|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 23 Mar 2011 Post subject: What ever happened to Alexio? |
 |
|
 ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pepperami |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pepperami Super Spammer

Joined: 17 Jan 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:26 - 23 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
come back Alexio, all is forgiven  ____________________ I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:04 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
He works with me, hes fine
He moved from hastings to medway, cg was stolen, loaned him my KH125, was stolen... has since (very recent) moved closer to work and has just got an internet connection.
I'll point his head this way  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:52 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm ok, I'm here - I just got a little angry at the world after my CG was stolen, the bike I was borrowing was stolen and the second bike I was borrowing I got pulled on for not having the insurance just right.
At some point after this I starting CYCLING the five miles to work. Desperate times indeed. However, after a very enjoyable (if a little painful) session on minimotos with BCF, my hunger for biking bit me and G agreed to sell me something within my price range - £400.
So... for the last 4 months I've been riding a C90 with 3 glorious gears fed from it's 85cc power house. It's older than I am, falling apart, has awful handling, loves crunching it's own gears with no clutch to lend a hand, has brakes that would fail an MOT any day, lights held on with cello tape, a center stand held on with string / gaffer tape to stop it from dragging on the road (not an exaggeration), indicators that don't flash (I have to do that manually) and a leaking / dripping carb while I'm riding, but all of that doesn't matter.
In fact none of it matters in the slightest (except that I haven't even paid G yet so please no one direct his attention toward this thread, thanks) because it's still an engine bolted on to two wheels that sends me flying down narrow and twisting roads, blind corners and around cages stuck in traffic at 50MPH.
I've come to realise that I'm still very much in love with small bikes and that having the throttle jammed open literally 99% of the time is a small joy that is often very hard to communicate. I am however intensely frustrated that I don't quite have the horsepower (or brakes / reliability for that matter) to venture outside of the county. For that reason alone I'm feeling pretty depressed about not having a bike similar to my CG back in hands again so that I could tour to Scotland and back between 60 and 70MPH and have it not miss a single beat.
So, if any one is selling or feeling particularly generous I'm incredibly receptive right now. It's BBQ / meet up season soon enough and my lovely C90, while quite the eye opener, just won't cut it any more.
Oh, and I promise I'll do my test this year. I will, I will, I will! Alexio's back baby.
What did I miss? ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:59 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Alexio wrote: | I'm ok, I'm here - I just got a little angry at the world after my CG was stolen, the bike I was borrowing was stolen and the second bike I was borrowing I got pulled on for not having the insurance just right.
At some point after this I starting CYCLING the five miles to work. Desperate times indeed. However, after a very enjoyable (if a little painful) session on minimotos with BCF, my hunger for biking bit me and G agreed to sell me something within my price range - £400.
So... for the last 4 months I've been riding a C90 with 3 glorious gears fed from it's 85cc power house. It's older than I am, falling apart, has awful handling, loves crunching it's own gears with no clutch to lend a hand, has brakes that would fail an MOT any day, lights held on with cello tape, a center stand held on with string / gaffer tape to stop it from dragging on the road (not an exaggeration), indicators that don't flash (I have to do that manually) and a leaking / dripping carb while I'm riding, but all of that doesn't matter.
In fact none of it matters in the slightest (except that I haven't even paid G yet so please no one direct his attention toward this thread, thanks) because it's still an engine bolted on to two wheels that sends me flying down narrow and twisting roads, blind corners and around cages stuck in traffic at 50MPH.
I've come to realise that I'm still very much in love with small bikes and that having the throttle jammed open literally 99% of the time is a small joy that is often very hard to communicate. I am however intensely frustrated that I don't quite have the horsepower (or brakes / reliability for that matter) to venture outside of the county. For that reason alone I'm feeling pretty depressed about not having a bike similar to my CG back in hands again so that I could tour to Scotland and back between 60 and 70MPH and have it not miss a single beat.
So, if any one is selling or feeling particularly generous I'm incredibly receptive right now. It's BBQ / meet up season soon enough and my lovely C90, while quite the eye opener, just won't cut it any more.
Oh, and I promise I'll do my test this year. I will, I will, I will! Alexio's back baby.
What did I miss? |
Welcome back.
Two things.
Do you're fcuking test!
And are you coming to BCF BBQ this year? ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:45 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Redoko wrote: | Welcome back.
Two things.
Do you're fcuking test!
And are you coming to BCF BBQ this year? |
If I can find a 125cc bike or above then yes, absolutely. That or get there on the C90 over night.
| Phoenix wrote: | No bike is safe in Medway without multiple layers of hardcore security. |
You are correct. I currently have my bike locked behind a very large 6ft tall think metal gate, the sort you see protecting train tracks, with a Boss Oxford 100dB motion sensitive alarmed padlock.
So far all is good.
Seriously though, if anybody has a 125 for sale that's a runner I'm willing to have it under a certain price. ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:51 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Where in Medway are you Alexio? Never knew you were a neighbour..
I have a few friends in the trade - what's your budget for a 125? ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| multijoy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 multijoy World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:56 - 24 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
It is indeed .
I should point out that I'm pretty sure I did make it clear what it had done!
Oh and I'll have you know that only DID the brakes pass an MOT, but actually they're pretty good for c90 brakes - no, really!
Oh and I still haven't fond the mudguard, but it's definitely around here somewhere, can remember putting it in a box. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AL- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AL- World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 25 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:38 - 26 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nevermind. I just bought and rode home a 2001 Honda CG
So when's the next meet? ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| multijoy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 multijoy World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 26 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Does that mean that there's a cub 90 looking for a good home?
 ____________________ '11 CBF1000A, '99 C90, '98 CB500
silky666: He rode amazingly well considering his bike is the weight of a small van and had slicks on. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Damon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Damon World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|