|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:18 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: Unintended singing |
 |
|
I was just listening to some old school Guns N Roses which reminded me of a time at school...
The GCSE Art exam was 10 hours long (split over two days) and we were allowed to listen to personal stereos (no, iPods hadn't been bloody invented). Midway through the first day I was getting into the music when suddenly the people around me burst out laughing. It then dawned on me that singing "in my head" had probably transgressed to "singing aloud".
"Double talking jive mutherfucker, 'cos I got no more patience" is probably not what you'd expect to hear in a silent art room. The teacher politely asked me to keep the singing to myself...
There is no actual point to this thread, the music reminded me and I felt like sharing. Feel free to add your own stories. Or not. I will live either way you know.
Oh, and let me be the first to beat the rush and say...
https://i1.soundcloud.com/artworks-000002356512-a3rc4c-crop.jpg?63d213 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chalky. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chalky. World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:22 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I first went solo in a glider I was up in the air, then suddenly realised I was singing fly me to the moon!
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:38 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to have to walk home from the train station a good 1.5 miles. The Rover plant had been closed down and derelict for some time, so there was fuck all to look at except passing traffic and abandoned buildings, so what better way to pass the time than to have a good old sing song.
I'd belt out Metallica songs in my best Hetfield impression, all the way home. One day my ex asked me if I ever sang to myself whilst walking home. A little cautious as to why she asked this question, I said errr yeah maybe sometimes.
Turns out one of her sisters friends daughter had been walking behind me the whole way with her boyfriend one day, listening to the lot, she thought I might be a bit mental, and asked her mom if there was anything wrong with me.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paulington |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paulington World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:22 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| GhostRider wrote: | I used to have to walk home from the train station a good 1.5 miles. The Rover plant had been closed down and derelict for some time, so there was fuck all to look at except passing traffic and abandoned buildings, so what better way to pass the time than to have a good old sing song.
I'd belt out Metallica songs in my best Hetfield impression, all the way home. One day my ex asked me if I ever sang to myself whilst walking home. A little cautious as to why she asked this question, I said errr yeah maybe sometimes.
Turns out one of her sisters friends daughter had been walking behind me the whole way with her boyfriend one day, listening to the lot, she thought I might be a bit mental, and asked her mom if there was anything wrong with me.
GhostRider |
The question is what is wrong with her to think it's not okay to belt out Metallica songs? . ____________________ "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:36 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Everytime I think about personal stereo's I think back to the time, when my younger, shy brother and me were sitting on the bus, and he suddenly burst out singing (in a strangled cat style voice) "oo oo oooo EYE OF TIGER, FRILL OF THE FIGHT, HUH HUH EYE OF THE TIGER, ERRrrr...FRILL OF THE FIGHT...."
Classic...I was in stitches, it seriously made me cry... he was mortified, absolutely mortified...he went bright red, and was cross with me for laughing....  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:20 - 22 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember once on my nsr on the way to college I was listening to soilwork in my helmet. I was singing along quite loudly even and was enjoying myself. Thing was I didn't notice the group of ten people at the traffic lights I'd stopped at , they were giving me some funny looks  ____________________ Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ol |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ol World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:22 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ncrn wrote: | I remember once on my nsr on the way to college I was listening to soilwork in my helmet. I was singing along quite loudly even and was enjoying myself. Thing was I didn't notice the group of ten people at the traffic lights I'd stopped at , they were giving me some funny looks  |
meh - fcuk em, i have my music on shuffle - so one minute it could be Metallica / guns n roses / rage against the machine, the next it could be bob marley / dire straights / squeeze / black eyed peas / cheryl cole etc... if i know the words i'll sing along, i'm not alowed to sing at home (somthing about upsetting the kids) so i sing away when on the bike - it wouldn't be a normal ride to work if i didn't get atleast one funny look from people in cars or crossing the road in front of me !!!!!!!!!  ____________________ Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ol |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ol World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:00 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Silver wrote: | | Ol wrote: | one minute it could be Metallica / guns n roses / rage against the machine, the next it could be bob marley / dire straights / squeeze / black eyed peas / cheryl cole etc |
Fixed for clarity  |
i'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this week i've said this to you Silver :
 ____________________ Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ol |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ol World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:30 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Now your starting to sound like my wife... jesus
maybe i do need help - i'll go see warped for advice !  ____________________ Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| virus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 virus World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:54 - 23 Dec 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
singing to CKY why at traffic lights is a bad idea.
When passing pedestrians/other bikes that have filtered up hear you but dont hear the bassline and guitar riffs you tend to look like a nutter.
'theyve deleted all the tourists at the bottom of the lake'
'you what mate?'
Then again, people see me on my bike and assume im a nutter anyways, especially in this weather, doesnt bother me
Cheers
John ____________________ own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|