Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Quick insurance question..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Quick insurance question.. Reply with quote

Going to pick up and R1 this weekend.
Waiting for details, but if im unable to swap over my insurance, as Im 3rd party on any bike to ride - I am legal to go ride it home yes??
Thanks Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:00 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be insured by somebody else for your 3rd party cover to work, so if the previous owner is still insured on it then yes Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:01 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASAIK The seller has to be insured on the bike as well for the insurance to be valid. If you do get stopped you can't say that you have just brought it since that invalidates your insurance, you will have to agree this with the seller in case the police phone to check.

Personally, I've done it a few times over shortish distances, up to 30 miles, and never had a problem.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes there are rules like it can't be bigger or more high risk that your bike, to prevent people insuring a honda cub 50, then riding an R1 on the '3rd party on other bikes' bit Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys - Insurance swapped over.
Tpft didnt go up alot, but because of my age (27) they couldnt insure me Fully comp Shocked Makes me feel young again Laughing Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:06 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marki wrote:
ASAIK The seller has to be insured on the bike as well for the insurance to be valid. If you do get stopped you can't say that you have just brought it since that invalidates your insurance, you will have to agree this with the seller in case the police phone to check.

Personally, I've done it a few times over shortish distances, up to 30 miles, and never had a problem.


This.

When I picked up the VTR 70 miles away I asked the guy not to cancel his insurance until I got home. I explained that I was fully comp on the other bike and cant change it over until the following day so will be fine for riding the VTR home providing it isnt mine and is insured. If I had got stopped then the bike was on a test ride and a phonecall to the prev owner would have confirmed it.

I sent him a text when I arrived home and he cancelled his insurance.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Billing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

standard bcf answer number 6:
pics or gtfo Wink

rode my vfr home 130 miles on the covered to ride other bikes thing, he was still insured so it wouldn't have flashed up the ANPR (had a plod car behind at one point and was totally bricking it Laughing )
____________________
'84 TS50X, '91 TZR125, '89 CBR400RR, '91 VFR400R NC30, '98 R1
"Hey copernicus! Why don't you navigate yourself to the back of the line with your feet and stand there with your shit."
BCF Eastern members map here ---> g.co/maps/2tm8b PM me to be added to it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.11 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.39 Kb