Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


This is epic

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer



Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: This is epic Reply with quote

I came across this while on the ADV adventurer site and just thought I would share it with you guys. He went from Sydney to London on a postie bike. I ordered the book, look really interesting.

https://www.thepostman.org.uk/
____________________
1994 Suzuki RF 600: SOLD, Yamaha R1 2005: Current
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c-m
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: This is epic Reply with quote

He's doing his handstand wrong.

You should never look at the floor but instead look directly ahead.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilyan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that's why he didn't take his helmet off in the first place.
____________________
Current: 2007 VFR800; Ex: 2001 YZF600R Thundercat
Škoda Octavia (yes, a taxi driver)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: This is epic Reply with quote

c-m wrote:
He's doing his handstand wrong.

You should never look at the floor but instead look directly ahead.


test for a good handstand is to be able to look at your toes Smile

long gone are the days of me being able to do handstand pirouettes... just about manage to hold them on parallel bars but thats as good as it gets for me now..
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading somewhere else (cant remember where) about a bloke who has not long ago just finished riding from South-Africa to England on a BSA Bantam Shocked .

These people seriously impress me as it has to be just SOOO hard on bikes that small.
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: This is epic Reply with quote

wpickett wrote:
I came across this while on the ADV adventurer site and just thought I would share it with you guys. He went from Sydney to London on a postie bike. I ordered the book, look really interesting.

https://www.thepostman.org.uk/


Welcome to about two years ago Laughing I followed the trip, still not sure if I'm going to get the book though. It's a little pricey.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c-m
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 15 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: This is epic Reply with quote

The999Kid wrote:


test for a good handstand is to be able to look at your toes Smile

long gone are the days of me being able to do handstand pirouettes... just about manage to hold them on parallel bars but thats as good as it gets for me now..


Ah I learned in capoeira where we'd always look at the other player/opponent.

Anyway - looks like a great tip, but i don't consider things like this special as most people could/would do it if they had the money.

If only I had £15,000 or so i'd go riding around the world too. In fact it's something I hope to do before i get much older
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.96 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.47 Kb