Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Don't you love the haters!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

elky
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Don't you love the haters! Reply with quote

I know most of us have probably already got the free "Think Bike" stickers that have been around for ages, but somebody posted a link up on the HotUKDeals website.

Cue the "well bikers are all illegal nutters" debate.

Clicky.... https://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-think-bike-think-biker-car-sticker/856077/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:56 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolz, i replied Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did too, in moderation queue
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your email, they sent me an activation link.
clicked it then my post was visible.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of those comments are pathetic. It's a waste of time posting up there trying to convince people like that any different, they will never change their minds.

Having been riding for 19 years, and driving for 12, I see more people driving cars badly than people riding motorbikes badly.

It's not often you see someone not taking notice while riding, but you see it everyday with people driving cars.

I took my ZXR out for a little spin on Sunday, first outing since October last year, and not 100 yards from my house while going round a mini roundabout some daft old fart just drove straight in front of me while I was going round it (at about 10mph). He didn't even look before pulling onto the roundabout and despite me sounding the horn about 1 meter from his door, he continued to ignore me and just look straight on!

I see this when in the car too, from car drivers. Never from motorcyclists.

Trying not to be bias, from a drivers and riders point of view, car drivers are much much worse than motorcyclists when it comes to road sense and awareness.

Very Happy Thumbs Up
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check my latest post Very Happy

https://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-think-bike-think-biker-car-sticker/856077?page=3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied with

Quote:
I'm a biker and last I checked we arent all hooligans. I've seen plenty worse car drivers out there. Take your typical Addidas 3 stripe teenager for example in their tricked up corsa's etc. I'd take a crowd of bikers over them idiots any day.

Back to the OP though. I thought this was a site for posting great deals or free stuff, just like the OP. If you cage drivers that have bashed dont like bikers or agree with biking then dont order the sticker. Is there really any need to treat us with disdain? The OP posted a free item, If your not interested then bugger off. Simple as that.


Lets see if the mods allow it Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonnyFoxtrot
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:16 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learnt a while ago not to feed the Car Trolls. Stubborn fucks the lot of them.
____________________
'89 Honda NS125F (SOLD) -> '92 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD) -> '03 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H (SOLD) -> '96 VFR 750 RC36 (SOLD) -> '02 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're pissing in the wind replying to people like that. They'll never change their views, even though they've no experience of the thing they're moaning about.

Save your breath/blood pressure and just ignore them Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, im sat in the house all day with SFA to do.

Winding up the car drivers is better than watching jeremy kyle Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob yarrr wrote:
god i hope i don't grow up to be like some of them miserable fucks


too late lad!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:58 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

done Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:20 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would write 100 lines

"I must not trololololololol" But Its so much fun. Belly1 (me) had his little rant about cyclists now Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

elky
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Belly1 (me) had his little rant about cyclists now Laughing


Belly1 wrote:
cyclists should do a CBT just like motorcyclists before they are even allowed on the roads.


Love it Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:49 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you are mongs. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
rabograbeni - Jan 20, 2011 13:22
Bell-end-1 - you sir, are just a cock!


Laughing Laughing Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

schooleydoo
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious to know how many of you display these stickers on their cars? It seems the opposite of the "stick it to the man" attitude so many bikers seem to have.

I encountered a sticker owner on my test. In trying to help me, she turned right out of our (completely deserted) junction at about 3mph, causing me to accelerate to within an inch of her bumper (and clock the sticker!).

Had she not been "thinking bike", she would have driven like every other motorist and got out of my way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

elky
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

schooleydoo wrote:
I am curious to know how many of you display these stickers on their cars? It seems the opposite of the "stick it to the man" attitude so many bikers seem to have.

I encountered a sticker owner on my test. In trying to help me, she turned right out of our (completely deserted) junction at about 3mph, causing me to accelerate to within an inch of her bumper (and clock the sticker!).

Had she not been "thinking bike", she would have driven like every other motorist and got out of my way.


I do, but my Mrs also drives the car - so it might have been her Smile

@pinky, you've made a friend for life in that thread:

rabograbeni - Jan 20, 2011 14:08 wrote:

Motorcyclists are generally people who cannot afford good jobs, and therefore cannot afford cars
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of breath being wasted there, although providing a moderate amount of lulz.

There are a massive amount of road captains in this country, they will never change their views. They are right simply because they believe themselves to be always correct and completely infallible.

These are the people you will find sitting in the outside lane at 69.9mph, they will never move over because if you want to overtake them you WILL BE BREAKING THE LAW!!!1!!one.!!

These are also the people who, after pulling out (slowly) in front of you and causing you to fly over their bonnet will then say 'He was speeding', as if it's any sort of defence.

Wankers.
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so loved! Laughing

Judging by the replies I'm wondering who showed covtwat to the forum?
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Vman
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF! ....and all for the sake of a free sticker.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debate is getting quite heated now, I reckon it's only another one or two pages until Godwin's law comes fully into effect. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 20 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

He loves me to peices. Should I be happy? It just reminds me of covtwat and I'm now bored. Tosser can think what he wants of me.

I'm not very pleasent. Never said I was nice. Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 3.15 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.56 Kb