|
|
| Author |
Message |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stonesie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stonesie World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:45 - 13 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
So it really only used 6.3 litres? That's fantastic
It puts my cars 25MPG in its place (and the CG's 77)  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LeeR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LeeR World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 14 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's excellent mpg, I had a Suzuki RV125 (Van Van) and only managed 115mpg but I did rag it a fair bit, well I had to really especially on the hills. ____________________ My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| . |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 . Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stonesie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stonesie World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:05 - 14 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
In its defence, it had a fuel leak, the wrong main jet (108 when it should be a 95) and a gay little cone filter that sounded like a blowing exhaust .
All issues fixed now (standard air box/filter, 95 main jet and leak plugged) and topped her up today, might be some time before I get a figure for this tank though
EDIT ..... 96mpg, wonder if a re-bore to stop it burning oil will nudge it over 100?
Hang on a mo...
5.15litres filled my tank to the brim, my trip said 204.3 miles
5.15/4.546=1.133 UK gallon's
204.3/1.133=180.3
Just wait 'till she's run in and you start wringing its neck 
Last edited by stonesie on 21:36 - 19 Aug 2010; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:55 - 14 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
39mpg average on my zzr. I think I need a 125cc for work and back. Or even better one of those 100cc strokers the mr cows is always on about! ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:04 - 15 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| stonesie wrote: |
Just wait 'till she's run in and you start wringing its neck  |
Hi Stonesie,
Yep, I know what you mean but most of my riding involves 30 and 40mph zones only, if I find myself on single/dual carriageway then I cruise at 50mph(not yet though cos I'm running in). When riding I am constantly checking my mirrors for cars, when they happen to arrive up my arse I pull in and let them pass, some car drivers even thank me!
I'm so taken aback with my Suzuki GN125H that if and when I finally pass my test I will probably keep my GN as I find it adiquate for me.
I just wanna point out something regarding torque, when approaching a particular hill where I live my previously owned Derbi cross city(stolen), would struggle in 4th gear, however with my GN125 I pull the throttle back 1/2 way and cruise up that same hill in 5th gear with no slacking, good,eh?
I'm slowly finding out the Suzuki GN125H is one heck of a sound bike. current reviews just dont do it justice.
Cheers
Olanzapine ____________________ Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:28 - 15 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's absolutely fantastic. And I know 77 from a CG is horrible romeohotel, but I achieved the same once going a pure 70MPH
I hit 80MPH on my CG yesterday. It was the largest hill I've ever been on and my engine was running absolutely perfectly - the poor thing. I dread to think of what THAT does to my fuel efficiency.
The only time I've ever hit 120MPG or over was when sticking to 40MPH without having to brake or accelerate for many, many miles - hours in fact.
I head that the new CBF125 is pretty damn good with economy as well with it's new-fangled EFI. I might have to give up the CG some day after all! ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andrea38 |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 andrea38 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:37 - 16 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello guys!
That isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Being mechanically more simple means easier to maintain and repair through out the decades to come. ____________________ make money online |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:48 - 16 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Whoa, I think you're right. There's an echo in here  ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kesha32 |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Kesha32 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 17 Aug 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 05:03 - 17 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello guys!
I am new in this forum,by the way i am kezha!
And i want to join here..
I hope you will accept me here...
Thanks a lot.......... ____________________ make money online |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tsmith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tsmith Traffic Copper
Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dextersaurus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dextersaurus World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 18 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's bloody good
Once you start wringing it's neck though, you'll get a lot less
Mind you, my CG was at full throttle EVERYWHERE and i still managed about 100-120mpg
Dunc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JH |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JH Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 28 Jul 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:51 - 18 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm doing a commute of around 22 miles each way per day on my 2000 registered CG125.
I chucked in 5 litres of fuel on Sunday after headed to my work for a dry run through the route. This morning, I chucked in another 5 litres before heading to work.
By my reckoning, that's around 110 miles on 5 litres of fuel, so very roughly about 100 mpg.
OK, it's nowhere near an accurate reflection yet, but I'm feeling pretty happy with that figure for now  ____________________ Honda CG125-W
CBT: 7 Aug 2010 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:12 - 18 Aug 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| JH wrote: |
By my reckoning, that's around 110 miles on 5 litres of fuel, so very roughly about 100 mpg.
OK, it's nowhere near an accurate reflection yet, but I'm feeling pretty happy with that figure for now  |
Hi JH,
100mpg! thats quite good but should be normal for any 4 stroke 125, with my Suzuki GN125H, I clocked up 180mile/gallon no kidding(keeping rpm below 5500) but as others have pointed out when my bikes finally run in and I start pulling that throttle back a bit more then my mpg will drop for sure and by how much, I don't know yet?
Prior to owning my GN125H, I had a Derbi cross city 125 but was stolen, this bike could only do a miserable 60mpg, but others that have the cross city claim 80mpg, it varies significantly from bike to bike but I think the Suzuki GN125H is a real winner.
Cheers
Olanzapine ____________________ Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:15 - 15 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi All,
I've nearly clocked up 1000 miles on GN125H and to be honest I've noticed that the trip meter is perhaps reading high, by how much?, well I think about 1/3 too high. Originally, I claimed 180mi/gallon which does seem a little bit too good?
When I use my AA route finder for a particular route(mates house), the total distance given is 13 miles, my trip meter reads 20 miles for same distance. So, if you multiply 180*0.6666... you get 120miles/gallon, which seems abit more realistic.
What do you think?
Cheers
Olanzapine ____________________ Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nexus Icon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nexus Icon World Chat Champion
Joined: 26 Aug 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Derivative |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Derivative World Chat Champion
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Glenben92 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Glenben92 Nearly there...

Joined: 01 Jul 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:47 - 15 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I get around 140 mpg around town from my Chinese Honda CM125 copy. (It has a CG clone engine in but with twin exhausts so I get a little extra power) ____________________ 57 Huoniao HN125-8 - , 97 Kawasaki GPZ500S -
99 Yamaha FZS 600 -
Mod 2 Passed - 01/10/2010 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olanzapine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olanzapine Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 28 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|