|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:03 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: What to do with the CBR |
 |
|
Right, well as some of you know, I've got a battered CBR 600 FT
Dynojetted, blue flame exhausts, braided lines, K & N Filter, Downgeared. Basically about as Hooligan as you can make one without whacking a turbo on it.
Unfortunately, it's now running like crap, and carbs getting whipped off, cleaned and inspected (by two different people) haven't made any discernible difference.
Now it looks like I may be leaving the country for a year, maybe longer, and I might as well sever the ties to the UK.
It also, looks like crap. Front subframe is bent so you can't have the LHS wingmirror attached, fairing mangled in plenty of places, no real service history except a receipt for carb balancing and valve clearances.
Even mint, they barely go for a grand. Mine, in it's current state is going to go for decidedly less. But how much less. Will getting it running properly actually make a difference when it looks this much of a dog? ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:24 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: Re: What to do with the CBR |
 |
|
| Bonny wrote: | Right, well as some of you know, I've got a battered CBR 600 FT
Dynojetted, blue flame exhausts, braided lines, K & N Filter, Downgeared. Basically about as Hooligan as you can make one without whacking a turbo on it.
Unfortunately, it's now running like crap, and carbs getting whipped off, cleaned and inspected (by two different people) haven't made any discernible difference.
Now it looks like I may be leaving the country for a year, maybe longer, and I might as well sever the ties to the UK.
It also, looks like crap. Front subframe is bent so you can't have the LHS wingmirror attached, fairing mangled in plenty of places, no real service history except a receipt for carb balancing and valve clearances.
Even mint, they barely go for a grand. Mine, in it's current state is going to go for decidedly less. But how much less. Will getting it running properly actually make a difference when it looks this much of a dog? |
Lend it to Robby again. ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:46 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: Re: What to do with the CBR |
 |
|
| Cuban Pete wrote: |
Lend it to Robby again. |
He was too scared to ride it, therefore couldn't diagnose it.
Pus
Only problem with breaking it is time and effort. Assuming it looks like shite but runs well, what do you guys reckon I could ask for it? 600 tops? Could cost 200 to get running properly, either by getting a mek to look at it (no garantee), or just keep swapping electrical parts until it's better.
So, could I get 400 from just the parts Seems like a hell of a waste of a bike that is still pretty much going, just a bit rough. Especially as I paid 2k for it 5 years ago. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:53 - 26 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ship it to Seoul? , you can get it over there for £320 via my web of sticky contacts, insurance is £12 a month petrol is 47p a litre.
Driving in Seoul is NOT for the faint hearted though,
You will however need to swap your UK licence via way of surrender to swap it for a Korean driving licence. (you don't get it back).
As a foreign bike you will have to use a big yellow sticker on it, and sign various agreements to say you will take it out the country. Sports bikes are rare birds in Korea and the MOT is easy/non existent. You can even ship it to Japan for a weekend on a insurance bond (you stick down a wad of cash at Hakkata and you get 80% of it back when you leave with bike).
South Korea IS a bikers paradise, around the Inchi Sokcho region, the road surface is perfect, Koreans don't do speed or traffic light cameras (fatalties however are VERY HIGH). Cops will see you ride past them at over a hundred and ignore you. Why do you think I got stuck there for nearly a month and a half?
When I leave in 3 months time I'm shipping the CBR out to Hong Kong.
The bad bit is you are not allowed on the motorways, but that didn't stop me from going on the motorways though. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:28 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
hhmm, could do with another Steelie.
A packet of Starbursts for it? ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:44 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
What serious offers would I be getting?
Only pictures I've got are, ahem, elevated  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
i only said £200 cos i know fo sho i have that in cash right now lol...
if you can wait till wednesday...£300  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:56 - 27 Feb 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll put some pictures up in the week. In no massive rush to get shot of it just yet, but once I have a deadline to go to South Korea I'd pretty much want shot of it.
I need ~£500 for my first month over there I do have quite a few bits and bobs to go with it, so even running funny I should be able to get that.
Namely a spare rear wheel and disc, spare fuel pump relay, the left wingmirror that's missing. Probably more if I did about. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|