|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:57 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: Ride report - Green laning 9th May 2010 |
 |
|
Mr Sparks! and I did a spot of laning today, it has been a few weeks since my last ride, so I was keen to get out again!!
Sparks! hadn't been out for what must be a coupla months now, so I bet he was even more keen.
Anyway, on the ride we got discussing Four Marks track ... I said it was rubbish when I went, he said that G had gone the day before and it was much improved.
We intended to pass Four Marks on our travels anyway, so the plan was to go in and have a play.
We wanted to go for a spot of lunch in Four Marks village, so decided to 'case out' the track and then have a spot of lunch returning after.
The chap there let us have a lap just to see what it was like (which was good of him) ... anyway ... we went round the track and off out back to the enduro part ... and er ... I got rather stuck ... Sparks! saw me stuck and decided to run through himself to give me the 400 4T fingers ... he then proceeded to get just as stuck as I was!!
After a while it was clear that we were NOT getting out without help!!
My bike would no longer kick over ... I thought I had ingested some of the slurry where I/the bike fell over trying to drag the thing out!!!
I can tell you are getting bored of reading my waffle ... so we DID get out with the aid of a 4x4 and some rope!! ... thanks mr 4x4!! Oh and after stripping my bike down I got it going again (hadn't actually ingested slurry all the way in {phew}).
At that point we decided to just go have lunch (must have been 1.5hrs trying to get the bikes out) and then return home ... with the view to come back another day.
The ride home went without drama ... well .... I had just loaded up my van and set off; I got a text from Sparks! saying his oil pipe had come off and he had broken down!!
I 'recovered' him, but I am not sure the WRs cams and big end are going to like having been run dry
I am sure Sparks! will inform further on that point ... here are some pics of us stuck in the mud!!  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
Last edited by Blue_SV650S on 20:08 - 09 May 2010; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| woll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 woll World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:03 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
looks like good fun i want to get into green laning but i cant find any local not even on that trailwise website  ____________________ Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| woll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 woll World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:49 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not round these here parts lol theres 1 slightly resembling a greenlane but some cunt has put a huge metal barrier up (its a proper road) just before it gets to cobbles and mud only way round is up a very steep bank through some woods then down the other side, but then it only turns into a proper road a few hundred meter down. And a little one a few hundred meters long down the road from me. There the only two i know of if anybody fancies enlightening me please do  ____________________ Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neatbik |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neatbik World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:09 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Are they allowed to put a barrier up if its a public road?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| woll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 woll World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:26 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Joe that's the thing there are no signs at the bottom of the hill on either sides to say no access i don't quite know why they've done it, could be something to do with the loggers up there maybe ____________________ Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neatbik |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neatbik World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:49 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think four marks is worth a play for general improving fast dirt skills - go out and play at 'easy' jumps and berms without worrying too much about nasty fast people landing on you or having to stay out all the time because your group is only out for 15 minutes at a time.
Rest of it is ok to ride around but not amazing - basically gingers, but better . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silky666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| G wrote: | I think four marks is worth a play for general improving fast dirt skills - go out and play at 'easy' jumps and berms without worrying too much about nasty fast people landing on you or having to stay out all the time because your group is only out for 15 minutes at a time.
Rest of it is ok to ride around but not amazing - basically gingers, but better  . |
As per G, I really enjoyed the half a lap I managed before getting ridiculously stuck in the woods. Wish I had my XR as that would have ridden through anything! The jumps were good enough to get some decent air, but not overwhelming for a n00b who's not done much jumping before. I'll definetly be going back in the van sometime.
However....
The lower oil line on my WR came off at some point on the way home, I lost all my oil and didn't notice until the whirring of fucked bearings became louder than the exhaust It got so loud I thought I had a flat tyre, so pulled over and checked tyres but they were fine, tried to pull away and it stalled.... re-started, tried to pull away again and it stalled.. so I got off for another look then saw that the oil line was hanging off and the bike was bone dry with no oil in
I've spoken to my mate who I bought the bike off (it's not his fault btw, just an unfortunate thing) he's told me that its highly likely damage is done and not to try topping up with oil and starting.. gotta take the engine out and take it down to him. He said it could be anything from £250 if lucky to £600+ ... he said in all seriousness looking around the £600 mark.
Happy days
On the plus side, I loooooove jumping, so much fun and the WR flies really well. And I've been out on the Africa Twin this evening and that runs and rides sooo well now, just the front discs to sort out which should be here Tuesday
I'm off to continue sulking now  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:18 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:27 - 09 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silky666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:59 - 10 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/er.jpg
Jeezus H Christ
Now that is deep mud.
I didnt see these images when I posted the https://eydis.fantasy-hr.com/style_emoticons/light/gay.gif comment.
I now take it back for the lunch ridicule ... as I expect you needed a break after that.
But NOT for the 4x4 dragging you out ... you lesbians. ( I would rather leave my bike than call on the 4x4 oinks for help)
Bad luck with the bike Sparks.
Hope it is a cheap repair.  ____________________ There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.
Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:06 - 10 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| silky666 wrote: |
Jeezus H Christ
Now that is deep mud.
I didnt see these images when I posted the https://eydis.fantasy-hr.com/style_emoticons/light/gay.gif comment.
I now take it back for the lunch ridicule ... as I expect you needed a break after that.
But NOT for the 4x4 dragging you out ... you lesbians. ( I would rather leave my bike than call on the 4x4 oinks for help)
Bad luck with the bike Sparks.
Hope it is a cheap repair.  |
After having done a few hours riding/laining, we were already due lunch BEFORE Four Marks and mud stuck-ed-ness (only intended to case it out, not spend any time there prior to lunch) ... as I said, there must have been 1.5hs odd of attempted hauling/dragging wading/moving in really thick claggy mud and then refusing to start kick starting before we got going again ... so we were well overdue lunch at that point!
To say the least, we were glad the 4x4 boys helped!! The first 4x4 that tried to haul us out, didn't have lockable diff, so was a total fail!! https://www.gixxer.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
I have to say though at that point I wondered if we were going to get out at all!!
Thankfully we had attracted quite a crowd (of hecklers) by now and one went off to get a 4x4 that had lockable diff and he got us out no-worries!!!  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 146 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|