Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Facebook settings

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Facebook settings Reply with quote

Just a quick one, regarding facebook.

Got a look at a friend (Wink) of mines facebook newsfeed, and instantly saw myself chatting up another girl (on HER status) and generally lots of info about me.

Now, the options are;

My privacy settings are low - Not likely, everything is set pretty high
The girl I was chatting up has low privacy settings so it displayed me talking to her. Especially as said girl 'mate' only has 32 friends.
The 'mate' has set up her newsfeed to grab information about me.

As far as I know, all three are possible. Which is more likely. I would actually sell a kidney to fuck said 'mate', so curious to know what the lay is.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pickledswede
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook chat FTW?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so totally pointless you disturb me.

She sits 1m behind me at work, but is a shy retiring Chinese girl.

Hot as jeebus though.

Just curious if anyone KNOWS why someones newsfeed would be picking up a friends comments on someones wall they are NOT friends with...

My privacy
Their privacy
Her stalking.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pickledswede
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we realise why I made such a pointless contribution, I have nothing relevant to offer Wink

Although if the 'mate' isn't friends with this girl but sees you posting on her wall I guess that indicates that either she has set facebook (purposefully or not) to show more of you, or that because she has so few friends it just fills up with random crap from the most active ones?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickledswede wrote:


Although if the 'mate' isn't friends with this girl but sees you posting on her wall I guess that indicates that either she has set facebook (purposefully or not) to show more of you, or that because she has so few friends it just fills up with random crap from the most active ones?


Yep, check OP. I'm just curious which one. My privacy settings are pretty high, as are the girls I was flirting with... But hot chinese bird has THIRTY-TWO friends... most of which aren't that active (don't forget china blocks facebook).
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pickledswede
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well both are possible so I guess you'd have to ask Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously confused. Maybe I should actually read this entire thread...or maybe not...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threesome.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 23 Aug 2010    Post subject: Re: Facebook settings Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
J
The 'mate' has set up her newsfeed to grab information about me.


Are you sure about this ? It sounds a bit unlikely.

Moral of the story is treat anything you put on facebook as in the public domain. If you have anything private to say, send a message. People can always tell each other what you tell them anyway, so no secrets.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF you fail me. Not one of you actually KNOWS the craic?

Girl A has me as a friend.

I add comments to Girl B's status/note thing, and Girl B + Girl A are not friends.

Girl A gets this occurrence on her newsfeed....

I personally never get anything like that on mine, asides from if two friends of mine are talking and it's a slow day.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:36 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is I want to see pics of both girls or GTFO.

Is the chinese one the same as you already sent me pictures for (use that sentence in your class if you like, 'hideously malformed grammar' or something)?
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:08 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xiyue... (the chinese one) in her new picture... Balls are crunching sir.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/44631_486008114917_683694917_6844173_2202237_n.jpg

Kwan's not so hot, but quite pleasant. And she speaks English pretty well. Meh, I in Thailand, I gets whatever slight vestige of class/english I can find.

(... and black eyes rock)

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs018.snc4/34260_1408208658585_1633502615_980997_4644385_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs452.ash1/24890_1327684645535_1633502615_795905_4429500_n.jpg
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:18 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubba hubba! Thumbs Up
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:10 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Hubba hubba! Thumbs Up


Indeed.

She doesn't quite seem to agree, so is sticking to her crap overly made up profile picture which makes her look like a character from final fantasy.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

neil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:19 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs452.ash1/24890_1327684645535_1633502615_795905_4429500_n.jpg


Is that male ejaculate over her face?
____________________
CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does happen. I've had it come up on my news feed where a friend has commented on some random persons picture/status etc.

I'm not sure how to stop it, although it does only seem to happen with certain friends. I.e. Friends I speak to on there fairly regularly.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had this happen.... My gf replying to someones status who Im not friends with.
What are there privacy settings. . . .
I know that friends of friends can see everything I post on claires wall, even tho im not mates with them.
However if I put friends only, no one can see it except my friends.
Its confusing and took me a while - total privacy is is the best option Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Account > Privacy Settings > Custom and then make sure that stuff is checked next to the friends only part. That way only someone you are friends with can view what you post or comment on anything you do.

You shouldn't show up in someone elses feed unless you have friends of friends or everyone selected. Or just keep your flirting to message form Thumbs Up
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

2E
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:17 - 24 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That chinese bird looks about 12... Shocked
____________________
Bringing Classic Bikes Back Into Fashion
Rides: 1980 Honda CX500
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll often get a friend talking to someone I don't know on mine.
I can see the whole conversation if I want, but not reply.
I have pretty much every single application blocked, so it's a case pics and comments/wall posts.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I /think/ There's a box you can tick/untick that says "let others see my comments on my friends wall/whatever" or such like. I remember being confused by it until I made sense of it eventually Laughing

Edit:

Just checked mine and "friends of friends" can see my posts, photos and status... Neutral

"Things others share: Can see Wall posts by friends"...
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:17 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too confusing,

However, those pictures do nothing for me Thumbs Up
____________________
07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 30 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:


Duckface fail.

Thumbs Down

Bonny wrote:


The facial expression on that one makes her look like she's either a) caught a whiff of an especially stinky fart, or b) is constipated and trying to force out a turd....or possibly c) she has let one go and now thinks she may have followed through and there's a log jam in her knickers.
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.95 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 124.34 Kb