|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Harold_Shand |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Harold_Shand World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:09 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Meh, that's why I like creatine. You take it an hour before you intend to go... then the excuses come out, but you get irked by the waste.
Ditto with big meaty and fatty meals deliberately for a savage workout, if you have that, you feel pretty obliged.
Why not just stick to weights for a bit. Generally it's the cardio that makes people sad. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| No More Names ...... |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 No More Names ...... Spanner Monkey

Joined: 15 Feb 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:12 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember your going to the gym thread ... lol
I'm going to try some exercise and jogging, by riding to different nice locations, then doing a few miles ... much better than gyms and the same scenery at your local park ...  ____________________ Flip Wrote: You're a bloke, you don't need kids. You need a vehicle, someone to shag, a dog and a shed. AKA Cuntdudes life and ambition ... A ++
DOD Wrote: It was very interesting - the desolation of some of the areas of that city is quite remarkable. Shows what terrible town planning can do. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WishayKillie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WishayKillie World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:12 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've just canceled my mebership to the gym, I hadn't been in over 6 months.
30 quid really was a waste of money to fanny about with the cycling machines, leer and women on the rowing thingies then go pee in the pool. Twas soul destroying.
Extra deep fried pizza money  ____________________ Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garth World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:16 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pre-accident I used the gym frequently, went to a couple of classes and really enjoyed it. Post accident I find it really hard and dull, and if I couldn't go immediately after work, and it wasn't enroute, I would struggle to go.
I basically need a personal trainer, someone who will come in, and kick me up the bum and make me go.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| No More Names ...... |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 No More Names ...... Spanner Monkey

Joined: 15 Feb 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:18 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm free ..........
Will a dildo do though dont they though ............
............................................................................... ____________________ Flip Wrote: You're a bloke, you don't need kids. You need a vehicle, someone to shag, a dog and a shed. AKA Cuntdudes life and ambition ... A ++
DOD Wrote: It was very interesting - the desolation of some of the areas of that city is quite remarkable. Shows what terrible town planning can do. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:22 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was a regular at the gym, until a couple of years ago.
No matter how hard i trained, it was always a chore , but worth it.. cos it stopped me having a heart-attack
now i am training to do the "Three Peaks" challenge.
this is to climb Ben Nevis, Scarfell Pike, and Mount Snowdon,,, all in 24 hours.
the training is mostly endurance work and a bit time consuming.
having a goal to aim towards makes training a lot easier to do. ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| No More Names ...... |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 No More Names ...... Spanner Monkey

Joined: 15 Feb 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:26 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The last thing i want to do when i go up a hill and come down a mountain, is to do another two ... !!!
Good luck all the same .... ____________________ Flip Wrote: You're a bloke, you don't need kids. You need a vehicle, someone to shag, a dog and a shed. AKA Cuntdudes life and ambition ... A ++
DOD Wrote: It was very interesting - the desolation of some of the areas of that city is quite remarkable. Shows what terrible town planning can do. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Deckx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Deckx Nearly there...

Joined: 09 Apr 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:56 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
do you use music ?? if i don't have Eminem or Metallica going on the headphones i can't do shit.. I usually eat something about a hour before to get some energy..
I do a lot of body weight stuff, ie chin-ups, pull-ups, dips, press-up which I find works better for me more than pumping heavy weights.... you actually get a good buzz from a workout..
As said, cycling and running is boring as fuck.. just torturing yourself really  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:41 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Why not try proper spinning?
Go pull an old bicycle frame out of the local river and make it into a cheap and nasty fixie. Bung some fairly low gears on it and go for a ride around.
Bet you could build one for the price of a couple of months gym membership and you have a bicycle at the end of it.
Want to go faster? Pedal faster. Want to go up a hill? Pedal harder.
Downhills are hard work on a fixie, uphills are easier than they have any right to be but you crave flat bits of road. Gives you a proper workout and a sense of satisfaction, like you did the route "properly" without any underhand trickery such as changing down a gear to make the hill easier.
I actually enjoy riding my single speed bicycle, perhaps due to its simplicity and sense of minimum wasted effort (it feels like all the energy you put into pedalling is translated into forwards motion). I never used to like cycling when i was a kid.
Hell at least you'd be going somewhere. Riding a bike that has a) No gears and b) Looks like a piece of crap precludes you from looking like either a cyclist or a fashion victim respectively.
I mean, do I look like a fucking cyclist to you?
https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/stinkwheel/DSCN0395.jpg
Yes, it has a back brake. Is a single speed, not a fixie. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hazylogic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hazylogic World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:55 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:57 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I do try and ride on 'real' push bikes too - however rarely find myself pushing to anywhere near the intensity I do in a class except when involved in some kind of a race (have done cross country and cyclocross, as well as just trying to get to the top/bottom of a hill quicker than a mate of course:).)
I'm afraid that down-south, 'beardies' are often associated with push bikes and perhaps slightly separately, in the right circles single speeds including old tatty looking ones are actually considered very fashionable . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Throttle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Throttle Crazy Courier

