|
|
| Author |
Message |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:53 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: always when you have no cash! |
 |
|
Just come back from the Copdock Bike Show, and I`m a tad disappointed.
The show itself was very good, with plenty going on for all types of bikers.
However dont do what I did and go round an auto-jumble when you`ve got no money!.
I found what looked like a tidy Honda RS250 at a reasonable price, an old Honda CG, a Kawaski Z550, plus a few others that I would of considered and they were all at cheapish prices.
I was quite miffed by the time I came away, but that life .
At least now I am going to still focus on my current projects  ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Inkognito |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Inkognito Brolly Dolly
Joined: 12 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:09 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's always the way.
I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition
Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:27 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| TwoSock wrote: | That's always the way.
I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition
Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon. |
When I was 19, insurance was holding me back from getting a 954 - so I bought a really nice Speed Four instead. MID SALE of the speed four, 3 minutes after I said yes - I got a call saying they could insure me for 400 quid on a 954.
Gutted wasnt the word. ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| L4Isoside |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 L4Isoside World Chat Champion
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:34 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Naughty Fawbish wrote: | | TwoSock wrote: | That's always the way.
I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition
Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon. |
When I was 19, insurance was holding me back from getting a 954 - so I bought a really nice Speed Four instead. MID SALE of the speed four, 3 minutes after I said yes - I got a call saying they could insure me for 400 quid on a 954.
Gutted wasnt the word. |
I'd have tried my best to bad out of the deal at that point  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chalky. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chalky. World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:16 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bah, that'll teach-me to actually read what's wrote. I read 'Aprilia' and I'm guessing this isn't the 'good' Honda RS250 that can make 90hp from a 90kg bike, but instead the CB250RS . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:46 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
YES the Honda CB250 RS ! a most excellent machine!
Yes the four-stroke single!
Bloody head-bangers No I cant find Aprillia in any of my posts? ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hazylogic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hazylogic World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|