Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hello

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

trikeschick
Traffic Copper



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 03 Nov 2010    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hey - thought I'd introduce myself. I started to do my bike test 24 years ago but kids, work and no cash meant I never quite finished it. Over the past few years I've been riding a trike and this year turning 40 decided it was time to get the license.

So I sat my CBT a few weeks ago and today got my first instruction on a GS500. I'm going to do a some more lessons as I feel I'm needing to take my time. I'm confident but cautious - especially on roundabouts so hopefully just being out riding will help.

I've got my theory test booked for next weekend - I'm more worried about that than I am the module 1 test! Anyway it's all part of the adventure - no pressure - I'm doing this for fun!
____________________
"Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 03 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Best advice is to get yourself a theory test cd rom thingy. I used one and passed first time.

There is also practice ones here

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017669

Keep us all informed Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jodie
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 03 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erro Trikeschick,

Well done on your CBT and fingers crossed for the theory which easy if you've done your studying Wink

The week running up to my theory I must've done it at least 3 times a day online, although I ended up buying a disc from Morrisons for the dreaded Hazard perception but it was a fiver well spent.

Good luck and welcome Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:49 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and wecome Thumbs Up

Good luck with your tests Thumbs Up
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Good luck and welcome to the forum. Best advice is to get yourself a theory test cd rom thingy. I used one and passed first time.

There is also practice ones here

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017669

Keep us all informed Thumbs Up


I second that.

Welcome and good luck with your test next week Smile
____________________
Current ride - 2005 Suzuki GSX-R600 K4 - 2x 2014 Honda NC750s long term courtesy bikes - 2003 Fazer FZ6 written off as idiot reversed into me - 2009 YBR125 - still have from new
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trikeschick
Traffic Copper



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers everyone - I did one of the first car theory tests so I must study. I've got the disc - must use it!
____________________
"Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tenantry13
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck with it!

I had the book and think I read it four times and wrote down anything I got wrong, to make sure I had it drummed into my head before the test.

I borrowed the hazard disk off a mate, which was easy but found it a bit random as everything is a bloody hazard on the road Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Beelzebob
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the tests. I second the advice here - luckily a mate of mine had the theory and hazard DVDs from when he did it... and one of the clips on the DVD actually came up on the test Thumbs Up

You've got LOADS of time to do the theory answers so no need to rush. They're mostly common sense - you could get through it by just reading the Highway Code, if you could remember it all!

Let us know how you get on.
____________________
'09 YBR 125 -> '92 XJ600 S Diversion -> '99 Hornet 600

"Stronger than your average female lifeguard"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.69 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.09 Kb