|
|
| Author |
Message |
| BelleBot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BelleBot Nova Slayer

Joined: 03 Sep 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:07 - 02 Sep 2010 Post subject: Next step up from a 400? |
 |
|
I crashed my CB-1 last week, having only just been able to check it out yesterday (I've been in and out of hospital until now) I've realised it's unlikely she'll ever get back on the road.
The costs of parts to repair the damage will exceed what I paid for the bike in the first place, and that's not including garage bills and repairing the cosmetic damage. So I'll probably break the bike and see what I can get.
So now I'm looking at replacement bikes, not quite sure what to go for. It'll mainly be used at weekends, occasional commuting and holidays, so I want something that won't leave me aching after 100 miles. I'm tempted to go for a faired bike this time, but I also want something light, preferably under 200kg as I'm only little, but seat height isn't too much of an issue, I can flat foot most bikes.
So far I'm considering an SV650, CBR600FS, Daytona 600, Hornet 600.
Any other suggestions?
Also will something like a Daytona be too big a jump from a 400? Around 50bhp to over 100bhp. Or should I stop being wussy in my thinking and get whatever the hell I like and hope I don't kill myself. ____________________ Current Bike: 2004 SV650S
Old Bike: 1989 Honda CB-1 - crashed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| truslack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 truslack World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Apr 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:11 - 02 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you fancy a hand with the 400, I'm local and decent mates with a few local mechanics - can do most of the labour between us for nought - just parts.
I guess you're the same person I saw on twitter?
Gimme a pm if you're interested. ____________________ Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:28 - 02 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
How did you crash? ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BelleBot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BelleBot Nova Slayer

Joined: 03 Sep 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:35 - 02 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers for the offer Truslack, unfortunately the problem is the parts. Finding replacement clocks will be a nightmare, they seem to be like gold dust, and from what I've read on the CB-1 forums not many people have has success fitting clocks from other bikes. I have seen some which look the same on ebay, but I'm disinclined to spend over £100 on clocks from Hong Kong when there's no guarantee they'll fit. The rest of it is far more doable, but I don't think it's worth the money at the end of the day. I only paid £400 for it, and I've spent the same again on it getting it road worthy.
Plus the suspension needs replacing, that was going to be done this winter but it's all just going to end up miles too expensive.
Ah well, it's currently still sitting in the garage if you fancy having another gander at it as I know you've already seen it a few times despite never having met me. ____________________ Current Bike: 2004 SV650S
Old Bike: 1989 Honda CB-1 - crashed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stonesie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stonesie World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BelleBot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BelleBot Nova Slayer

Joined: 03 Sep 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:25 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is that Annelise Hesme in your avatar? I adore that woman, I wanted to marry her when I saw those Renault Clio Adverts, especially when she wrinkled her nose after the bloke says 'Ssshakespeare.  ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| binge |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:22 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went from an NC29 to a TLR1000.
A bike only goes as fast as you want it to.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BelleBot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BelleBot Nova Slayer

Joined: 03 Sep 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bacon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bacon World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:33 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
a 600 wont be an issue, go for it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blackwolf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blackwolf Burgerfist

Joined: 19 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:35 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Least your ok(ish)
Can I suggest: CBR6F/Y?
Comfy, still relativley cheap to buy. Plenty of parts. Its just a very forgiving bike.
Capable, I've done 2 up kitted out too and it was fine. Crash well  ____________________ Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Devans |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Devans Spanner Monkey

Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:38 - 03 Sep 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
SV650 or CBR600 for sure, don't worry about the extra BHP it'll only be faster top end really, and you can compensate by not twisting the throttle so much  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gmanxiii |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gmanxiii World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Oz. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Oz. Spanner Monkey

Joined: 21 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|