|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Computageek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Computageek Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 15 Jun 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teflon-Mike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:37 - 25 Jun 2010 Post subject: Re: Old Guy, New Biker |
 |
|
| Computageek wrote: | Hi All,
I've not been on a bike since I crashed in 1991. At the time, I could ride any 125cc motorcycle and CBT was unheard of.
Since my son has bought his Aprilia RS125 (see Workshop section for this saga), I have decided that I'd quite like a bike to potter about on.
My licence says that I have Provisional Entitlement for Motorcycles, so I guess I can jump on any 125cc Bike (with L Plates of course). As far as I know, I should not be restricted to this 11bhp nonsense? Right?
thanks
Pete.. |
As far as I'm aware, No.....
back in 1990 you weren't allowed to ride anything with more than 12bhp either..... why should you now?
BIKE must be 'Learner-Legal', which means be beneath the specified capacity and power limits.
And YES you do have provisional Motorcycle entitlement on your licence BUT it is only 'VALIDATED' when you have completed a CBT course, and been awareded a cirtificate.
Its NO different to when you got your provisional licence, when the entitlement was valid for ONLY two years.
There are a couple of caveots, clauses and loop-holes, BUT.....
Go do a CBT course.
You haven't been on a bike for nearly twenty years, and the last time you were, you just admitted you crashed!
JUST start over, like you dont know nothing, and do some training!
You'll probably learn a heck of a lot, and even if you dont, you wont have any arguments with discrguntled coppas or insurance companies over the loop-holes or anything, and it WILL get you on the right track to progress if you want to. ____________________ My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Computageek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Computageek Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 15 Jun 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:49 - 25 Jun 2010 Post subject: Re: Old Guy, New Biker |
 |
|
Ah, I crashed in 1991, but was riding since 1988. Seems I may have been riding a year too long anyway......oooops.!
CBT, here I come I guess. @RSE! £100 to learn nothing
Maybe Direct Access will lessen the pain. As I'm rather lots over 21, I'll not be restricted to 34hp if I understand this correctly from my Son. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gfiandy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gfiandy Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 01 Feb 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|