Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Irritating thing...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:01 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Irritating thing... Reply with quote

I've lost my 'back' button on the internet. I have Mozilla Firefox, and earlier I was right clicking on the tool bar at the top and getting rid of all the bits that I've managed to accumulate.

But I got carried away, and lost the back button and the menu topics like view and stuff. I've right clicked to find them again, but they aren't there.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, but all that happened is it reloaded as I had left it.

By some major accident I have managed to re-load google toolbar, but alas BACK is missing... I don't understand it enough to know what to do... Sad it's slowly winding me up... can anyone help, before the laptop goes out of the window??
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sort it out?
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I wish it would, but I don't have File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools or Help up there anymore (which is why I can't do as Firefox suggests!!!) - even my home button is missing. Sad
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ian789
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
^^^ I wish it would, but I don't have File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools or Help up there anymore (which is why I can't do as Firefox suggests!!!) - even my home button is missing. Sad


Try pressing the Alt key, that normally temporarily pops them up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian789 wrote:
Try pressing the Alt key, that normally temporarily pops them up


Mr. Green Thumbs Up thank you....
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jimspeed
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

F10 on mine brings the firefox menu stuff up, file it view etc
____________________
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 30 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt + left arrow = Back
Alt + right arrow = Forwards
Ctrl + F4 closes a tab
Ctrl + Tab switches tab
Ctrl + Shift + F4 switchs backwards
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest this is a great time to try another web browser called google chrome, which is generally better, partly due to google using clever trickery to make web pages load faster.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 31 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

right click on the navigation toolbar and select customize Very Happy

sorted
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 01 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
right click on the navigation toolbar and select customize. sorted


Tried that, it didn't work...no customize option. It was sorted out earlier, hence my Thanks thread further up.

Colin1...the only thing I would be VERY happy with right now, is an auto fill for job applications. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 02 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:
Alt + left arrow = Back


I've always just used backspace.

colin1 wrote:
I'd suggest this is a great time to try another web browser called google chrome, which is generally better, partly due to google using clever trickery to make web pages load faster.


Google Chrome is gay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.18 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.88 Kb