Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Man flu in full effect...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 23 Jan 2011    Post subject: Man flu in full effect... Reply with quote

Sat here at work, I ache all over, I have the shakes..I am freezing yet roasting at the same time, and I've got a close personal relationship with the toilet bowl tonight.

I hope I make it through the shift, 4 days off after tonight!! Sick Sick
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 23 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't sound great.. have good few days off
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquids
Rest
Read
Sleep

Only had the flu once. I was unable to look after myself. Nasty illness.


Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 23 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually if I get the flu I get it mildly at best..it's kicking my arse this time though!
Must be a side affect of getting older Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 23 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it before christmas. Spent 5 days in bed, 3 of them I simply couldnt move. Crawled out to visit the docs, sent me home with antibiotics. In bed for another 4 days.
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:16 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it over christmas.
4 days in bed at its worst, and tbh i'm still not right now.
Its a bitch.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:40 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

asharin wrote:
Usually if I get the flu I get it mildly at best..it's kicking my arse this time though!
Must be a side affect of getting older Sad


Or it could be that you actually have the flu now, rather than a cold.
Advice above is good Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most important thing i found was to drink loads of water - and i mean loads.
Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on day 5 of what I can only describe as flu like virus. It started Thursday, I had only what I can describe as a 'judder' if I look side to side quickly...my skin felt prickly and my every muscle ached. My head felt like it was going to explode if I sat up, but when I laid down my body ached.

I fell asleep at the drop of a hat (which never happens), I resumed eating on day 4...and today I had to go back to work, as we don't get sick pay, so two days off last week is going to kill me as it is.

Today, I have a stinky cold, runny itchy eyes and nose, cough, till suffering hot and cold.

Last night I had 14hrs sleep, and tonight I am struggling now, it's 9.30pm!!! Sick
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I died last year with Man Flu.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
I'm on day 5 of what I can only describe as flu like virus. It started Thursday, I had only what I can describe as a 'judder' if I look side to side quickly...my skin felt prickly and my every muscle ached. My head felt like it was going to explode if I sat up, but when I laid down my body ached.

I fell asleep at the drop of a hat (which never happens), I resumed eating on day 4...and today I had to go back to work, as we don't get sick pay, so two days off last week is going to kill me as it is.

Today, I have a stinky cold, runny itchy eyes and nose, cough, till suffering hot and cold.

Last night I had 14hrs sleep, and tonight I am struggling now, it's 9.30pm!!! Sick


Clangers got man flu. I always knew there was something suspicious about her Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Willson
Traffic Copper



Joined: 26 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two cold and flu capsules before bed washed down with a double whiskey does me a treat.
____________________
Benson: Wouldn't life be easier if we were all turtles?
Me: Pig on bread = The way forward.
Riding: '00 Suzuki SV650S. Previous: '99 Kawasaki ER5 - sold, '02 Suzuki GZ125 Marauder - sold
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I died last year with Man Flu.


But you got better Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one day where I felt like crap, on the other days I was just a bit sniffly.

Breathing steam and drinking hot water for the win!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 24 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate lemsip, even with sugar and honey mixed in Sick
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just a bit sniffly
Don't EVER say that again.
You ride a powerful motorcyclebike machine at speed with only your blue textiles and dayglow hat to protect you(and 2 remaining LEDSs)

You ARE a MAN. You don't get abit sniffy...You expel gallons of slime and like Skudd said...You DIE.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
(and 2 remaining LEDSs)


Three were flickering on the left handguard today. Maybe they're coming back Praying
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are on the subject of snot what do you do when your nose is running and you are on the bike with your helmet on? Laughing

I know what I do when it happens Sick Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

All better now!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow3r wrote:
While we are on the subject of snot what do you do when your nose is running and you are on the bike with your helmet on? Laughing

I know what I do when it happens Sick Laughing


Drink it.

Om nom nom nom.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I have been having uncontrollable bouts of sneezing... the funniest was eating my dinner...I had a mouthful of sweetcorn, most of which is now pebble-dashed all over my sleeve, my hands, the wall Confused Laughing
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow3r wrote:
While we are on the subject of snot what do you do when your nose is running and you are on the bike with your helmet on? Laughing

I know what I do when it happens Sick Laughing
..Neck tube gets the brunt Sad
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
slow3r wrote:
While we are on the subject of snot what do you do when your nose is running and you are on the bike with your helmet on? Laughing

I know what I do when it happens Sick Laughing
..Neck tube gets the brunt Sad


God created the beard. Embarassed
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 27 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Clanger's got man flu.


Yes, it's definitely man-flu...one week on and I'm still ill... I could be accused of milking it, but there's noone here to tell. Sad (or nurse me better)
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 27 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
pinkyfloyd wrote:
Clanger's got man flu.


Yes, it's definitely man-flu...one week on and I'm still ill... I could be accused of milking it, but there's noone here to tell. Sad (or nurse me better)


The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

But we still Wub ya
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 131.25 Kb