Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


HMRC.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: HMRC..... Reply with quote

Have just given me a £600 tax rebate for years 08/09 and 09/10.

Winner!


Last edited by CaNsA on 16:10 - 13 Jun 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-LG-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:19 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a tax return Sad.

How do you find out if you're due one? I'm guessing they won't just give it back without you asking lol.

Got anything planned for it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

For about 5 years they have sent me letters asking for my employment history/wages etc.

I always "meant to get round to it"

Last month they sent me another, it was filed in the "to do pile"

I have never sent them anything, this is a complete surprise Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

They owe me sooo much money, I was on emergency tax for ages and ages and ages nothing I done could get them to sort it out for me. I'm still waiting to get money back, everytime I ring up I have to get a call back because they have to pass me through to a specific department. Means It takes over a week just to get in touch with somebody.

They said I would have to get all my paperwork together, I don't understand this though because surely they should know everything about me considering they were over taxing me £600 a month. I just want my fucking money back.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

multijoy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 13 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the departments I've ever had to deal with, I've found that they are the one lot who seem to be able to fix things with a simple phone call.

Granted, I do owe them £5k in corporation tax, but that's neither here nor there Sick

Carl_steveo wrote:
They owe me sooo much money, I was on emergency tax for ages and ages and ages nothing I done could get them to sort it out for me. I'm still waiting to get money back, everytime I ring up I have to get a call back because they have to pass me through to a specific department. Means It takes over a week just to get in touch with somebody.


Have you just tried writing to them? All they'll need are your P60s to show what you've earnt and how much you've paid. (Or payslips, if you've not got those for the period).

If you're in the same job, it's one for your payroll to deal with it.

Try here
____________________
'11 CBF1000A, '99 C90, '98 CB500
silky666: He rode amazingly well considering his bike is the weight of a small van and had slicks on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 43.87 Kb