|
|
| Author |
Message |
| binge |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:43 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: Copying a VHS onto DVD |
 |
|
My Mam has a VHS with lots of old filming on it from the late 80s early 90s.
There is a lot of footage on the tape she wants to keep, my Great Grandparents are on there, who have both died now.
There is also a lot of footage of me when I was about 3 riding my PW50.
What is the best way to get it onto a DVD? My Mam has spoken to some people who do it as a service, and they are charging like £40.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Artist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Artist Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doggone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doggone World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 08:58 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did several similar tapes by plugging the VCR int DVD recorder, just a matter of getting inputs right.
You can probably do it on a computer with a capture card like this but I haven't tried it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:55 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hardware recording of VHS to DVD is far better than saving it first to a hard drive with some type of software because it's dependant on how good your computer system is handling large amounts of data being processed continually for possibly 1 to 2 hrs!
So, I would use what others have suggested and cable connect VHS player to a DVD Recorder/Camcorder and record in Realtime or you could buy or get use of a built in combo instead to give you some more control in the final edit of the DVD, as shown in the link!
https://cnettv.cnet.com/convert-old-vhs-tapes-dvd/9742-1_53-20995.html |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:43 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Binge I have a machine that can do it. You can borrow it if you like. It's the size of a VCR if you want to collect it.
It's a Samsung DVD-VR470M.
EDIT - the missus says you can have it for a score. It's a pretty good piece of kit got freeview built in and you can record off the freeview direct to disc. ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:05 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've looked into this before, because I have about 2 full tapes of shit we recorded on my camcorder that I want to put onto DVD for the sake of nostalgia, and also because I have a few things on there that I want to send off to "You've been framed" because they would deffo net £250 each.
Can't take it to a shop to get done because there's numerous episodes of drug taking, male nudity, and scallywag behaviour scattered throughout and I can't risk some jumped up twat given the plod a call, not only resulting in my arrest, but they'll then keep the tape as evidence...
Looked into capture cards which are both expensive and from what I've read you need a supercomputer to pull it off anyway.
Don't know anyone with a DVD recorder.....
When you find a solution, update this thread, as I'd really like to collect my £1000 cheque from the telly people.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| binge |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:12 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Unlucky mate I just sold it to Ghostrider for £200  ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:36 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Too slow with the edit there
Good luck copying a VHS tape with that  ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:34 - 16 Feb 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mind you, there's some VCR/DVD recorders on ebay there that have a 14 day no quibble return policy attached.....surely I can just buy it, do the business, then return it? The P+P cost would be less than a professional job, plus I don't have to worry about the plod... it's a cunts trick, but hey ho...
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|