Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


always when you have no cash!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:53 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: always when you have no cash! Reply with quote

Just come back from the Copdock Bike Show, and I`m a tad disappointed.
The show itself was very good, with plenty going on for all types of bikers.
However dont do what I did and go round an auto-jumble when you`ve got no money!.
I found what looked like a tidy Honda RS250 at a reasonable price, an old Honda CG, a Kawaski Z550, plus a few others that I would of considered and they were all at cheapish prices.
I was quite miffed by the time I came away, but that life Rolling Eyes .

At least now I am going to still focus on my current projects Smile
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Inkognito
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:09 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's always the way.

I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition Sad

Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoSock wrote:
That's always the way.

I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition Sad

Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon.


When I was 19, insurance was holding me back from getting a 954 - so I bought a really nice Speed Four instead. MID SALE of the speed four, 3 minutes after I said yes - I got a call saying they could insure me for 400 quid on a 954.

Gutted wasnt the word.
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: always when you have no cash! Reply with quote

What do yoyu consider a reasonable price for an RS250, out of interest?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty Fawbish wrote:
TwoSock wrote:
That's always the way.

I was looking for ages for a specific gixxer on ebay and autotrader.
Then i finally gave up and bought the VTR.
3 days later the gixxer i was waiting for popped up on ebay. The nicest one of them i have seen and for £1800.
Totally gutted. 1995 750 gixxer in the last edition colours (black/purple) with matching scorpion can and DB screen.
Not many of them around anymore and specially not in good condition Sad

Proper gutted!
Will save up though and get one soon.


When I was 19, insurance was holding me back from getting a 954 - so I bought a really nice Speed Four instead. MID SALE of the speed four, 3 minutes after I said yes - I got a call saying they could insure me for 400 quid on a 954.

Gutted wasnt the word.


I'd have tried my best to bad out of the deal at that point Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

L4Isoside wrote:
Naughty Fawbish wrote:




When I was 19, insurance was holding me back from getting a 954 - so I bought a really nice Speed Four instead. MID SALE of the speed four, 3 minutes after I said yes - I got a call saying they could insure me for 400 quid on a 954.

Gutted wasnt the word.


I'd have tried my best to bad out of the deal at that point Shocked


I know, I know. Young and stupid Laughing
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: always when you have no cash! Reply with quote

G wrote:
What do yoyu consider a reasonable price for an RS250, out of interest?


It was a late one and it looked tidy and they wanted £465, you never can tell but it looked like it would of been a ride-away jobbie!
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: always when you have no cash! Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
G wrote:
What do yoyu consider a reasonable price for an RS250, out of interest?


It was a late one and it looked tidy and they wanted £465, you never can tell but it looked like it would of been a ride-away jobbie!


Seems similar - we picked up a fairly haggard KR1 for 450ish at Stafford show few years back, lasted well for a good few trackdays with minimal work Thumbs Up
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: always when you have no cash! Reply with quote

Naughty Fawbish wrote:

Seems similar - we picked up a fairly haggard KR1 for 450ish at Stafford show few years back, lasted well for a good few trackdays with minimal work Thumbs Up


I`m so tight that when I walk I squeak, so getting me to part with cash means you have to have a good deal or I`m knocked out!

Even though I had no cash I went back for a second look and did consider calling in a few favours to raise the cash.

There was a couple of KR1`s (track-bikes) for sale there and I cant remember exactly but they were less than £400, of that I`m fairly sure?!
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:52 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

This https://www.therevcounter.com/for-sale-motorbikes/58261-1997-bmw-k1200rs-low-mileage-super-cheap.html is a complete bargain, but I can't raise anywhere near that much cash right now.

Would be perfect for a summer jaunt round Europe next year too
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is it Christoph?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:16 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, that'll teach-me to actually read what's wrote. I read 'Aprilia' and I'm guessing this isn't the 'good' Honda RS250 that can make 90hp from a 90kg bike, but instead the CB250RS Sad.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:19 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Bah, that'll teach-me to actually read what's wrote. I read 'Aprilia' and I'm guessing this isn't the 'good' Honda RS250 that can make 90hp from a 90kg bike, but instead the CB250RS Sad.


I thought he was on about the Honda 2-stroke aswell tbf, thought the words RS250 and bargain were a little out of whack Laughing
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but instead the CB250RS Thumbs Up which, as all most excellent people know, is a fantastic machine.

____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES the Honda CB250 RS ! a most excellent machine!
Yes the four-stroke single! Rolling Eyes

Bloody head-bangers Rolling Eyes No I cant find Aprillia in any of my posts?
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hazylogic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with this and when you do have some money there is fuck all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah, a most annoying maching which keeps popping up when you try to search for information on some silly enduro-GP hybrid dream while trying to avoid doing useful stuff!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 04 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
Quote:
When is it Christoph?


sat / sun 16 / 17 th

im going down on the 16th

you coming with?


Are you not coming to Yambabe's BBQ on the 16th?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.13 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 101.84 Kb