|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:32 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: Right now I'm so fucked off!! |
 |
|
My office is soon to be moving business premises and I thought for the good of my CV and being seen to be willing to get involved, I put myself forward to help out manage this.
So I get invited to the first meeting this afternoon feeling a little out of my depth as there are many senior managers, I'm the lowest level employee there.
A senior manager then comes over to me and another manager and says there's too many people there and that one of us has to leave, the other manager says well he wants to stay and be involved. So what the fuck option do I have with a manager and a senior manager looking at me like I'm a piece of garbage that needs chucking in the bin. It'd do me no good to stand there and argue so I have to walk out looking like a fucking idiot - wankers the lot of them!!! Now I'm just gonna do fuck all work for the rest of the day and feel like telling them to piss off and I'm no longer doing anything above and beyond what I'm contracted to do - I hate this chuffing place...  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Savage- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Savage- World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:36 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Least you have a job.... ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Savage- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Savage- World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:00 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I recently had the opposite happen.
I kept receiving emails about some senior management forum, I thought they were for information purposes or sent in error but no, my manager had 'nominated' me to attend. I think you can tell from my posts that I'm no senior manager, I'm not even a junior manager.
I found out I was supposed to go the night before then got a row for fecking it off because I was in the middle of moving and the meeting was 40 odd miles away in another office.
One thing I hate is attending meetings where I have nothing to offer and nothing to gain from them, its just a waste of time. I told my manager this but she said I should just go and sit there.
Eh!?!
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| supZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 supZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:11 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:34 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not such a bad idea Soul_Trader. And I'm already starting to look round for companies where employees who want to get on are actually valued!
However for the time being I'm drafting a complaint letter and then I'll have to cut out all the swear words, replacing them with the actual names of the people involved. Then I'll consider whether there's actually any point in sending it, I do enjoy the odd feather ruffling sometimes...  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:49 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Tell him why you want it, and if he rejects you, and you think that's unfair, then bollocks, you tried, you get the sense of achievement from that, and move on, in the actual knowledge they wouldn't let you put in the effort.
If he allows you, BIG sense of achievement, and you will enjoy the job.
Don't be a wet and send them a poncy up your arse letter. ____________________ "Do what you always did, get what you always got" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:35 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nah it's not like I'm applying for a new position or job or anything, it's just a case of temporarily managing an office move without any extra pay or reward. Simply a case of trying to show I'm capable and willing to put the effort in which 99% of the people I work with think I'm daft for doing.
I'm planning on leaving the company afterwards anyway because they're making me move so much further away from home that it's just not practical.
As for Savage and Itchy's responses, I do appreciate your efforts to make me feel better on this one!  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:47 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
So a short while ago I sent a complaint email copying in HR etc asking for an explanation.
10mins later I get a meeting with the senior manager who's apologetic, explains it was a misunderstanding and 'bigs me up' for sticking my hand up for the work in the first place. He said he'll be a network contact for me and is already pushing to get some information about available positions sent to me that were previously unknown.
Result I THINK, thought you can never tell with these management types!  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:22 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
You should have stood your ground and said that you were there to represent your fellow colleagues and suggest that, in your opinion there were too many managers in the room. (cheeky buggers ) ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:15 - 06 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
My boss gave me a kiss today.
Sweet  ____________________ Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Harold_Shand |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Harold_Shand World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:06 - 07 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Harold_Shand wrote: | You're an arse-licker. This leads to contempt from peers and management. Tread carefully, your colleagues are saying things like "OMG, I can't believe that wanker put his name in for that"... whilst management are saying things like "OMG, who WAS that little wanker sat next Tim this afternoon?"
The world of that type of work exists to exploit you to make more money for them. Fuck 'em. Do what's expected, no more, no less. |
Lol, those saying I threw my toys out of the pram are absoultely right. Sometimes you've just got to do these things, and if I hadn't I'd still be sitting here now fuming without being able to do anything about it. Instead I got it off my chest and got noticed from up above for trying to better myself.
As for the quote above, I spent many years working in shops and cleaning factory toilets thinking like that and that it mattered what my colleagues thought of me. Until I could see I wasn't getting anywhere like that, getting noticed and 'arse licking' has got me a decent job with 3x more salary than cleaning other peoples shit off the walls and I don't intend to stop there.  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moonie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moonie World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:28 - 07 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got fired two days ago on a service where the other two chefs fucked it and I literally got it all spot-on. (Also fired for one bad service, wtf?!). I am today going to go and grovel for a job that I am more than capable of doing because my idiot manager got himself in a tiz trying to be a chef.
Stop your bitching. ____________________ Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:57 - 07 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|