|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Biker101 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Biker101 Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jan 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:36 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: Need a new bike, but dont like anything... |
 |
|
I've been here long enough to know people hate 'what bike' threads but here gos.
I've been thinking over the last few months about my bike and have decided it has to go.
I love it, I love the way it handles, I love the power, I love the looks it gets, I love the way it looks, I love the quality of it.
However I just cant ride it, anymore than 2 hours and I start feeling uncomfortable, anymore than 4 hours and I start aching and am in pain when I get home.
This is a problem when its 30-40 minutes of town driving to get to some decent riding roads from my house and is the reason I've only been out for 1 decent ride since August.
So I think I need to change, but I like nothing else out there so just wanted some suggestions.
I want something that rides like my current bike but is comfier basically, less than 5 years old too and something that I can buy for what mine is worth.
Oh, my current bike is a low mileage 05 reg CBR600rr-5, not a clue what its worth, maybe around £4k come the sun (if it ever happens)
Mike ____________________ Past: 06 Runner SP50 >>> 01 Varadero XL125 >>> 08 Kwak ER-6f >>> 05 CBR600rr
Present: 99 FZS600 Fazer |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BanditJeff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BanditJeff Trackday Trickster
Joined: 24 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:07 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
CBR600F is comfortable, the RR is a completely different bike though, so I suppose you could get a CBR600F as it was made in parallel with the RR for a couple of years, think they stopped in 2005?
I found my CBR600RR fairly uncomfortable, felt like I was perched ontop of it rather than sat in it if that makes sense, was my lower back that'd start to ache eventually, it does on any bike after about 200 miles but on the CBR it'd happen at 100 or so.
I'd suggest that the R6 is a lot less extreme, upto 2006 not the new model, also the GSXRs are less severe riding positions, Kawasaki are possibly worse unless you go for older J models which are pretty laid back really. Otherwise you'll be looking at sports tourers or sit up style bikes rather than full on sports bikes, or go for older sports bikes as they generally have less extreme positions, except the ZX7R. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nyarlathotep |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nyarlathotep Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaPo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaPo Scooby Slapper

Joined: 27 Apr 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Biker101 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Biker101 Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jan 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:13 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.helibars.com/products-by-bike/honda ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:40 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.streetfighterstore.com/search ____________________ Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaPo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaPo Scooby Slapper

Joined: 27 Apr 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:48 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ulster exile |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ulster exile Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 18 Jul 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:23 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Maybe try a cheaper solution before forking out ('scuse the pun) on a more permanent solution like the helibars.
For example (don't know the diameter of your forks but there are other sizes available) click me
We bought a CB-1 with clip ons as a hack in Nov which left me in pain (I've got carpal tunnel syndrome) but hubby won't let me fit these as he wants the bike standard. I've bought a 2nd Hornet in revenge to use as my personal hack though - that shut him up. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mad4it028 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mad4it028 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ttr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ttr Crazy Courier

Joined: 22 Apr 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:22 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
was going to be my suggestion.
That's had some cool mods! ____________________ GS125-> NT400->VFR400->CRM250->Z750 + GS125->NTV650 rat + VMX1200->GSF600 + GPz550 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| craigs23 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 craigs23 Mr Muscle

Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:07 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: Re: Need a new bike, but dont like anything... |
 |
|
| Biker101 wrote: | I've been here long enough to know people hate 'what bike' threads but here gos.
I've been thinking over the last few months about my bike and have decided it has to go.
I love it, I love the way it handles, I love the power, I love the looks it gets, I love the way it looks, I love the quality of it.
However I just cant ride it, anymore than 2 hours and I start feeling uncomfortable, anymore than 4 hours and I start aching and am in pain when I get home.
This is a problem when its 30-40 minutes of town driving to get to some decent riding roads from my house and is the reason I've only been out for 1 decent ride since August.
So I think I need to change, but I like nothing else out there so just wanted some suggestions.
I want something that rides like my current bike but is comfier basically, less than 5 years old too and something that I can buy for what mine is worth.
Oh, my current bike is a low mileage 05 reg CBR600rr-5, not a clue what its worth, maybe around £4k come the sun (if it ever happens)
Mike |
Honda CG125.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Towton 1461 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Towton 1461 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 15 Sep 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 03:20 - 28 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's very nice, Mad. Is it yours? ____________________ This post is sponsored by QUILLIES LOZENGES. Suck QUILLIES for fast throat relief! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lonner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lonner Spanner Monkey

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mad4it028 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mad4it028 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:12 - 28 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Towton '61 wrote: |
That's very nice, Mad. Is it yours? |
i wish no i did a google image search n found it, it is very nice tho ____________________ always looking to buy bikes crashed ,unfinished projects,none runners pm me
currently riding kawasaki z1000 only bike ive ever loved |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ghost |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ghost Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 28 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smooth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smooth Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|