Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Right now I'm so fucked off!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Right now I'm so fucked off!! Reply with quote

My office is soon to be moving business premises and I thought for the good of my CV and being seen to be willing to get involved, I put myself forward to help out manage this.
So I get invited to the first meeting this afternoon feeling a little out of my depth as there are many senior managers, I'm the lowest level employee there.

A senior manager then comes over to me and another manager and says there's too many people there and that one of us has to leave, the other manager says well he wants to stay and be involved. So what the fuck option do I have with a manager and a senior manager looking at me like I'm a piece of garbage that needs chucking in the bin. It'd do me no good to stand there and argue so I have to walk out looking like a fucking idiot - wankers the lot of them!!! Evil or Very Mad Now I'm just gonna do fuck all work for the rest of the day and feel like telling them to piss off and I'm no longer doing anything above and beyond what I'm contracted to do - I hate this chuffing place... Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that's bad? I just got an email sent to me by my final year project supervisor addressed to my project examiners slagging me off and saying how crap my work is.
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least you have a job....
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Savage- wrote:
Think that's bad? I just got an email sent to me by my final year project supervisor addressed to my project examiners slagging me off and saying how crap my work is.


Just to clarify... it was never meant to have been sent to you?

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
-Savage- wrote:
Think that's bad? I just got an email sent to me by my final year project supervisor addressed to my project examiners slagging me off and saying how crap my work is.


Just to clarify... it was never meant to have been sent to you?

GhostRider


Well I think what happened was part of it was, he forwarded some replies to me, and at the bottom was this email he had sent.
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had the opposite happen.

I kept receiving emails about some senior management forum, I thought they were for information purposes or sent in error but no, my manager had 'nominated' me to attend. I think you can tell from my posts that I'm no senior manager, I'm not even a junior manager.

I found out I was supposed to go the night before then got a row for fecking it off because I was in the middle of moving and the meeting was 40 odd miles away in another office.

One thing I hate is attending meetings where I have nothing to offer and nothing to gain from them, its just a waste of time. I told my manager this but she said I should just go and sit there.

Eh!?! Confused

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.fishtank.org.uk/humour/pictures/General/Hold%20A%20Meeting.jpg
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had a reason you were better for it than him, and spoke your mind, maybe you could take it.


You had no reason and said nothing, and you bite the proverbial dust.


It's a savage garden, why not leave them behind and look elswhere.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:34 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not such a bad idea Soul_Trader. Thumbs Up And I'm already starting to look round for companies where employees who want to get on are actually valued!
However for the time being I'm drafting a complaint letter and then I'll have to cut out all the swear words, replacing them with the actual names of the people involved. Then I'll consider whether there's actually any point in sending it, I do enjoy the odd feather ruffling sometimes... Twisted Evil
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no point in sending it.

If you get the job, you will feel awkward while doing it.

Everyone will hear about it, and hold you in quiet contempt.


If you really want it, then you must go in person, and see the man who decides if you are in or out.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him why you want it, and if he rejects you, and you think that's unfair, then bollocks, you tried, you get the sense of achievement from that, and move on, in the actual knowledge they wouldn't let you put in the effort.


If he allows you, BIG sense of achievement, and you will enjoy the job.


Don't be a wet and send them a poncy up your arse letter.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah it's not like I'm applying for a new position or job or anything, it's just a case of temporarily managing an office move without any extra pay or reward. Simply a case of trying to show I'm capable and willing to put the effort in which 99% of the people I work with think I'm daft for doing. Rolling Eyes

I'm planning on leaving the company afterwards anyway because they're making me move so much further away from home that it's just not practical.


As for Savage and Itchy's responses, I do appreciate your efforts to make me feel better on this one! Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a short while ago I sent a complaint email copying in HR etc asking for an explanation.

10mins later I get a meeting with the senior manager who's apologetic, explains it was a misunderstanding and 'bigs me up' for sticking my hand up for the work in the first place. He said he'll be a network contact for me and is already pushing to get some information about available positions sent to me that were previously unknown.

Result I THINK, thought you can never tell with these management types! Laughing
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have stood your ground and said that you were there to represent your fellow colleagues and suggest that, in your opinion there were too many managers in the room. (cheeky buggers Rolling Eyes )
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Re: Right now I'm so fucked off!! Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
so I have to walk out looking like a fucking idiot - I hate this chuffing place... Evil or Very Mad


https://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/tantrum.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss gave me a kiss today.
Sweet Very Happy
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get invited to the big boys meetings after doing something where you prove your worth, not to try and look important there. So you're now the junior guy that shouldn't have been at the big boys meeting, and then threw his toys out of the pram afterwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 06 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're an arse-licker. This leads to contempt from peers and management. Tread carefully, your colleagues are saying things like "OMG, I can't believe that wanker put his name in for that"... whilst management are saying things like "OMG, who WAS that little wanker sat next Tim this afternoon?"

The world of that type of work exists to exploit you to make more money for them. Fuck 'em. Do what's expected, no more, no less.
____________________
BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold_Shand wrote:
You're an arse-licker. This leads to contempt from peers and management. Tread carefully, your colleagues are saying things like "OMG, I can't believe that wanker put his name in for that"... whilst management are saying things like "OMG, who WAS that little wanker sat next Tim this afternoon?"

The world of that type of work exists to exploit you to make more money for them. Fuck 'em. Do what's expected, no more, no less.


Lol, those saying I threw my toys out of the pram are absoultely right. Sometimes you've just got to do these things, and if I hadn't I'd still be sitting here now fuming without being able to do anything about it. Instead I got it off my chest and got noticed from up above for trying to better myself.

As for the quote above, I spent many years working in shops and cleaning factory toilets thinking like that and that it mattered what my colleagues thought of me. Until I could see I wasn't getting anywhere like that, getting noticed and 'arse licking' has got me a decent job with 3x more salary than cleaning other peoples shit off the walls and I don't intend to stop there. Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:28 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got fired two days ago on a service where the other two chefs fucked it and I literally got it all spot-on. (Also fired for one bad service, wtf?!). I am today going to go and grovel for a job that I am more than capable of doing because my idiot manager got himself in a tiz trying to be a chef.

Stop your bitching.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:29 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
Until I could see I wasn't getting anywhere like that, getting noticed and 'arse licking' has got me a decent job with 3x more salary than cleaning other peoples shit off the walls and I don't intend to stop there. Thumbs Up


Time to invest in a shed load of KY-Jelly... Wink
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Time to invest in a shed load of KY-Jelly... Wink



Cool Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that tube of bum lube came from that box...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that tube of bum lube came from that box...


I do believe you are supposed to think 'outside the box' in this case! Laughing Wink
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 07 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that tube of bum lube came from that box...



'course it did, it's like this:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nlB2iavXqvs/RpTyOj35nOI/AAAAAAAABJU/CY0wLErJo8E/s400/Optical+illusion+Taj+Mahal.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.06 Kb