik |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neatbik World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 04 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Inglorius bastards - Pretty much any scene with Christoph Waltz in it. He's a really creepy fucker  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N.C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 N.C Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 14 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mac_Black |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mac_Black World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Nov 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 5v3d3b0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 5v3d3b0 World Chat Champion
Joined: 24 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|