Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Significant others....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Significant others.... Reply with quote

Or lack thereof...

Just so I stop being alone in my moping about singledom, post what annoys you most about your other half/singledom.
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is still breathing.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy being single most of the time. Women make too much fuss about things like getting injured on bikes. The way I ride means that crashing is an inevitability and if I was in a relationship they would try to stop me doing what I love.
saying that I love female company, it is just that I do not want to live with one.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Re: Significant others.... Reply with quote

The999Kid wrote:
Or lack thereof...

Just so I stop being alone in my moping about singledom, post what annoys you most about your other half
I've got her to be quiet when I'm watching telly, but she's still annoying cos of the smell coming up through the floorboards and all these bloody flies.
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
I enjoy being single most of the time. Women make too much fuss about things like getting injured on bikes. The way I ride means that crashing is an inevitability and if I was in a relationship they would try to stop me doing what I love.
saying that I love female company, it is just that I do not want to live with one.


Mr. Green For me it's very similar. Most blokes really don't like their significant other spending all day falling off the offroad bike getting muddy and dirty and breaking her nails! Plus what's much worse is they inevitably moan about the dog and cats - hair everywhere, smelly, dirty, attention seeking! Rolling Eyes

Everyone I've met gives me all the I like the way you are until you agree to go out with them and then systematically tries to change me! Rolling Eyes Being single means I can be selfish and if I'm honest I'm very, very good at that, so it suits me just fine! Embarassed
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had one (proper one) for 5.5 years. I'm used to it now, it's the norm, I like my space Smile

Get envious/lonely at times, but the way I see it is that I can look forward to meeting someone worthwhile Smile


I've got a mate (male) he just hops from one to another relationship. He is my age (33yrs) and has never had a moment alone since he was a teen. If he is in a problem relationship he has affairs and only moves on when he meets a new girl to start a new relationship up with. I wont criticise, but I think it's good to spend time on your own.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ask something and she says "...I told you...". No you didn't.

E.g. I ask where something is.

"It's in the drawer, I told you that before".

Did you fuck!

"Yes I did, you just don't listen to me".

AARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH FFS!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing worse than being single, is being in a bad relationship.

I miss the company, quiet companionship aswell as sex and affection.

I don't miss having to deal with someone else wanting different things and maybe trying to pressure me into doing what they want.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
Ariel Badger wrote:
I enjoy being single most of the time. Women make too much fuss about things like getting injured on bikes. The way I ride means that crashing is an inevitability and if I was in a relationship they would try to stop me doing what I love.
saying that I love female company, it is just that I do not want to live with one.


Mr. Green For me it's very similar. Most blokes really don't like their significant other spending all day falling off the offroad bike getting muddy and dirty and breaking her nails! Plus what's much worse is they inevitably moan about the dog and cats - hair everywhere, smelly, dirty, attention seeking! Rolling Eyes

Everyone I've met gives me all the I like the way you are until you agree to go out with them and then systematically tries to change me! Rolling Eyes Being single means I can be selfish and if I'm honest I'm very, very good at that, so it suits me just fine! Embarassed


Is that you or the pets? Smile

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT. Mr. Green

Fell on my feet with this 1.
Only downside is she doesn't enjoy riding bikes....really happy to go pillion tho Sad

Funny thing is, i was enjoying my singledom at the time....Yer just never know what's around the corner.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Silky is a good find ... I am definitely batting well above my average (or whatever they say) .... and of course she puts up with me which, as I am sure you can imagine, is quite a trial.

However, the following really fu*ks me off.

1) She has never said 'sorry'. Not in the 15 yrs I have known her.
If she is forced to apologise, then she does it like some stroppy 8yr old child (which is not a proper 'sorry' in my book).
This angers me.

2) She sucks her thumb all the time ... and when she speaks she doesnt take it out and simply does a 'wet mumble'.
I am then expected to have understood her instruction.
This simply annoys me.

3) If she needs to reply with a 'yes' or a 'no' ... she does not use her vocal chords ... instead relying on nodding or shaking of the head.
Again, I am meant to be able to detect this when I ask her a question and she is not in direct line of sight.
This I find rude.

basically, she is a shi*t communicator.
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

......A few things have sprung to mind Thinking wanker Middle Finger
She likes to recycle and creates little piles of cardboard/paper everywhere, without ever putting the bloody things out for the wagon.

She likes sweets (anything that comes in a packet) she doesn't like putting her wrappers in the bin tho.

The washing machine should have 2 doors. 1 for clothes in and t'other for taking them out. That way it can run for 24hrs without bloody stopping.

She also uses the washing machine for her horse rugs. WTF wanker !

I get back by washing my *cycle parts in the dishwasher Middle Finger

She has more boots/shoes than i have CDs. And i have a comprehensive collection.....That i keep in a cupboard...NOT all around the bloody house.

[deep breath]
I'm stopping now or i'll end up booting her out.


