Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


***SUZUKI GN125H MPG Specs.***

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 13 Aug 2010    Post subject: ***SUZUKI GN125H MPG Specs.*** Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I've had my new Suzuki GN125H now for around 10 days and have clocked up nearly 250 miles. A day or so after I got it, filled the tank up and set the trip to zero and then rode around on it till today when I went back to the petrol station and topped up the tank to the brim, then did the crucial calculation and my MPG equates to 180miles/gallon.

Now you might not believe me but I assure you it's true, the only cheating I've done is kept the revs below 5500rpm=40mph because I'm still running in.

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 13 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it really only used 6.3 litres? That's fantastic Mr. Green


It puts my cars 25MPG in its place (and the CG's 77) Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:51 - 14 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's excellent mpg, I had a Suzuki RV125 (Van Van) and only managed 115mpg but I did rag it a fair bit, well I had to really especially on the hills.
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 14 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
So it really only used 6.3 litres? That's fantastic Mr. Green


Hi Stonesie,

According to the petrol stations litre readout, 5.15litres filled my tank to the brim, my trip said 204.3 miles.

What does the Honda CG125 do, or are there any other bikes that come close to GN125H MPG?

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 14 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally you should obtain consumption readings over 1,000 miles, or better still 5,000 miles to get a good average, just one tankful isn't always an accurate assessment.

One of my recent fill-ups returned over 148mpg, but my overall average to date is only 133mpg , however I was getting over 155mpg whilst running in, so in comparison 180 is an excellent figure.


stonesie wrote:
It puts my cars 25MPG in its place (and the CG's 77) Embarassed

77mpg from a CG is outrageous, I get over 60mpg from my Triumph twin which has around seven times the cubic capacity of your 125.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 14 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

In its defence, it had a fuel leak, the wrong main jet (108 when it should be a 95) and a gay little cone filter that sounded like a blowing exhaust Shocked.

All issues fixed now (standard air box/filter, 95 main jet and leak plugged) and topped her up today, might be some time before I get a figure for this tank though Very Happy

EDIT ..... 96mpg, wonder if a re-bore to stop it burning oil will nudge it over 100?

Hang on a mo...



5.15litres filled my tank to the brim, my trip said 204.3 miles

5.15/4.546=1.133 UK gallon's
204.3/1.133=180.3 Clapping

Just wait 'till she's run in and you start wringing its neck Laughing


Last edited by stonesie on 21:36 - 19 Aug 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 14 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad 39mpg average on my zzr. I think I need a 125cc for work and back. Or even better one of those 100cc strokers the mr cows is always on about!
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 15 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:

Just wait 'till she's run in and you start wringing its neck Laughing


Hi Stonesie,

Yep, I know what you mean but most of my riding involves 30 and 40mph zones only, if I find myself on single/dual carriageway then I cruise at 50mph(not yet though cos I'm running in). When riding I am constantly checking my mirrors for cars, when they happen to arrive up my arse I pull in and let them pass, some car drivers even thank me!

I'm so taken aback with my Suzuki GN125H that if and when I finally pass my test I will probably keep my GN as I find it adiquate for me. Smile
I just wanna point out something regarding torque, when approaching a particular hill where I live my previously owned Derbi cross city(stolen), would struggle in 4th gear, however with my GN125 I pull the throttle back 1/2 way and cruise up that same hill in 5th gear with no slacking, good,eh? Very Happy

I'm slowly finding out the Suzuki GN125H is one heck of a sound bike. Thumbs Up current reviews just dont do it justice.

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 15 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's absolutely fantastic. And I know 77 from a CG is horrible romeohotel, but I achieved the same once going a pure 70MPH Confused

I hit 80MPH on my CG yesterday. It was the largest hill I've ever been on and my engine was running absolutely perfectly - the poor thing. I dread to think of what THAT does to my fuel efficiency.

The only time I've ever hit 120MPG or over was when sticking to 40MPH without having to brake or accelerate for many, many miles - hours in fact.

I head that the new CBF125 is pretty damn good with economy as well with it's new-fangled EFI. I might have to give up the CG some day after all!
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 15 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
I might have to give up the CG some day after all!


Hi Alexio,

Actually I did my cbt on a cg 125, theres two things wrong with it, firstly it is a push rod engine and secondly, if you wanted to buy a new one you could'nt because non are available(at least I think so)

Anybody know where to buy a new Honda CG125? Brazil perhaps?

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 15 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

olanzapine wrote:
Alexio wrote:
I might have to give up the CG some day after all!


Hi Alexio,

Actually I did my cbt on a cg 125, theres two things wrong with it, firstly it is a push rod engine and secondly, if you wanted to buy a new one you could'nt because non are available(at least I think so)

Anybody know where to buy a new Honda CG125? Brazil perhaps?

