Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Where would you like to visit in the World - and why ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Where would you like to visit in the World - and why ? Reply with quote

Being an avid traveller - althought not as much as I would like; I was just wondering where in the world you would all like to visit - and your reason for this ?

Perhaps you have already visited the place before.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea for its sheer weirdness.
Mongolia for its remoteness
Pakistan and India as I have so many friends from that region.
Hong Kong, I like Chinese chicks.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland when it is sunny. I hear it happens once every 3 decades when the Aberdeenshire witches invade Glasgow and assault the hedges of the south of the town with branches of willow trees and dance naked into the night. So I heard....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan, they drive on the correct side.
And Thailand, Indonesia, Bhutan, Nepal, East Timor.

Not forgetting Australia, Barbados, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, South Africa and Trinidad & Tobago with Guernsey, Jersey, Malta, Samoa. Off then to South America, Guyana and Suriname and Cyprus to finish.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snodvan
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos -

Been there before but years (20) ago and I would love to see the changes (and the girls are wonderful)

Snod
____________________
04 (UK Reg) BMW F650cs, but really 02 first Reg in Holland
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were the break the rules a little...the Moon.

If not, either one of the poles, or maybe the Amazon, I'd love to go underwater cave diving....even though I've never dived...or done any substantial caving!
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

China... Specifically Shanghai and Beijing. I went there on a school trip for 8 days when I was 15. I was young, spent a lot of time trying it on with chinese girls (I can speak basic Mandarin... or used to!) and not enough time appreciating the fact we went to various sites of great significance (The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Summer Palace in Beijing etc).

Japan Hot, cute girls...Amazing food. Amazing culture and the inner geek in me is also the main reason I want to go.

Australia and Africa I want to do both tip to tip (furthest distance applies). It's an experience I want to go through, I'd love to do it solo, but would probably do it with 2-3 other people incase shit does indeed hit the fan.

around europe on this bad boy... https://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/bsa-c15-trials.jpg
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little C15, is she yours?
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 01 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done most of the places I wanted to, but there are still a few more on the list. Off the top of my head...

Chuuk Lagoon (formerly Truk Lagoon), for the epic diving. There are one or two wrecks there.

Cocos Islands, off Costa Rica, for more awesome diving with bucket loads of Hammerheads. Almost went a couple of years ago, but I got engaged instead Eh?

South Africa, to tour the country and (you guessed it) dive with Great Whites. It also this piece of win, which needs doing (that's the highest bungee jump in the world, at 216m).

Arctic Circle. Not fussy where as such, probably Norway. Went to Iceland last year and loved it, so would like to go further north.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to go to a number of the national parks in the USA - there is so much to see there. A good year of touring would do it I think. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:58 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand, the advert on tv makes it look cool.

Thumbs Up
____________________
07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freaky_1
Nova Slayer



Joined: 12 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:15 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand here as well.

Some friends there I'd like to meet, plus just want to see NZ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:34 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
New Zealand, the advert on tv makes it look cool.

Thumbs Up


because it is cool Very Happy
not that im biased Very Happy

id love to go to antartica...
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:23 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years back I'd have said Miami, but I've been there now and it is very like you see in Miami Vice. Which is cool.

I'd like to go to the Hawaiian island of Oahu and drive a red Ferrari 308 GTS too...
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:55 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maldives before they sink!

I am enjoying being in New Zealand at the moment though. Lots to discover here.. am hoping to get to the South Pacific islands soon, Fiji, Tonga etc etc. Also while I'm here I'd like to hop over to Oz for a while to have a look around.
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it would have to be Halong Bay in Vietnam. I saw the place once on a documentary and they said that eventualy the waters will rise and the place will dissapear so I want to visit before it does.

The place is just stunning.

https://www.asianatravel.com.vn/files/images/halong_bay_01.jpg

https://www.onlinetravelvietnam.com/images/uploads/Product/Halong%20bay%202.jpg

https://www.namnewsnetwork.org/images/vietnam_Ha-Long-Bay.gif
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceland, I would like to go to Iceland.

