Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


City Link! Grrr!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: City Link! Grrr! Reply with quote

I ordered a tyre for my car, as it needs a new one for it's MOT. They tried to deliver it yesterday but I never got it, sot their policy is to delivery it the next day between 7:30 and 17:30. So I, I booked my MOT yesterday, for tomorrow at 0900 thinking it would be here for today. I waited in all day (was painting anyway, but still) on it coming, and at 1700hrs I phoned them and they said it never got sent out today Evil or Very Mad

So now I've got a 65mile round trip to go and pick my tyre up, and have to take it to get fitting at 0830 tomorrow morning before the MOT!

Such a pain the arse, and will loose me about £10 on fuel on top of the delivery charge I paid for it.

Off I go to get the tyre, and rant over Thumbs Down
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
TanacoiusD This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order from blackcircles.com. Price includes fitting at a garage near you at a time to suite you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

69.9mph
Crazy Courier



Joined: 20 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:07 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you had to ring them to re-arrange delivery or am I thinking of another company?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoned the mechanic and re-arranged MOT, top guy Thumbs Up

69.9mph wrote:
I thought you had to ring them to re-arrange delivery or am I thinking of another company?


Not City-Link, they automatically delivery the next day if you are not in the day of delivery.
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any bad experience with city link yet, I can only think that their delays are due to other companies clogging them up because they are still getting Christmas parcels out. my dads kindle didn't arrive from Amazon until the 7th of January ordered on the 20th of dec. that was another delivery company, cannot remember which.

Annoying though isn't it? especially when there is a promise made.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike the increasingly ridiculous time slots of parcel delivery companies. You have to wait in all day to recieve something that is worth a hell of a lot less than your day off work. Great if it can be left with a neighbour but you can't guarantee that.

The alternative is to let them fail delivery and then drive 20-30miles to the depot, I had a City Link delivery today and their depot is 25 miles away, why the hell should I have to drive all that way to collect it. Fed Ex is the worst, it's in the middle of birmingham, well over an hours round trip if the motorway is clear, i'm not exactly rural either.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm lucky i suppose, i can get stuff delivered to my work. someone always there. it is ridiculous that you have to wait in all day for a £40 lamp or some other curio.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Billing
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHL aren't too sharp either, constantly delivering to other places (next door, the estate head office and the restaurant across the road just to name 3) they also couldn't even keep to a guaranteed next day delivery Evil or Very Mad
____________________
'84 TS50X, '91 TZR125, '89 CBR400RR, '91 VFR400R NC30, '98 R1
"Hey copernicus! Why don't you navigate yourself to the back of the line with your feet and stand there with your shit."
BCF Eastern members map here ---> g.co/maps/2tm8b PM me to be added to it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajbsmirnoff
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're increasingly getting deliveries left in our recycling bin.

Without wanting to complain, its not a paper recycling bin, but a 'glass and tin' one. Glad i give 'em a rinse ! Its not a super secure place to leave a parcel compared to our neighbours (retired one side, and stay at home mum the other - always home).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get quite a lot of stuff mail order delivered at work.

Shitty Link have yet to deliver a parcel that was not in some way damaged, many being what I could only describe as totally mangled.

After the latest one which was a car battery in a mangled box with "Warning, contains acid, this way up" stamped all over it that was dumped unceremoniously on the floor at our front desk, upside down. I took the guy to task about it. He clearly couldn't give a flying fuck and replied that if i didn't like it, I should use a different courier.

I've told him that the staff have been instructed that any parcels delivered by city link from now on are to be opened and inspected for damage before they are signed for. If he doesn't give a shit how he handles the packages, he can bloody well wait.

In contrast, the UPS guy is always effiecient and courteous. On the rare occasions he has a damaged package, he appologises, points out the damage and suggests we open it right away so he can return it if the goods are damaged.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:58 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a tablet pc on 1 to 3 day delivery so should have been delivered to work today at the latest.

When it didn't arrive I phoned DHL to be told the driver had tried to deliver on Tuesday but couldn't.

We're a 24x7 site so I expect he didn't even try.

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I ordered a tablet pc on 1 to 3 day delivery so should have been delivered to work today at the latest.

When it didn't arrive I phoned DHL to be told the driver had tried to deliver on Tuesday but couldn't.

We're a 24x7 site so I expect he didn't even try.

