|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:53 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: Attempted insurance fraud. |
 |
|
Last year I insured the noddy-car with 'Smart People Budget' for £135 TPFT, and had to ring to opt out of the automatic renewal (I recorded the call). I got the renewal-quote through from them this morning, £196. I have no idea if they'd tried to debit my card but its number changed when it was renewed in february anyway, so meh.
Went on Meercat again and got a quote from the same company for £130. Rang them and was told I was already a customer, was transfered to customer services and they transfered me to renewals; after a total time of 27 minutes listening to "Your call is valuable, please continue to hold" I hung up (lose the business, you utter tools) and rang Auto Trader instead (quote of £135). Over the phone she told me £128.70. And she removed me from the auto-renewal there and then.
Criminal scum, the lot of them. Quoted me £196 via a letter, £130 on Meercat, then screwed me around over the phone and lost the business. Smart People Budget. Yeah..."smart". My arse.
Cool story etc. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:57 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
He said "arse". ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paxovasa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paxovasa World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:32 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fucking auto-renewals.
Swinton Swineton sent me a renewal letter with a shite price and said if I WANTED to renew I had to phone them up, other wise I needn't do a thing. Then 4 days before renewal date an almost identical notice saying that if I wanted to renew to do nothing as it will do it automatically, however if I DIDN'T want to renew I had to phone the number at least 7 days before renewal.
Conveniently, the second letter was dated the 4th, despite receiving it on the 14th. Phoned up to give them a piece of ones mind and needless to say they won't be getting any more business from me.
Dirty underhanded tactics with the contradictory letters. ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:19 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ay, the other week I had my insurance renewal up, said if I wanted to renew I needn't do a thing as it will be done automatically. Well naturally I wait until the day before the insurance expires to phone up and cancel it before taking out a new policy with somewhere cheaper, only to find they'd already taken the money out (small print which can be read with an electron scanning microscope states they will take the money out 3 days prior to renewal to ensure sufficient funds are present).
Naturally, I had an anal prolapse, so phoned them up ready for war, but to my surprise they were very quick to rectify the situation, with no hassle whatsoever, but since I'd been reading reviews of the insurers customer service prior to making the call I was expecting the worst since there was nothing but bad press about them, so imagine my surprise when it was pretty much sorted in 5 minutes.....
Still shit though, they should never have taken that money in the first place and I feel I was lucky that time, if it had turned sour then I wouldn't have been able to afford the other insurer which would have resulted in weeks of fuckery.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ingah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ingah World Chat Champion
Joined: 10 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Minty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Minty World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jamie. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 19 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was told by my insurance company I had to cancel on the last day of the policy, which happened to be Christmas day, luckily enough the renewal was the cheapest by far.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ingah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ingah World Chat Champion
Joined: 10 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jamie. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ingah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ingah World Chat Champion
Joined: 10 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 07:59 - 20 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Meh, every insurer I've been with has tried to auto renew and I always pay lump sums. Just ring them up and tell them you don't want to auto renew..job done. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Minty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Minty World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:39 - 20 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 95Theses |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 95Theses Scooby Slapper

Joined: 24 Jan 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Billing |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Billing World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Mar 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:41 - 25 Mar 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Having some problems atm with trying to renew my VFR, last year I paid £600 for my CBR400 TPO, which was fine, but yesterday I got a phonecall from my insurance, asking if I'd like to renew, they quoted me £1080!!!!! I'm a year older, and have another years NCB, so WTF?!
Went online while I was on the phone again today, and made 100% sure I had entered all of my details correctly, actually relaying them as I went along to the guy on the phone, making sure he agreed, got a quote with a different company for £388 TPF&T, and he's there telling me he doesn't see how that's possible, because their price is so much higher. I checked again, it took me nearly half an hour going through every page, quadruple checking the details were right, and they are. With the above quote I got the option to adjust the quote, so stuck a £250 excess on (£352) and bumped the cover up to FC, came back as £582. So when he rings back I'll just let him know thats what's happened and I'll be going with the other company.
Also, I reckon they must get a quid, or a choccy biccy every time they say 'biggest high street broker' must have said it no less than 10 times in a 30 minute phone call  ____________________ '84 TS50X, '91 TZR125, '89 CBR400RR, '91 VFR400R NC30, '98 R1
"Hey copernicus! Why don't you navigate yourself to the back of the line with your feet and stand there with your shit."
BCF Eastern members map here ---> g.co/maps/2tm8b PM me to be added to it! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|