Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Unintended singing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Unintended singing Reply with quote

I was just listening to some old school Guns N Roses which reminded me of a time at school...

The GCSE Art exam was 10 hours long (split over two days) and we were allowed to listen to personal stereos (no, iPods hadn't been bloody invented). Midway through the first day I was getting into the music when suddenly the people around me burst out laughing. It then dawned on me that singing "in my head" had probably transgressed to "singing aloud".

"Double talking jive mutherfucker, 'cos I got no more patience" is probably not what you'd expect to hear in a silent art room. The teacher politely asked me to keep the singing to myself... Embarassed

There is no actual point to this thread, the music reminded me and I felt like sharing. Feel free to add your own stories. Or not. I will live either way you know.

Oh, and let me be the first to beat the rush and say...

https://i1.soundcloud.com/artworks-000002356512-a3rc4c-crop.jpg?63d213
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:22 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first went solo in a glider I was up in the air, then suddenly realised I was singing fly me to the moon!

Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have to walk home from the train station a good 1.5 miles. The Rover plant had been closed down and derelict for some time, so there was fuck all to look at except passing traffic and abandoned buildings, so what better way to pass the time than to have a good old sing song.

I'd belt out Metallica songs in my best Hetfield impression, all the way home. One day my ex asked me if I ever sang to myself whilst walking home. A little cautious as to why she asked this question, I said errr yeah maybe sometimes.

Turns out one of her sisters friends daughter had been walking behind me the whole way with her boyfriend one day, listening to the lot, she thought I might be a bit mental, and asked her mom if there was anything wrong with me.


Embarassed

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:22 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
I used to have to walk home from the train station a good 1.5 miles. The Rover plant had been closed down and derelict for some time, so there was fuck all to look at except passing traffic and abandoned buildings, so what better way to pass the time than to have a good old sing song.

I'd belt out Metallica songs in my best Hetfield impression, all the way home. One day my ex asked me if I ever sang to myself whilst walking home. A little cautious as to why she asked this question, I said errr yeah maybe sometimes.

Turns out one of her sisters friends daughter had been walking behind me the whole way with her boyfriend one day, listening to the lot, she thought I might be a bit mental, and asked her mom if there was anything wrong with me.


Embarassed

GhostRider

The question is what is wrong with her to think it's not okay to belt out Metallica songs? Wink.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a thread about those 5000 people that started spontaniously singing in America somewhere causing the mall they were in to shake and it had to be evacuated yesterday.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:36 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I think about personal stereo's I think back to the time, when my younger, shy brother and me were sitting on the bus, and he suddenly burst out singing (in a strangled cat style voice) "oo oo oooo EYE OF TIGER, FRILL OF THE FIGHT, HUH HUH EYE OF THE TIGER, ERRrrr...FRILL OF THE FIGHT...."

Classic...I was in stitches, it seriously made me cry... he was mortified, absolutely mortified...he went bright red, and was cross with me for laughing.... Laughing
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 22 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember once on my nsr on the way to college I was listening to soilwork in my helmet. I was singing along quite loudly even and was enjoying myself. Thing was I didn't notice the group of ten people at the traffic lights I'd stopped at , they were giving me some funny looks Laughing
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ol
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
I remember once on my nsr on the way to college I was listening to soilwork in my helmet. I was singing along quite loudly even and was enjoying myself. Thing was I didn't notice the group of ten people at the traffic lights I'd stopped at , they were giving me some funny looks Laughing


meh - fcuk em, i have my music on shuffle - so one minute it could be Metallica / guns n roses / rage against the machine, the next it could be bob marley / dire straights / squeeze / black eyed peas / cheryl cole etc... if i know the words i'll sing along, i'm not alowed to sing at home (somthing about upsetting the kids) so i sing away when on the bike - it wouldn't be a normal ride to work if i didn't get atleast one funny look from people in cars or crossing the road in front of me !!!!!!!!! Cool
____________________
Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ol wrote:
one minute it could be Metallica / guns n roses / rage against the machine, the next it could be bob marley / dire straights / squeeze / black eyed peas / cheryl cole etc


Fixed for clarity Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ol
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Ol wrote:
one minute it could be Metallica / guns n roses / rage against the machine, the next it could be bob marley / dire straights / squeeze / black eyed peas / cheryl cole etc


Fixed for clarity Wink


i'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this week i've said this to you Silver :


Middle Finger Rolling Eyes Middle Finger
____________________
Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you have anger issues. Don't take it out on me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ol
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now your starting to sound like my wife... jesus Rolling Eyes



maybe i do need help - i'll go see warped for advice ! Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

singing to CKY why at traffic lights is a bad idea.

When passing pedestrians/other bikes that have filtered up hear you but dont hear the bassline and guitar riffs you tend to look like a nutter.

'theyve deleted all the tourists at the bottom of the lake'
'you what mate?' Confused

Then again, people see me on my bike and assume im a nutter anyways, especially in this weather, doesnt bother me Laughing

Cheers
John
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it alot at work, I'll walk past the TV's that have the music channel on and start quietly singing songs. When I get to the front of the shop you can't hear the TV's anymore, just me singing Rihanna quite loud.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its one of the main reasons I do not have an iPod.
I would be dancing (or conducting) dementedly all the time.

I have no idea how people on the Tube/bus/train can sit still.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Its one of the main reasons I do not have an iPod.
I would be dancing (or conducting) dementedly all the time.

I have no idea how people on the Tube/bus/train can sit still.
I simply cant Laughing

Iv often caught myself singing aloud but luckily its rarely when people are around. That said, iv had some funny looks when people in the street have heard/noticed..

Doing the 6pm-2am shift was grreat for that, i could stroll thru the streets after work subtly singing away without a care in the world Very Happy
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.64 Sec - Server Load: 2.67 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 99.15 Kb