Pat
*Rearsets came up lovely Thumbs Up
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:03 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a bit down about being single every now and then, but i have a solution. I go and see my mate paul. His girlfriend is the most demanding high maintanence bitch you will ever meet. He loves her to bits but she is slowly destroying his life. He now has a flat the costs him a fortune just because she wanted one with a balcony, and a garden, near the shops etc etc. He works his ass off all day to pay for it while she sits at home. She was planning to go back to uni but 'oh well, maybe next year'. Every minute of his life sounds like this:

"Paul! i want a sandwich!
Jesus, close the fucking window!
Where's my SANDWICH?!
I NEED A FUCKING DRINK!
FUCKS SAKE PAUL.
PAUL. WANT A CHOCOLATE BAR."

She spends all day watching the worst shit ever on TV, usually big brother and MTV bass and MUST sing along to every irritating song as loud as she possibly can. She goes out about 5 nights a week and gets massively pissed, violent and abusive. Obviously he then has to nurse her the next day.

The only problem with using her to make me feel better off single, is that it's slowly making me hate all women as eventually i see flashes of her in most of them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
I get a bit down about being single every now and then, but i have a solution. I go and see my mate paul. His girlfriend is the most demanding high maintanence bitch you will ever meet.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r7KrDHo0wE
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was ever a candidate for an unpleasantly surprising tits/garry interface, I think its your mate Paul's girlfriend.

What a fuckin bitch.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:

She spends all day watching the worst shit ever on TV, usually big brother and MTV bass and MUST sing along to every irritating song as loud as she possibly can. She goes out about 5 nights a week and gets massively pissed, violent and abusive. Obviously he then has to nurse her the next day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHkuHy39eA&ob=av3e
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:33 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

supZ wrote:


Thank fuck, you're here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we get started, I am at least four times as difficult to live with as anything I could possibly come up with about her, though I will not give her the satisfaction of telling her so to her face, though she knows of course.

Anyone who can put up with me, my depression, insomnia, porn addiction, cynicism and general distrust of the human race, is lining up for karma or medals in the next life.

1) She is incapable of keeping a vehicle clean.

2) Tends to forget to change out the empty loo roll, and when she does it is the wrong way round.

3) Washes up but doesn't put away.

4) Anywhere there is a space, will shortly be filled with crap that "will be sorted next week" but never is.

5) Likes to converse at times that I really cannot cope with i.e. middle of the night, or very early AM coming off shift.

6) Cannot be still, must be doing. Whereas I will happily sleep for eternity she is one of those "life is too short" types, so cannot ever be satisfied with how much there is to do with such little time.

7) Rarely accepts my advice (Mechanical or otherwise) about anything until after the fact or until she has sought other opinions. I am often worth listening to, though not always, so I can hardly blame her.

She isn't perfect, but is a long way ahead of me, and I haven't met many that I have as much respect for as her. She is more than a match for me at the best of times.

She does well to tolerate my superiority complex that I tend to give off to those I am too comfortable with. Though I strongly suspect she know exactly how to deal with me. A stubborn soul.

She has a nice bottom as well, on the rare occasions we are deemed lucky enough to see it.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:50 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate not having someone here when I am upset (increasingly more often, I'm *extremely* insecure and emo lately).

If I am being weepy and pathetically female, I miss having a fulltime live-in bloke who will pat me on the back and tell me it will all be okay, even if he has NO IDEA what to do to help me solve my dilemmas.

But I do like being able to walk around the house in just a t-shirt with no pants on.

The Beefcake is lovely.
I'm sure there are plenty of things I will be able to have a moan about (he reassures me that there are)

But he's not quite in a position to make an honest woman of me at present. Which is probably the most irritating thing about him. Apart from that, the sun shines out of his extremely gropable arse.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:05 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:


She isn't perfect


I refuse to believe there are 7 faults with Ann!

Ann, I think you're perfect! Wub
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:10 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have her if you want.

There are a lot more than 7, but if she made a list about me we would probably need to upgrade server hosting. Confused Wink
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:15 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written on her FB wall. That'll frighten her. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:45 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm single, picky and difficult, I like my own space and freedom too much still. I'm not someone who has to flit from meaningless relationship to relationship and would much rather spend time alone between worthwhile ones. Done the whole sitting in relationship going nowhere or riddled with issues and addressed it, although it took me a while, won't make the same mistake again. Still every relationship is going to have a bloody long list of grievances and so I'll probably remain forever single, or i'll get to that elusive point where I can see past them Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:10 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

4) She is very bad at waking up.
Weekends we are lucky to see her before 9am .... and then she takes a good hour before words come out and she stops scowling.

Myself - I ride at 5.30 or 6am latest ... and once I am awake, I am awake (could ride a bike quite safely within 30 seconds of waking up) ... and of course I rise in a pleasant and chatty mood.
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Tonka wrote:
Plus what's much worse is they inevitably moan about the dog and cats - hair everywhere, smelly, dirty, attention seeking! Rolling Eyes


Is that you or the pets? Smile

Mark


Rolling Eyes I'm a bit OCD with keeping things in their place and tidy the way I like them and I have no personal hygeine issues that I've ever been told about, so no, it's definitely not me Shocked

...............unless it was like yesterday when I fell off my bike in a big puddle and then again in some mud, so came home very muddy, wet, aching all over and very much in need of a hug and some TLC! Embarassed
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.21 Kb