The reason? I really like their ''toad in the holes' for a quid.
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:33 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siberia, for the same reason Ariel wants to go to Mongolia.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:33 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shall visit most of my ones at some point, but my two 'pipe-dream' ones are;

To visit- Antartica... Aurora Australis and just nothing. Bleak beauty, occasionally disturbed by whales blowing. But I would only want to visit it.

To stay long term - A year or two at least... Japan. Haven't heard anything about the Japanese that I don't like, and if I could get a half decent job I'd be there in a shot. Hence pipe dream... if I can save up a good chunk by the end of this term in Thailand I'll try and get across.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gone
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utsjoki, in the far north of Finnish lapland, on the banks of the Teno, one of the world's great salmon rivers. I've been before, so it would be a return trip. Might try it on the bike next year, only about 12-15 hours from here.

Other than that, I prefer the place I live to anywhere else. No great urge to explore.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.blog.gustavus.edu/files/2010/01/Machu-Picchu.jpg

Machu Pichhu in Peru, why not?



On a different note, I am off to Ecuador in a few weeks and I'll be seeing a lot of this:

https://www.google.co.uk/images?q=napo%20ecuador&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SMSN_enGB359&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

South Africa, to tour the country and (you guessed it) dive with Great Whites.


Sadly, no where lets tourists dive with Great Whites. Only cage diving. Trust me, I asked thoroughly. Not that I blame them, Whites are very individual and react to chum differently. Cage diving is pretty, but damn cold.

If you dive Durban, Richard's Bay or Mozambique enough you might get lucky, but they're just travelling through there. Richard's Bay do baited tiger shark dives though Thumbs Up
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suitor_Stu
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Machu Pichhu in Peru, why not?


Completely as an aside, I went there a few years ago when I was doing a little traveling - we did the trek thing so took us 4days to get there and I had some major hassle getting onto it even though we had booked and paid in full 6months previously (this 'hassle' ended up with me being interviewed by the police amongst other things I won't go into - none of which were my fault). Anyway, when I finally got on I bought myself a new memory card for my camera thinking 'I'm not bloody coming back here again, lets get some good shots'. Took 350 RAW photos on my SLR, all of them worthwhile (I edited duplicates/non interesting ones on the way) only to loose the fucking memory card later on that holiday.

Fucking gutted I was (and still am)

I mean obviously I still have the memories and all, but as I was the only one in our group with a camera there are no other photos...

Anway, rant over.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chris750
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to eventually get most places.

But I think next on my list would be Colombia, I have an ex girlfriend who lives there (that I still get along with) and several other friends I would like to see from a few different areas.
I have said for a few years now that I will come and visit but haven't got around to it yet. My partners family are from Trinidad so we will probably go there for a few weeks in the next year to see her relatives so I may get a flight to Bogota from Trinidad as its no that far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 02 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
Silver wrote:

South Africa, to tour the country and (you guessed it) dive with Great Whites.


Sadly, no where lets tourists dive with Great Whites. Only cage diving. Trust me, I asked thoroughly. Not that I blame them, Whites are very individual and react to chum differently. Cage diving is pretty, but damn cold.

If you dive Durban, Richard's Bay or Mozambique enough you might get lucky, but they're just travelling through there. Richard's Bay do baited tiger shark dives though Thumbs Up


Yeah, I kind of thought that was the case so I wouldn't be too disappointed. Even in a cage it would still be awesome to witness them in the flesh.

I've dived with loads of sharks on my travels (including half a dozen Hammerheads in the Maldives), loads of Reef Sharks etc and missed a Whale Shark by chance in Thailand (dammit! Mad ). One of the dive masters in Thailand saw a Tiger Shark up near Ko Tao and said he shit himself. I don't think he was talking metaphorically either... Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.22 Kb