|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Themightyimp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Themightyimp Crazy Courier
Joined: 24 May 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlosthejack... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlosthejack... World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Aug 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| joshdudeha |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 joshdudeha Scooby Slapper

Joined: 22 May 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:15 - 27 Jul 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sucks man :/
What bike was it? Just pin it in 2nd gear without even looking what speed, you will make it - trust me  ____________________ Piaggio Zip 50 -> Yamaha YBR 125 -> Kawasaki GPZ500S '96 -> Suzuki GSF600N Bandit -> Honda CBR 600FW
Theory Test: 13/07/2011 Passed! | Mod 1: 27/07/2011 Passed! | Mod 2: 17/11/2011 Passed!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dannymassive |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dannymassive Brolly Dolly

Joined: 28 May 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:41 - 28 Jul 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh man, really sorry to hear that.
If at first we don't succeed, then try again! Keep your chin up and get it re-booked!
Just give it a little more throttle and as mentioned above, don't look at your speedo. You'll be fine next time round  ____________________ Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FretGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FretGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:04 - 29 Jul 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Unluky dude
Get straight to booking it again and nail it!
Never give up  ____________________ Yamaha MT-09
ಠ_ಠ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Munkynutz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Munkynutz Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 29 Apr 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Munkynutz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Munkynutz Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 29 Apr 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:44 - 02 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks SweenyT, you're definitely right and it's a positive way to turn the feeling of disappointment around. I know that all that training and testing will defo come in handy (unfortunately in some instances).
Anyway, onwards and errr...forwards (minding the cones, lemmings, cars, buses, lorries and just about anything else that didn't see, care or worry about the CBF125 buzzing up the road towards them).  ____________________ If I could I would but I couldn't so I didn't but I might. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Munkynutz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Munkynutz Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 29 Apr 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:25 - 04 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've not tempted fate by buying a big bike - though for all the good it's done I might as well have bought one
I'm rebooked again for next Thursday (work permitting). It's starting to feel like a weekly event!
So what is 'she' that's sitting there waiting for you? ____________________ If I could I would but I couldn't so I didn't but I might. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:30 - 05 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:37 - 05 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
[/quote]Definitely make it scream sooner I remember gunning it to the bend and then kept the throttle constant although I did slack off slightly both times as I went into the bend a little too quick and then as I was straightening up I hammered it. I managed a speed of 55kph on both swerve & emergency stop. My instructor had gotten us to practice going into the bends and coming out at speed at a very quiet roundabout on an industrial estate.....at 30mph honest guv
Let's just hope its not p*ssing down when next you guys take your tests.
Good luck [/quote]
Yes I will have to do this! I havent really had much practice on the test centre itself on the 125 tbh, so I will just have to go for it when I do it again!
And yeah lets hope the rain stays away!! thnx ____________________ Just follow the rainbow |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gg Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 08 Feb 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:57 - 05 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Failed it a few times myself on various different parts
Things I'm finding difficult at the moment are u-turns and swerves. It's easy to find a space to practise u-turns but unless all the measurements and cones are there on a large empty space, it's quite dangerous to practise the swerve and cost a lot to keep re-doing training with instructor!!
What's the consensus on swerves? Is it correct to shut throttle off after speed trap and swerve then brake, or swerve then slow down and brake? Read somewhere that swerving whilst braking makes it more difficult.
Btw are you going to keep taking the test until you pass? Good luck for next week. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arcoiris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arcoiris Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:36 - 05 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
That tough igig, I hope you'll keep trying.
With the u-turns, I practised in quiet section of a car park. I used 2 of the bays as a guide (I think the width is around 2 1/2 bays but don't quote me on that) and at one point got it down to 1 1/2 bays which I knew would be more than sufficient. Remember don't look at the ground look at where you want to go. I'm not if this will confuse you but if you're using the bays as a marker, as you enter the left edge of the first bay you look to the exit end (past the end of the outer line) of the second bay
As for the swerve, you shut off the throttle after you've fully cleared the speed trap, then you swerve and (this is where it gets hazy) let the speed you were going carry you through the rest of the cones to the box and light brake as necessary after the cones - the aim is to come to a rolling stop in the box. I practised the swerve on open clear roads and 'swerved' round pot holes, drain covers and the like, I also did the slalom using the centre line.......  ____________________ Current ride - 2005 Suzuki GSX-R600 K4 - 2x 2014 Honda NC750s long term courtesy bikes - 2003 Fazer FZ6 written off as idiot reversed into me - 2009 YBR125 - still have from new |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trikeschick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trikeschick Traffic Copper

Joined: 14 Mar 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trikeschick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trikeschick Traffic Copper

Joined: 14 Mar 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 09 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
On a GS 500. Not my favourite but learning to be at one with it. Just did some practice today so am ready for the next one. Just got to hold it together  ____________________ "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Munkynutz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Munkynutz Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 29 Apr 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trikeschick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trikeschick Traffic Copper

Joined: 14 Mar 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|