|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:19 - 03 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used it for 6 months, and was the only thing I've found that helps. It sort of takes away the desire to smoke, and you forget that you are a smoker (its hard to explain, but really different to nicotine replacement).
I'm back on the tabs now cos I lost will power at the time I came of the champix, but I think if (or when) I want to give up again, I'd go straight back to it, but take a lower maintainence dose for longer. ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Slacker24seve... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Slacker24seve... World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:46 - 03 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
My mate went loopy on Champix, suffered very badly with depression. Thats the only reason I haven't given it a go and like you I have struggled with willpower alone.
I'm on 6-7 per day now and gradually reduce it then go on a bender of some sort and it'll be 25+ for the night again. Its not good, not good at all. ____________________ Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:50 - 03 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
The only side effects I had were really vivid dreams which to be honest were really quite cool
My blood presssure went down rather than up, prob as a result of not smoking.
With regards to depression, that could be the fact you are giving up an addiction rather than just the Champix alone (although it is a recognised side effect). All the literature I read suggested that depressive side effects are more frequent with Zyban than Champix.
I had to have a three weekly check up whilst is was on them. Primarily this was to check I hadn't been smoking (the give you a CO breath test), but they also checked my BP, and talked about any side effects etc. ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Old Git Racing |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Old Git Racing World Chat Champion
Joined: 08 Aug 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:17 - 04 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, everything still needs a degree of willpower. I mean, when I'm knackered on the mountain bike, i can will myself on to push that extra bit of effort up the hill, but thats probably because i can see the top of the hill (target) coming up.
I wish i could just switch off smoking, like i do with drinking. Drinking when i do have a drink, i enjoy it due to the taste, and stop drinking when i lose that taste enjoyment. As i don't see the point in throwing something i don't enjoy down my throat.
Now with smoking out of the 20 ciggies say, i probably enjoy the 1st in the morning and the one after a hefty round of high stress situations at work. Aand the rest are just habitual.
I know if i carry on smoking i will become poorly again, as before i started smoking i was a healthy 13.5 stone, i drunk more but i lead a healthy lifestyle. I now smoke lots, drink not very much, have a poor diet and down to 10 stone 2.
So i wanna put weight back on, save ,yself £105 a month and hopefully improve my fitness for mountain biking.
My mum was a 40 a day smoker at my age till she was 38 and just quit on willpower and had the odd drag now and again for a couple of months after quitting and has been smoke free for 12 years now.
I wanna kick the habit, i just think the big task is how i get through work without one. ____________________ JACK, MISS YOU LOADS YOU LEGEND. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fid1892 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fid1892 Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 22 Mar 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|