|
|
| Author |
Message |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:45 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: Wales Rideout! |
 |
|
Well if some of you don't know some of us Midlanders and Northerners went on a lovely ride out to wales today, and heres what happened.
I set off late (as usual) to meet everyone at the stormy petrel, I was meeting M i k e and his dad in Knutsford also.
We set of to the stormy, and arrived at 11:15 an hour late , though we soon set off and immediatly I felt out of place, with all the faster bike , I was doing quite an illegal speed to try and keep up!
We soon stopped as we got into wales at Llangollen for petrol and then set off up the horseshoe pass but this time I managed to keep up with the crowd as the GS is easily and flickable through the bends!
We stopped for sustainance and rest at the ponderosa cafe at the top of the horseshoe pass, and waited for m1ke to finally join us .
We soon set off again this time I was doing quite well through the bends chucking the bike as much as I could.
I was settling in to the ride when quite a nasty bend caught out Marsbar and he lost the rear end of his bike and came off in a grass verge and he slid down the road I slammed on and managed somehow to kick him up the arse (sorry Marsbar ).
After that we decided to stop at a pub and get another drink.
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Mikey.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Anna%20&%20Pho.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Helen%20&%20M%20i%20k%20e%20&%20His%20Dad.JPG
We had our drinks and set off again, this time me and m1ke were infront and I was keeping up with him well, chucking the bike in the bends and having general fun!
Then next minute I saw an unmarked police car, by this time I'd slowed down and passed it. Next minute blue lights in my mirror pulling me, Pho and Gixxergeezer over, m1ke luckily got away!
Our bikes were checked over, and poor pho got a £30 for his small plate .
We then met back up with the rest of the guys and headed back to Llagollen for petrol and a rest and that was the day over so we all made our way home, we parted with the rest of the group (me and M i k e and his dad on the ducati).
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Group1.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/group.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Pho%20&%20Phil.JPG
All in all a good day with a few mishaps , Thanks Guys 
Last edited by iCraig on 15:38 - 31 Aug 2004; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m i k e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m i k e Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 17 Apr 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:03 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Aye, it was a good day, and like I said in the organising post for the ride out, it was good to finally meet you guys face to face, instead of irc or bcf The ride was good excluding a few mishaps with the police or a fence but my dad and I had a great day! I found that one of the best parts of the ride was the trip home with Craig, but m1ke did show us all some very nice welsh country roads to play on, now i'm just looking forward to more spacker like looking photos ^^^ of moi to laugh at
Cheers guys again!
Mike ____________________ Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m i k e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m i k e Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 17 Apr 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
It was but it looked like you liked playing chicken with cars and caravans a bit too much  ____________________ Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:19 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
It was a good day, cheers to everyone that turned up and made it a good time, glad I arranged it!
Its a shame Mark had his off though all though on the whole not much damage at all so it could've been worse, a lot worse we were by a lake.
Its also a shame that the rideout cost Pho £30 more than it did the rest of us but I'm sure he'll get over it, was amusing when the police drove past us waving after though when we were waiting for you 3 to come to us!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarsBar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarsBar World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Aug 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:27 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had a great day too. Even with my mishap.
Still, it'll give me something to do over the winter months. Damage to bike's is always insignificant... The group return home safe, and that's all that matters. A great day and we must do it again soon before it gets too cold. Nice to meet new faces too!
Skegness anyone?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:39 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like a great day out - speeding, crashing and getting fined. What a wonderful example you all are.
 ____________________ "That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarsBar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarsBar World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Aug 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Laura |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Laura Playboy Bunny

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Laura |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Laura Playboy Bunny

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:10 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Everything since you seem to think you have the authority to criticize other people?
Sorry god  ____________________ Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gixergeezer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gixergeezer Nova Slayer

Joined: 01 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:16 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Looks like a good ride out apart from the police and Marsbar's crash.
Bazza, you're saying you've never once broken the speed limit, or broken any other road traffic rules or had a crash? If so we alll bow down to your greatness. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M1ke |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M1ke Ped Boi

