Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


It's a long shot...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Bikes & Accessories by G (5 Dec 2010 - 16:10)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: It's a long shot... Reply with quote

Firstly, apologies to the MODS/Admin who may see this as putting it in the wrong section or as spam.. I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..


But...


Does anyone know anyone (or themselves) which may be selling a 100-125cc bike for at most £400?

A few things it needs to be:

- Ready to Ride, i.e. taxed, mot etc (although, if it would require a new tyre or something small to get it ready to go then it would be ok)
- NOT a cruiser/chopper style bike
- NOT about to fall apart, or have an underlying issue which comes back every now and again i.e. Theres a slight tapping noise from the engine, but its never bothered me..

Ebay atm is a long shot, not found much on there in the range that is road worthy (although last I looked was yesterday afternoon).

The only reason I ask is I have now sold my moped and looking to get a bike to use for the rest of winter up to my DAS which I've booked for march (all going well and no fcuk-ups) and then I'll be selling this to my brother who is looking at getting rid of his car once I pass and using it to commute with a cbt (lives with his GF, she has her own car)..


Thanks. Smile
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... Reply with quote

tvchimp wrote:
Firstly, apologies to the MODS/Admin who may see this as putting it in the wrong section or as spam.. I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..


But...


Does anyone know anyone (or themselves) which may be selling a 100-125cc bike for at most £400?

A few things it needs to be:

- Ready to Ride, i.e. taxed, mot etc (although, if it would require a new tyre or something small to get it ready to go then it would be ok)
- NOT a cruiser/chopper style bike
- NOT about to fall apart, or have an underlying issue which comes back every now and again i.e. Theres a slight tapping noise from the engine, but its never bothered me..

Ebay atm is a long shot, not found much on there in the range that is road worthy (although last I looked was yesterday afternoon).

The only reason I ask is I have now sold my moped and looking to get a bike to use for the rest of winter up to my DAS which I've booked for march (all going well and no fcuk-ups) and then I'll be selling this to my brother who is looking at getting rid of his car once I pass and using it to commute with a cbt (lives with his GF, she has her own car)..


Thanks. Smile


I might be missing something here but you already have VFR750; how about either selling that to have a bit more money to play with or more sensibly put your £400 towards doing DAS now?
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VFR750 I bought from my dad last year, and have been doing bits to it with him over the past year.. Plus I've been out of work just over 6 months this year in total, and have just got back into work, so doing my DAS atm with money owed going out from when I was out of work is out of the question, and why it's booked for march.. Also the issue of the weather and road conditions aren't exactly inspiring atm! Sad
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cloric_tzr
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont listen to him. i have a 1988 yamaha tzr 125 for sale very quick tax mot till april ive spent £££ on her new clutch, piston, piston rings, wheel bearings, cables, coil ect. . . not bad condition for her age. wnated 600 ono but wud sel to u 4 500 if u wer serious about it.
____________________
i dumped my girlfriend the other day! she wouldnt act out one of my fantasy's. all i wanted her to do was come home from work, catch me fucking her sister and join in!!! miserable bitch!
My wifes so ugly, the only thing that goes down on her
Is the internet connection.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cloric_tzr
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yh this is the wrong section!!!!! but in this case ill let u off
not to sure any1 else will tho. . .
____________________
i dumped my girlfriend the other day! she wouldnt act out one of my fantasy's. all i wanted her to do was come home from work, catch me fucking her sister and join in!!! miserable bitch!
My wifes so ugly, the only thing that goes down on her
Is the internet connection.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... Reply with quote

tvchimp wrote:
I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..

Normal 'local bobby' rant:
Oddly enough, that's exactly what EVERYONE would like for their posts, generally.

So it suggests you think you're better than everyone else, because your cause DESERVES to be heard over others Rolling Eyes.

Thumbs Down

You're lucky, the last person that posted like that got rather a lot of bad ratings before it was noticed and moved.

Doing you DAS still seems like a more sensible option to me, providing insurance on the big bike isn't too bad.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... Reply with quote

G wrote:
tvchimp wrote:
I want to try get as many responses as I can so I can get going asap..

Normal 'local bobby' rant:
Oddly enough, that's exactly what EVERYONE would like for their posts, generally.

So it suggests you think you're better than everyone else, because your cause DESERVES to be heard over others Rolling Eyes.

Thumbs Down


Not at all, I just wanted to see if many (or any) people had any 125 bikes for sale cheap. Not sure if many look in the 'bikes for sale' section unless they're actually looking for a new bike, or one to sell.. Confused

G wrote:

Doing you DAS still seems like a more sensible option to me, providing insurance on the big bike isn't too bad.


Insurance for the VFR was about £1k fully comp (I'm 23 with 1yr NCB) about 3months ago when I looked at it, not majorly expensive, but enough to make me pause before clicking the confirm button for the payment! haha.

I've got my DAS booked, just for when it's slightly better weather, round here the council havent bothered to grit that many roads, including major A-roads and bus routes, which makes me a little cautious about doing my DAS right now, I'd rather wait til I didn't have to worry about dropping the bike (and also knocking my confidence).


Hence why I was looking for a cheap-ish 125 to use until I do my DAS, one preferably without as many plastic bits to snap off (so your TZR is out the question cloric_tzr sorry mate).


Apologies to anyone who may have been offended anyway Shifty
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 05 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: It's a long shot... Reply with quote

tvchimp wrote:

Not at all, I just wanted to see if many (or any) people had any 125 bikes for sale cheap. Not sure if many look in the 'bikes for sale' section unless they're actually looking for a new bike, or one to sell.. Confused

Or one to sell - yes.
Everyone would like EVERYONE to see their wanted and for sale posts, just like you would. Most other people however accept that they have to follow rules.


The separate section was created partly because such posts got quickly dropped when they were in a main section - you will get more views in the first couple of hours, then a lot less.


Bitter, me? Yes, that'd be because it's me you're creating (a little) more work for. Not offended, it just gets a bit tiring.


Oh and fully comp on a VFR750? It'll be worth less than the insurance+excess probably. Go TPO and get an ok lock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.9 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 62.2 Kb