Cheers
Olanzapine


Firstly, that isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Being mechanically more simple means easier to maintain and repair through out the decades to come. I believe one of the reasons they are so reliable is because of how simple they are. Secondly, there are still thousands and thousands of virtually new CG's around. They only stopped making them new last year so there are many around with just a couple of hundred miles on them at the most.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
andrea38 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:22 - 16 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrea38 wrote:
Hello guys!


That isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Being mechanically more simple means easier to maintain and repair through out the decades to come.


Confused Is this the new sneaky way of spamming?

(referring to the sig for those who haven't noticed)
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:48 - 16 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, I think you're right. There's an echo in here Confused
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:01 - 16 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

Firstly, that isn't necessarily a disadvantage. Being mechanically more simple means easier to maintain and repair through out the decades to come..


Hi Alexio,

I always believed over head cam to be simpler and quicker than over head valve push rod, OHV has more moving parts between the crank shaft and the valves in question. However, I must agree OHV is easier to maintain than OHC, i.e., setting valve clearances.

I prefer OHC to OHV any day.

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Kesha32 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

tsmith
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:50 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.suzukicycles.org/high_milage_suzuki.shtml

looks like the GN125s are a good base to build a super mpg bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bloody good Thumbs Up

Once you start wringing it's neck though, you'll get a lot less Laughing

Mind you, my CG was at full throttle EVERYWHERE and i still managed about 100-120mpg Thumbs Up

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JH
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a commute of around 22 miles each way per day on my 2000 registered CG125.

I chucked in 5 litres of fuel on Sunday after headed to my work for a dry run through the route. This morning, I chucked in another 5 litres before heading to work.

By my reckoning, that's around 110 miles on 5 litres of fuel, so very roughly about 100 mpg.

OK, it's nowhere near an accurate reflection yet, but I'm feeling pretty happy with that figure for now Wink
____________________
Honda CG125-W
CBT: 7 Aug 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

JH wrote:

By my reckoning, that's around 110 miles on 5 litres of fuel, so very roughly about 100 mpg.

OK, it's nowhere near an accurate reflection yet, but I'm feeling pretty happy with that figure for now Wink


Hi JH,

100mpg! thats quite good but should be normal for any 4 stroke 125, with my Suzuki GN125H, I clocked up 180mile/gallon no kidding(keeping rpm below 5500) but as others have pointed out when my bikes finally run in and I start pulling that throttle back a bit more then my mpg will drop for sure and by how much, I don't know yet?

Prior to owning my GN125H, I had a Derbi cross city 125 but was stolen, this bike could only do a miserable 60mpg, but others that have the cross city claim 80mpg, it varies significantly from bike to bike but I think the Suzuki GN125H is a real winner.

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 15 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've nearly clocked up 1000 miles on GN125H and to be honest I've noticed that the trip meter is perhaps reading high, by how much?, well I think about 1/3 too high. Originally, I claimed 180mi/gallon which does seem a little bit too good?

When I use my AA route finder for a particular route(mates house), the total distance given is 13 miles, my trip meter reads 20 miles for same distance. So, if you multiply 180*0.6666... you get 120miles/gallon, which seems abit more realistic.

What do you think?

Cheers
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 15 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean the speedo is 30% out too? I have no idea whether the odometer/speedometer is mechanically driven or an electronic jobbie on the GN125.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 15 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 miles is ~20km, so I'd assume there was a dodgy km/h conversion at some point.

Is it just the trip meter, or odometer as well? Do they move at different rates?

120mpg sounds reasonable. I did think 180 was a load of bollocks but didn't want to pipe up. I get around 90-110 on the CG depending on if i rag it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Glenben92
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 15 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get around 140 mpg around town from my Chinese Honda CM125 copy. (It has a CG clone engine in but with twin exhausts so I get a little extra power)
____________________
57 Huoniao HN125-8 - Smile, 97 Kawasaki GPZ500S - Very Happy
99 Yamaha FZS 600 - Wink
Mod 2 Passed - 01/10/2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

olanzapine
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 16 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgEy wrote:
13 miles is ~20km, so I'd assume there was a dodgy km/h conversion at some point.

Is it just the trip meter, or odometer as well? Do they move at different rates?

120mpg sounds reasonable.


Yep, all your concerns have occurred to me aswell, I've not checked but I will be doing the next time fill her up.
Points taken, I will check and get back.

Cheers all and thanks for the interest
Olanzapine
____________________
Bikes previously owned:TS50ER(1982), DT175MX(1983), XT250TL(1984/5)
Had foreign full license but let it expire.
Current bike is Derbi Cross City 125cc Learner
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.62 Kb