Mark


That's the depot managers covering their arses, if the driver runs out of time which they nearly always will due to excessive delivery loads, almost everything that isn't attempted will be marked as a failed delivery, it's so the depot doesn't get it's arse kicked by management for being inefficient.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow it'll get cancelled and they can get their arse kicked by the supplier instead Smile

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carphone whorehouse use City Link and the hassle I have had over the years upgrading phones. I've had arguments with some bint at the city link depot several times over phones due out for delivery on the following day not arriving 3 or 4 days later.

Theys crap!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
I dislike the increasingly ridiculous time slots of parcel delivery companies. You have to wait in all day to recieve something that is worth a hell of a lot less than your day off work. Great if it can be left with a neighbour but you can't guarantee that.


That's the thing. It states that the delivery time is between 0730 and 1730 hours. I bet if tomorrow I pop out for 30mins they will have tried to delivery it! I added a note on the bottom saying if I'm not in, to leave it around the back door, but it requires a signature so they obviously didn't. Even leaving it with a neighbour would be easier...
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
TanacoiusD This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:05 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never use them if I can.

Every time I have used them they won't leave it with a neighbour. Even if I put a note on the door. Have to go and pick up from depot 30 minutes away.

Parcelforce and all other major ones will leave somewhere if I leave a not but not shitty link.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:00 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

TanacoiusD wrote:
pinkyfloyd wrote:
Carphone whorehouse use City Link and the hassle I have had over the years upgrading phones. I've had arguments with some bint at the city link depot several times over phones due out for delivery on the following day not arriving 3 or 4 days later.

Theys crap!


Their not crap if that iphone was FREE in the end ... !! Idea Cool


That Iphone so far has been free. Delivered by DHL this time. They use Citylink back home it seems and each time they have been crap. Considering I've had 5 upgrades over the years on each of my 3 accounts thats 15 phones over 7 years or so. Thats not good stats.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jodie
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owdamer wrote:
I order from blackcircles.com. Price includes fitting at a garage near you at a time to suite you.


Ordered my last lot from there, was very impressed. Phoned round loads first, the garage where I had them fit quoted me over £100 more.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame they don't stock Dunlop road smarts Sad i'm after a pair. found a set for £210 though which isn't terrible.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:43 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, can't grumble! They attempted a delivery this morning, but I was in bed and never heard the door. Seems they've left it next door which saved me a 65 mile journey Thumbs Up
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Shitty Link have yet to deliver a parcel that was not in some way damaged, many being what I could only describe as totally mangled.

Last place I worked at used Shitty Link to send parcels out. One was a £300 clocking in system. The guy comes and picks it up, balances it on a bollard next to the van whilst he opens the side door, package drops off bollard onto floor under van. Guy picks up rest of parcels from floor and chucks them in the van. Starts to drive off and runs over the fucking clocking in machine! Obviously feels this, gets out the van picks it up and rather than come in to us and let us know what's happened the fucker just slings it in the van all mangled!

He then tries to drive off but luckily our receptionist chases after him and gets the parcel, and we had him running over it on CCTV. We opened a case with them to get money back and the cunts gave us £10.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 15 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Carphone whorehouse use City Link and the hassle I have had over the years upgrading phones. I've had arguments with some bint at the city link depot several times over phones due out for delivery on the following day not arriving 3 or 4 days later.

Theys crap!


My g/f had a a right toil with carphone whorehouse/shitty link.
She ordered a phone and explained that there was nobody in during the day so could they use royal mail as their depot is local so we can easily go collect. No problems they say. Next thing a card comes through the door from shitty link. Turns out their depot is actually local as well so we head off to collect. On arrival she's told they will only accept a passport as id. WTF?? Neither of us have a passport. Shitty link refused to budge on this so we came away empty handed. Carphone whorehouse were equally obnoxious on this issue and told us we should have made sure we were at home. Well sorry for having a fucking job!!!
Lots more dealings with shitty link through work. had so much stuff delivered damaged you wouldn't believe.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:57 - 16 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use couriers often, and when I do it's either UPS or it doesn't get sent.

Never had any problems with them, always collected and delivered on time and best of all never had any damage on a parcel, not even a bit of squashed cardboard.

Sorry to hear about your experiences guys, I had one recently very similar with Parcelforce & Customs! Sad.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.27 Kb