|
|
| Author |
Message |
| ScramUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScramUK Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:23 - 27 Jun 2010 Post subject: An "Oh shit" moment |
 |
|
Hey guys. Just thought i'd tell you about my little episode today and maybe you guys could tell me whats happening with my bike.
When I was riding home today, I am riding down the road I always ride down, nice long twisty S-bends. Sublime.
Today however, no so good. I tear into the corners at my usual speed, hung off and accelerating through, I take the left bend fine, then when i turn right, I do the same... shifting my body over to the right before leaning the bike in that direction.
Problem is, as I hit the apex it felt like the front end just wanted to drop. And this was at 80 + mph (i dont really know what speed I was doing), and with the bike nicely leant over. The front end started weaving, while I was still at lean. I needed to complete the turn before straightening up so I just continued making the turn, trying to keep control of the bars as they go left,right,left,right,left,right (not tank slapping). When I straighten up all is good again.The road was incredibly smooth, so I can rule out pot holes and bumps.
I have on occasions noticed that when I turn right on my motorcycle it seems to want to drop down. I don't know whats up with that. Turning left is fine, and silky smooth however. The tyres i'm using are fairly old and i'm sure it's them to blame, but I just wanted to make sure that it's not something else at fault.
Thoughts?
Could I have gone off the edge of the tyre? ____________________ Currently riding :
1997 Honda CBR600F3
Last edited by ScramUK on 00:28 - 27 Jun 2010; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moo. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moo. World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScramUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScramUK Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| theopj |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 theopj Scooby Slapper

Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScramUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScramUK Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:26 - 27 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sure. Not entirely sure what can be seen here. One thing that's noticable is that there is a line going around the circumferance of my tyre. Dunno what's causing that, its on the rear aswell.
https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/Macca1088/tyre.jpg ____________________ Currently riding :
1997 Honda CBR600F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dipsy2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dipsy2 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 05 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScramUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScramUK Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:26 - 27 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:37 - 27 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|