|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:50 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: Frustrated... |
 |
|
Got a new bike a week ago, nice little ER6n. But I can't ride it, cos the DVLA haven't got round to sending the V5 through yet.
On top of that, I can't get rid of my old ER5. No-one seems to want her. So in the meantime, I am still riding her to work, cramming 2 bikes into one parking space, and every day I have to look my new bike in the eyes and not get on...
At this rate, I'll be calling webuyanybike.com just to get the old one out of my sight. I think I'd rather get the tube... almost. I know I should have waited to get the new one before selling the old one, but I couldn't pass up the bargain!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:53 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Why are you waiting for the V5?
I've never ever ever waited for the V5...
Tax? Do it online... ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:59 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can tax it if you take the new keepers slip (might need some other stuff as well, can't remember) to the post office, that's what I did when the DVLA took ages to send the V5 through.
You can ride without the V5. Get on it, enjoy this nice weather.  ____________________ MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:59 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't really want to risk it... At the moment, this bike is proving more trouble than it was worth - wasn't even able to transfer my one year's no claims over for the insurance.
I don't think I'm very good at this bike buying lark.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:08 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Personally I'd take all the documents I had (plus print anything you think you may need - such as the insurance details) and give it a go.
Like m0l0t0v said, the worse they can say is no.
Actually, if I remember correctly, my bike is an 06 plate so I don't think the woman even looked at my MOT certificate, even though I had one. ____________________ MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right then - I'm off to the PO on Monday where I will lose 2 hours of my life in the queue, but I may also walk away with my tax disc!
Thanks chaps.
Now to solve the problem of the ER5... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neil. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neil. World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:55 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've taken a printout of my insurance certificate from the PDF file they sent me and never had a problem - no questions asked. The V5C slip will also be fine for tax. DO IT!!!!!  ____________________ CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Muscle Bike Rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Muscle Bike Rider World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| truslack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 truslack World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Apr 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:06 - 09 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Lots of post offices are open on Saturday mornings you know?
I would print off the certificate but not tell them it's this as some get a bit arsey with it.
No tax on bikes doesn't seem to be a big thing around here, though I do try and keep mine in tax regardless.[/u] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hornetmike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hornetmike World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:45 - 10 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
True, there is no risk if you have a licence, tax, mot and insurance.
But he's missing the tax bit  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pickle Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|