Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What ever happened to Alexio?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 23 Mar 2011    Post subject: What ever happened to Alexio? Reply with quote

Question
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 23 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I heard was that he moved somewhere and his bike was stolen.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 23 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

come back Alexio, all is forgiven Thumbs Up
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:04 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

He works with me, hes fine Thumbs Up

He moved from hastings to medway, cg was stolen, loaned him my KH125, was stolen... has since (very recent) moved closer to work and has just got an internet connection.

I'll point his head this way Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok, I'm here - I just got a little angry at the world after my CG was stolen, the bike I was borrowing was stolen and the second bike I was borrowing I got pulled on for not having the insurance just right.

At some point after this I starting CYCLING the five miles to work. Desperate times indeed. However, after a very enjoyable (if a little painful) session on minimotos with BCF, my hunger for biking bit me and G agreed to sell me something within my price range - £400.

So... for the last 4 months I've been riding a C90 with 3 glorious gears fed from it's 85cc power house. It's older than I am, falling apart, has awful handling, loves crunching it's own gears with no clutch to lend a hand, has brakes that would fail an MOT any day, lights held on with cello tape, a center stand held on with string / gaffer tape to stop it from dragging on the road (not an exaggeration), indicators that don't flash (I have to do that manually) and a leaking / dripping carb while I'm riding, but all of that doesn't matter.

In fact none of it matters in the slightest (except that I haven't even paid G yet so please no one direct his attention toward this thread, thanks) because it's still an engine bolted on to two wheels that sends me flying down narrow and twisting roads, blind corners and around cages stuck in traffic at 50MPH.

I've come to realise that I'm still very much in love with small bikes and that having the throttle jammed open literally 99% of the time is a small joy that is often very hard to communicate. I am however intensely frustrated that I don't quite have the horsepower (or brakes / reliability for that matter) to venture outside of the county. For that reason alone I'm feeling pretty depressed about not having a bike similar to my CG back in hands again so that I could tour to Scotland and back between 60 and 70MPH and have it not miss a single beat.

So, if any one is selling or feeling particularly generous I'm incredibly receptive right now. It's BBQ / meet up season soon enough and my lovely C90, while quite the eye opener, just won't cut it any more.

Oh, and I promise I'll do my test this year. I will, I will, I will! Alexio's back baby.

What did I miss?
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:59 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
I'm ok, I'm here - I just got a little angry at the world after my CG was stolen, the bike I was borrowing was stolen and the second bike I was borrowing I got pulled on for not having the insurance just right.

At some point after this I starting CYCLING the five miles to work. Desperate times indeed. However, after a very enjoyable (if a little painful) session on minimotos with BCF, my hunger for biking bit me and G agreed to sell me something within my price range - £400.

So... for the last 4 months I've been riding a C90 with 3 glorious gears fed from it's 85cc power house. It's older than I am, falling apart, has awful handling, loves crunching it's own gears with no clutch to lend a hand, has brakes that would fail an MOT any day, lights held on with cello tape, a center stand held on with string / gaffer tape to stop it from dragging on the road (not an exaggeration), indicators that don't flash (I have to do that manually) and a leaking / dripping carb while I'm riding, but all of that doesn't matter.

In fact none of it matters in the slightest (except that I haven't even paid G yet so please no one direct his attention toward this thread, thanks) because it's still an engine bolted on to two wheels that sends me flying down narrow and twisting roads, blind corners and around cages stuck in traffic at 50MPH.

I've come to realise that I'm still very much in love with small bikes and that having the throttle jammed open literally 99% of the time is a small joy that is often very hard to communicate. I am however intensely frustrated that I don't quite have the horsepower (or brakes / reliability for that matter) to venture outside of the county. For that reason alone I'm feeling pretty depressed about not having a bike similar to my CG back in hands again so that I could tour to Scotland and back between 60 and 70MPH and have it not miss a single beat.

