|
|
| Author |
Message |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:30 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I like it when you start making threads again, you seem to go through a lul and then do like 15 at once, they always make me smile
Eccentric maybe - Entertaining, Yes!
Will not become the new minh ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ichy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ichy World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:49 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Eccentric is used to describe many things. Mainly used for someone that is different than the norm in which case it doesn't take much in some peoples eyes to be seen as eccentric. It can also be used instead of odd, weird, freakish, mad, senile, scary & others.
Just about sums you up I think?
Eccentric for me is someone who does something unusual, like wearing odd shoes, but doesn't do it deliberately. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yen_powell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yen_powell World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:24 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think Eccentricity comes with age, I don't know what age, but for years and years you just get called a Freak or Weird, and then suddenly at some point, future forward you become Eccentric.
I get called a Freak, regularly, so I presume at some point this will change and I will be promoted to Eccentric...I will be sure to let you know when this occurs.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lone-Wolf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lone-Wolf World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rowey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rowey World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:28 - 24 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I've now asked Anita, and it turns out that the guy who said it is mega-posh, rich parents, etc., etc. So he probably thinks in those terms about everybody.
I always figured eccentric as a "rich person" word, too
(the wonderful Lord Bath springs immediately to mind)
https://www.longleat.co.uk/news/images/15072BG-%20LB%20%20%20DOGS.jpg
Lord "Mad as a box of frogs" more like
... although having spent several days now thinking about it, I would also put "well-educated and/or people of high intelligence" into that category.
I know lots of people who are quite eccentric but also extremely intelligent. Maybe that's where mine comes from, high IQ (156), ergo higher than likely element of nuttiness.
So although I'm (usually) financially better off than most of my friends, I'm hardly loaded. Which makes me just a common or garden variety nutter by virtue of my so-called level of intelligence (although I'm feeling rather braindead today, it has to be said).
But my sister and my aunt were the official loonies in my family (bi-polar disease) - so I tend to use them as a yardstick... "Oh no, I'm being a bit dotty, but I'm not as mad as them (yet)"
I agree that those people who say things like "I'm mad I am!" are the sort of people who try too hard, who otherwise wouldn't have much of a personality. You can see the desperation to be liked or admired leaking out of them.
My ex always says things like "I'm a psycho..."
... no you're not, luv, you're just a bit of an angry lad who's a bit fucked up
Ah, loonies: gotta love em.
Or keep them at arms length  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:42 - 24 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been told (even to my face) that I'm a bit strange, or not normal... but I just live my life as I see fit, and try not to bother anybody. So it's not really a problem for me.
As for eccentricity in others, as long as it doesn't involve illegal, abusive, or purposely offensive behaviour, I don't see a problem.
(...and yes, Lord Bath immediately sprang to mind - I think he comes across as a really nice bloke, even though I don't usually like the "upper classes") ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:27 - 24 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes....yes you are.
Off topic but I woke up and turned the tv this morning.
They said some one is missing then they said "a women was killed by
her mastiff".I just thought oh no not hellkat.
Good to know you're still alive.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:57 - 24 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hmmm, my immediate reaction was "why are you asking the BCF Massif if you're eccentric?" Let's be honest amongst us lot you're perfectly lovely and normal - like G said he didn't even bat an eyelid at something that would have hit the profanity filter on any other site and sent it into meltdown!
I think that's what is so great about t'internet forums like this - in what is a boring and very dull society the proper individuals can have a voice and outlet for their so called eccentricities!
Hellkat - you're a proper all heart, lovely eccentric and I for one think you're great just the way you are!  ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|