Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Goldeneye re-release for Wii, 5 days to go.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Goldeneye re-release for Wii, 5 days to go. Reply with quote

I only just saw this. It looks very interesting. I may buy it and then possibly be let down but hey, it's Goldeneye Laughing


https://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/16317931/007-Goldeneye-Limited-Collector-Edition/Product.html
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool !

It's the kind of thing that would make me buy a wii, the same way it made me buy a N64.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've already got a wii so it's a + point really.


Will buy it and then tell what it's like Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could pay 20 quid less from anazon Wink

J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

2E
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the original hooked up to my TV atm, we play it every so often... thinking of stealing the Wii i bought my little brothers a few christmas's ago back and getting it now... it would be awesome! Thumbs Up
____________________
Bringing Classic Bikes Back Into Fashion
Rides: 1980 Honda CX500
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.must.have.
____________________
Past -Honda qr50 | 2004 Peugeot Tkr s 50|
| 1996 Yamaha XJ600s Diversion|
| 2005|Kawasaki Z750s | | 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer |
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 01 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to your review, Thumbs Up I'm holding off buying it until we see through the hype a few weeks after release.

Thing is, Goldeneye was made instantly redudant when Perfect Dark arrived and did the multiplayer ten times better, with more options, more guns, better arena's everything. I'm not quite sure why perfect dark seems to have slipped from memory so rapidly, apart from maybe the crappy licenced followups.

We have also had ten years of proper online multiplayer gaming (Counter-strike, Battlefield, Cod etc etc) so it will have readjusted your perception of what is good somewhat.

N64 predated most peoples online shooter experiences unless you were playing doom and quake in the early days, I would imagine. Things have moved on a bit since then.

This also needs a proper N64 pad to play it, it won't feel right on whatever that monstrosity of a pad is supposed to be.

Goes without saying that Brosnan is the goldeneye bond and not Craig, so what is that all about. That was added purely to sell it to the muppets who follows charts and buy what they are told is popular by the media.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 02 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Look forward to your review, Thumbs Up I'm holding off buying it until we see through the hype a few weeks after release.

Thing is, Goldeneye was made instantly redudant when Perfect Dark arrived and did the multiplayer ten times better, with more options, more guns, better arena's everything. I'm not quite sure why perfect dark seems to have slipped from memory so rapidly, apart from maybe the crappy licenced followups.

We have also had ten years of proper online multiplayer gaming (Counter-strike, Battlefield, Cod etc etc) so it will have readjusted your perception of what is good somewhat.

N64 predated most peoples online shooter experiences unless you were playing doom and quake in the early days, I would imagine. Things have moved on a bit since then.

This also needs a proper N64 pad to play it, it won't feel right on whatever that monstrosity of a pad is supposed to be.

Goes without saying that Brosnan is the goldeneye bond and not Craig, so what is that all about. That was added purely to sell it to the muppets who follows charts and buy what they are told is popular by the media.


I agree on the Craig bit... As thinking whaaaa? But then assumed the same.

I didn't get on with perfect dark. And I don't know why I like G64 multiplayer so much. I still enjoy playing it loads. <shrug>
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:43 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a review, thought it was going to be exactly the same as the 64 version with a few tweaks, it's not. Not even the same levels but a few throwbacks to the Goldeneye 64.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

divuk83
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 05 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to a car boot sale a get an old N64 if you want to play goldeneye as its supposed to be played.

Dave
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

southglasgow
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 12 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 05 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could see me buying this, as Goldeneye was one of the first single person shooters I really enjoyed - despite already being a doom player.

For those who mentioned Perfect Dark, can I be really geeky and say that parts of one of the levels in Golden Eye was lifted and reskinned for Perfect Dark. I played both far too much it seems.

Best weapon in Perfect Dark was the laptop gun which could be stuck to a wall as a sentry gun. The then girlfriend and I used to play the thing to death, and planting these things in interesting places was something she really enjoyed.
____________________
CBT June 09 - Kymco KR 125 July 09 -> Sept 09. Suzuki RV125 June 10 -> Theory June 13, MOD 1 July 13, MOD 2 August 13. Woohoo -> April 14. Yamaha XJ6N.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 74.27 Kb