So, if any one is selling or feeling particularly generous I'm incredibly receptive right now. It's BBQ / meet up season soon enough and my lovely C90, while quite the eye opener, just won't cut it any more.

Oh, and I promise I'll do my test this year. I will, I will, I will! Alexio's back baby.

What did I miss?


Welcome back. Thumbs Up

Two things.

Do you're fcuking test! Laughing

And are you coming to BCF BBQ this year?
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:32 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bike is safe in Medway without multiple layers of hardcore security.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redoko wrote:
Welcome back. Thumbs Up

Two things.

Do you're fcuking test! Laughing

And are you coming to BCF BBQ this year?


If I can find a 125cc bike or above then yes, absolutely. That or get there on the C90 over night.

Phoenix wrote:
No bike is safe in Medway without multiple layers of hardcore security.


You are correct. I currently have my bike locked behind a very large 6ft tall think metal gate, the sort you see protecting train tracks, with a Boss Oxford 100dB motion sensitive alarmed padlock.

So far all is good.

Seriously though, if anybody has a 125 for sale that's a runner I'm willing to have it under a certain price.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Medway are you Alexio? Never knew you were a neighbour.. Very Happy

I have a few friends in the trade - what's your budget for a 125?
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Where in Medway are you Alexio? Never knew you were a neighbour.. Very Happy

I have a few friends in the trade - what's your budget for a 125?


Near the Strand. Well, I was hoping up to about £800. If you could ask around that would be awesome. Better yet, we could meet up to search a bit together?
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

multijoy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:04 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
G agreed to sell me something within my price range - £400.

So... for the last 4 months I've been riding a C90 with 3 glorious gears fed from it's 85cc power house.


it's not this one, is it?

https://www.multijoy.co.uk/4marks/Images/86.jpg
____________________
'11 CBF1000A, '99 C90, '98 CB500
silky666: He rode amazingly well considering his bike is the weight of a small van and had slicks on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed Smile.

I should point out that I'm pretty sure I did make it clear what it had done!

Oh and I'll have you know that only DID the brakes pass an MOT, but actually they're pretty good for c90 brakes Shocked - no, really!

Oh and I still haven't fond the mudguard, but it's definitely around here somewhere, can remember putting it in a box.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 24 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Where in Medway are you Alexio? Never knew you were a neighbour.. Very Happy

I have a few friends in the trade - what's your budget for a 125?


Im also local Laughing Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AL-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:51 - 25 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Im also local Laughing Thumbs Up


Ditto Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. I just bought and rode home a 2001 Honda CG Thumbs Up

So when's the next meet?
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

multijoy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that there's a cub 90 looking for a good home?

Thinking
____________________
'11 CBF1000A, '99 C90, '98 CB500
silky666: He rode amazingly well considering his bike is the weight of a small van and had slicks on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

multijoy wrote:
Does that mean that there's a cub 90 looking for a good home?

Thinking


Correct! And the sooner It can find a new home the better to be honest. I can't ride it at the moment anyway as I switched my insurance.

The CG is a beast. It hit 70 no problem today Mr. Green
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?


Last edited by Alexio on 19:48 - 26 Mar 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
will never give up his CG


##Paddy## wrote:
cg was stolen


LOL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Damon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much for the C90? PM me

Damon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
Nevermind. I just bought and rode home a 2001 Honda CG Thumbs Up

So when's the next meet?


And just like that, the universe became balanced again Laughing

So when you finally do your test are you gonna keep the cg?
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
Alexio wrote:
Nevermind. I just bought and rode home a 2001 Honda CG Thumbs Up

So when's the next meet?


And just like that, the universe became balanced again Laughing

So when you finally do your test are you gonna keep the cg?


This year (no longer being a student and having a full time job rocks!) and yes of course. I shall always have a small bike to tour on Smile
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.35 Sec - Server Load: 1.89 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 123.07 Kb