Joined: 02 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:03 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Deckx wrote: | do you use music ?? if i don't have Eminem or Metallica going on the headphones i can't do shit.. I usually eat something about a hour before to get some energy..
|
My friend and I have different overall tastes in music, and experimented with what seemed to "work" best when lifting heavy weights. We discovered that for both of us; rap music didn't work, Audioslave & Rage did work, and the best motivational music was: The Rocky Soundtrack (I don't even like the Rocky fims, but the associative music did motivate me in the gym). ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:21 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have, for the last year straight, every gym session... listened to Ibiza Euphoria Cd 2 (it's a stuck together 90 minute track).
I want something else. But nothing works.
Help  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:29 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you tried The Prodigy, Bonny...and what about Extreme Euphoria??
I particularly liked the Body Pump classes (no rudies please boys ), as it was weights, resistance and toning all rolled into one.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trevoriv |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trevoriv World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:17 - 15 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
For the days that i cant be arsed going to the gym i have a cheap bench in the spare room and 100kg worth of weights, dead easy to do an hour or two of heavy weights when you can just whack the stereo on and not bother about queueing for machines and stuff.
For cardio ive started playing football a few times a week and now and then running with a mate whos traing for the london marathon, we have a bit of natter and a bitch like a couple of old women whilst burning the cals.
Im still a podgy skinny fat knacker though  ____________________ Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KLR600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KLR600 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:19 - 16 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I quite like the idea of going to the gym but not for paying for it every month. I have a set of weights at home that I try and do a routine with every other night and I go mountain biking as much as possible which I find keeps me in pretty good shape.
I struggle the most when I've had a cold or pulled some muscle or something, I just find it really hard to get back into the routine of lifting weights but once I finally start again I'm straight back into it.
I think music whilst working out is a personal thing, I find most punk rock does it for me but then that's all I listen to anyway  ____________________ Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!> |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:32 - 16 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I go to the gym, although it doesn't show. I'm fighting a holding action to be honest, I'm not getting any thinner or fatter.
Two things, the gym is boring so you (or atleast I) find myself making endless excuses to not go, these must be recognised for what they are: excuses!
Secondly, don't think about how you feel before going in. I don't know about you, but after a good healthy sweat then a hot shower (and after having enjoyed the view) I feel much better. I can go in thinking I'll do the thin end of fuck all because I feel like shit, but end up running for ages, weeching for a while and all sorts of other stuff.
Music wise? I've left early because my mp3 player has ran out of juice (never by a usb chargeable heehaw.) Prodigy, Faithless, Sash Greatest hits is good at the moment, bit of Muse, propellorheads, Glee soundtrack (erm...) and some classical (Erik Satie, Barber etc) or Air/Zero7 for cooling down....
I have to say, Erik Satie, Gymnopediae is a fascinating soundtrack for watching a pair of pert young buttocks trying to overtake one and other on the stepper in front... Although this is somewhat off-set by the old man in the changing rooms with no sense of personal space who bends down to dry his toes altogether far to close and with his bran star pointing entirely in the wrong direction. I think the music from Psycho would be more apt...
I like/hate the gym.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:16 - 16 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
2010 January 1st i decided. Im doing it Rocky style, and ill never go back.
Basically theres two gyms in my town, £40 or so a month. Either way its shocking. You're basically paying for everyone else remember. So you use 4-5 machines and a treadmill, the rest is used by everyone else and you're paying. Bollox to that.
Getting yourself lean, trim and fit as far as i can tell now is 70% diet and 30% workout.
Ive cut out completely, fizzy drinks, treats (like choc, crisps ice cream etc) no fatty foods. Im eating fish, chicken, occasional steaks, mixed nuts instead of crisps...basically all the main food groups with minimal fat and salt content. I do have treats, my body has stopped craving such foods and im enjoying it now.
Get out running or cycling with a mix of swimming and if you can, punch bag. Best cardio around. Ive got a skipping rope (im usless so far with that) weights and pull-up bar. No gym fee and i have noticed results.
Tunes....here's my playlist, garanteed to make you work hard.
Notorious B.I.G & P-diddy - Victory (2004)
Outkast - B.O.B
Onyx - Slam
Rob base & DJ EZ Rock - it takes two
A tribe called Quest - Scenario
M.O.P feat: funkmaster flex - Ante up
Pharoahe Monch - Simon says
Vince dicola - War (rocky track)
Rocky IV - training montage (nuff said)
Rocky - Burning heart (sing along!)
Rocky - Eye of the tiger (why not)
Rocky IV - No easy way out
Mix in some Prodigy (Breathe, poisen, scienide, mindfields, their law etc)
Also get most things by WU Tang.  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:23 - 16 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The only thing that makes any sort of cardio work bearable is a high volume of slipknot, black dahlia murder, pantera and August burns red.
Without these ingredients I'm bored shitless by half a mile and will just think "fuck it, protein time".
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|