|
|
| Author |
Message |
| kawashima |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:33 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: Little Chef |
 |
|
I like to stay at family restaurant for a long time eating and drinking "drink-bar" watching internet on my mobile. I read BCF on my mobile scrolling and scrolling too.
It's a place to relax for me. I can't relax at McDonald small chair and table full of school girls.
I found on the internet that "Little Chef" is one of the most popular road side restaurant in UK. I missed to visit Little Chef last time.
Is it a good restaurant value for money? Do you like Little Chef?
https://www.littlechef.co.uk/images/header/logo-littlechef.png ____________________ own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J4mes |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 J4mes World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Mar 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:35 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am fresh fish on here, but even I think obvious troll is obvious  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawashima |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dogbot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dogbot World Chat Champion
Joined: 03 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawashima |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:52 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| pwntifex wrote: | | J4mes wrote: | I am fresh fish on here, but even I think obvious troll is obvious  |
Kawashima has been here since 2005 and has two gold blobs, yet you think he's a troll? Fuck me, do they grow you newbies in jars or something?
I haven't been to Little Chef for years, but last time I was there it was typically greasy 'traditional English' food. It wasn't particularly good, certainly not worth a special visit. |
I admit I sometimes make bad topics .
Thank you for your response.  ____________________ own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:05 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
It seems to have been hanging on a thin thread for the past ten to fifteen years. Restaurants closing down and giving way to housing developments, yet other places are being refurbished. For a while they seemed to open up mini burger king franchises within the little chef, though this was quite shortlived.
There is one at the top of the A34 closed for refurbishment at this very moment.
When I was younger it used to be an acceptable place to go for a family meal, at a reasonable price. Though the whole little chef brand has always seemed tacky, I even remember thinking that as an 8 year old.
I havent been for years, but the signature dish used to be the Olympic breakfast. You also used to be able to get bottomless glasses of coke.
It's still less of a rip off than what our motorway services have become, and at least has an outside chance of containing some nutrition compared to the likes of Macdonalds.
It is typically British in that it has taken a succesful brand and slowly and systematically flushed it down the crapper.
Personally, places like this are all about atmosphere, and little chef seems to vary hugely in this respect. In contrast to Macdonalds restaurants which have a guaranteed universal bad atmosphere across the board.
I never have a call to use them, because you can't park an articulated lorry in any of their car parks. Or very few.
[EDIT] Oh, and if you got an impression of poor hygiene, dirty premises, or greasy slop you should check out a few truck stops. Luckily for them, joe public will never have call or desperation to venture inside your average truck stop.  ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Last edited by WildGoose on 16:09 - 05 Apr 2011; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AL- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AL- World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:11 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
The one near us closed down and is now some curry place which is a whole lot better  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember going to Little Chef for the first time in the 90’s as a young lad. I had cooked meal, something like ham, egg & chips and I remember it being really nice.
I had a lolly for finishing it afterwards too. Also, they had a small tuck shop there where I bought a I-spy book of cars for the journey home. I still have the book!  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawashima |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:28 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thank you guys. I will order cherry pancakes with a mini-slab of vanilla ice-cream if I could visit Little Chef in the future  ____________________ own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:14 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I do believe the Cherry ones are called Jubilee Pancakes, I remember having them about 20 years ago - they haven't changed since then and make it almost worthwhile going  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:28 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I love Little Chef.
There. I said it. I know they're a shadow of their former self, but buy me an Olympic Breakfast and I'm anyone's. *
* although I'm pretty much anyone's for a bacon and egg sammidge  ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:34 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
They got Michelin-starred chef Heston Blumenthal to try and overhaul 'the brand' a couple of years ago. He was faced with numerous problems, like the kitchens not actually having a cooker.
I'll confess I haven't been in one for quite some years. Quality varies... it may have something to do with how tired and hungry you are.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doggone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doggone World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:02 - 05 Apr 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Never had any of their fare other than an Olympic but as Shaggy mentions they're pretty good.
Personally when it comes to 'on the road' food nothing beats local knowledge of greasy spoon cafe's, there's a couple near me that I've been going to for years and their quality and value for money is second to none  ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|