Joined: 11 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:35 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
It was a very good ride out. Very action packed too When I saw mark heading into the grass verge it brought back flash backs of keiths potato field.incident, I did a great emergency stop though
Anyway I hope the pace was ok for everyone, I tried to wait at every junction for people to catch up etc. Maybe someone else can lead next time. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:50 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
OK, this is getting f**king ridiculous. If the forum is supposed to be a place where newbies sit in awe of the people with an older sign in name and just nod dumbly with amazement at the amazing exploits of the 'bcf gang' then tell me now. I'll happily find somewhere else to lurk at that point.
If it's somewhere where people can get together and post and discuss random crap and hold widely differing opinions without people taking it to a personal level, then great. I'll be here forever and a day.
People carp on incessantly about using the correct post ratings. In no way is Bazza's post 'redundant'. It is a valid point. Whilst I'm sincerely glad MarsBar is OK, most of us kicked into Bonny recently for doing 70 in a 30, doing 110+ in a 60 on an A road isn't much better as far as I'm concerned. Certainly not when it comes to making a good impression on other road users.
I've seen the bitching when people who are considered 'BaBs' do this, why is it just good fun and apparently alright when 'we' do it?
I'm glad that everyone had a good ride out, I'm even more happy that the one accident of the day was not a serious one. But when you have a write up that tells us " this time I was doing quite well through the bends chucking the bike as much as I could I even soaw 115MPH on the speedo while I was tucked in" closely followed by "I was settling in to the ride when quite a nasty bend caught out Marsbar and he lost the rear end of his bike and came off in a grass verge and he slid down the road I slammed on and managed somehow to kick him up the arse" then it really doesn't come across as a crowd of people riding safely in a controlled manner.
Rant over.
 ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:58 - 30 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Safe rideouts?
This is bikechatforums not the BMF or IAM  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M1ke |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M1ke Ped Boi

Joined: 11 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:02 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I agree with your post Tarmacsurfer.
However I also think that it is down to each individual person as to how they choose to ride. No one was pressured into riding fast and alot of the people on the ride out did stick to the limits.
It was craigs choice to post what speeds he reached. I my self didn't go over 60mph the whole time And I wouldn't push hard on the road knowing what maybe around the bend.
Mark was not speeding at the time he crashed, he merely lost the back tyre on some dirt in the road. That i'm sure you would agree could happen to anyone and not just a reckless rider. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Laura |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Laura Playboy Bunny

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:04 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
In a way I agree with you but the point is bazza was not on this ride this ride was one which experienced riders went on and yes a incident occurred it was not as if it was a learners ride out. I think the people described their ride as they enjoyed it and this is the way they enjoy to ride.
The point is a learner ride out went out and they all enjoyed themselves as well. So I think the point I am trying to point out is that if all the riders who went out then what is the harm.
I was trying to point out to bazza was he wasn't their fair enough he didn't agree with what went on but he wasn't involved with it their or didn't effect him at all. If he was their and he was pushed beyond his limit not knowing what to expect then he would have every right to put up his concerns.
Just my   ____________________ Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:31 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Who doesn't speed, the crash was in no way Marks fault it could've been so much worse but he kept the bike upright after the rear wheel slide and managed to scrape off some speed. he wasn't speeding at the time either, the crash wasn't his fault in any way at all, it could have happened to any of us or even anyone who rides on that road.
As for getting fined, that happens to a lot of people, it was for a small numberplate which he hasn't had chance to get changed yet since he has only had the bike for 5 weeks.
I also had a small rear wheel slide when I leaned a bit too far on a wet road trying to scrub my tyre in, I wasn't speeding but did end up on the wrong side of the road, it wasn't my fault but does this mean I am setting a bad example? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:40 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was setting a bad example all weekend I don't think there was a speed limit I didn't break for 850 miles but it is my arse in a sling at the end of the day. I just make sure I don't do it where it would put someone else at risk.
For future reference, do as I say and not as I do  ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Claud 14.7 to 1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Claud 14.7 to 1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:43 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounded like big fun!
All good, apart from the off, but it happens to us all
At least everyone is ok. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nighteyes |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nighteyes Dirty Bint

Joined: 05 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:10 - 31 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
A few of mine! ____________________ My Precioussss!, My Bikes, The Lord & Master, Canis Lupus!
39. Something nice about the person who sent this to you? She's beautiful, funny, and has a huge heart. 
Last edited by Nighteyes on 02:34 - 31 Aug 2004; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|