Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Wales Rideout!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Wales Rideout! Reply with quote

Well if some of you don't know some of us Midlanders and Northerners went on a lovely ride out to wales today, and heres what happened.

I set off late (as usual) to meet everyone at the stormy petrel, I was meeting M i k e and his dad in Knutsford also.

We set of to the stormy, and arrived at 11:15 an hour late Embarassed, though we soon set off and immediatly I felt out of place, with all the faster bike Confused, I was doing quite an illegal speed to try and keep up!

We soon stopped as we got into wales at Llangollen for petrol and then set off up the horseshoe pass but this time I managed to keep up with the crowd as the GS is easily and flickable through the bends!

We stopped for sustainance and rest at the ponderosa cafe at the top of the horseshoe pass, and waited for m1ke to finally join us Razz.

We soon set off again this time I was doing quite well through the bends chucking the bike as much as I could.

I was settling in to the ride when quite a nasty bend caught out Marsbar and he lost the rear end of his bike and came off in a grass verge and he slid down the road I slammed on and managed somehow to kick him up the arse Confused (sorry Marsbar Laughing).

After that we decided to stop at a pub and get another drink.

https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Mikey.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Anna%20&%20Pho.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Helen%20&%20M%20i%20k%20e%20&%20His%20Dad.JPG

We had our drinks and set off again, this time me and m1ke were infront and I was keeping up with him well, chucking the bike in the bends and having general fun!
Then next minute I saw an unmarked police car, by this time I'd slowed down and passed it. Next minute blue lights in my mirror pulling me, Pho and Gixxergeezer over, m1ke luckily got away!
Our bikes were checked over, and poor pho got a £30 for his small plate Sad.

We then met back up with the rest of the guys and headed back to Llagollen for petrol and a rest and that was the day over so we all made our way home, we parted with the rest of the group (me and M i k e and his dad on the ducati).

https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Group1.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/group.JPG
https://homepage.mac.com/craiggiles2/Pho%20&%20Phil.JPG

All in all a good day with a few mishaps Laughing, Thanks Guys Thumbs Up Smile


Last edited by iCraig on 15:38 - 31 Aug 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, it was a good day, and like I said in the organising post for the ride out, it was good to finally meet you guys face to face, instead of irc or bcf Smile The ride was good excluding a few mishaps with the police or a fence Wink but my dad and I had a great day! I found that one of the best parts of the ride was the trip home with Craig, but m1ke did show us all some very nice welsh country roads to play on, now i'm just looking forward to more spacker like looking photos ^^^ of moi to laugh at Razz

Cheers guys again!

Mike
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

m i k e wrote:
Aye, it was a good day, and like I said in the organising post for the ride out, it was good to finally meet you guys face to face, instead of irc or bcf Smile The ride was good excluding a few mishaps with the police or a fence Wink but my dad and I had a great day! I found that one of the best parts of the ride was the trip home with Craig, but m1ke did show us all some very nice welsh country roads to play on, now i'm just looking forward to more spacker like looking photos ^^^ of moi to laugh at Razz

Cheers guys again!

Mike


The A539 was a good fast and sweeping bendy road wasn't it?

I enjoyed it too Very Happy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was but it looked like you liked playing chicken with cars and caravans a bit too much Razz
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good day, cheers to everyone that turned up and made it a good time, glad I arranged it! Razz

Its a shame Mark had his off though all though on the whole not much damage at all so it could've been worse, a lot worse we were by a lake.

Its also a shame that the rideout cost Pho £30 more than it did the rest of us but I'm sure he'll get over it, was amusing when the police drove past us waving after though when we were waiting for you 3 to come to us! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarsBar
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great day too. Even with my mishap. Crying or Very sad
Still, it'll give me something to do over the winter months. Damage to bike's is always insignificant... The group return home safe, and that's all that matters. A great day and we must do it again soon before it gets too cold. Nice to meet new faces too! Thumbs Up

Skegness anyone? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
bazza This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

MarsBar
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few off my camera phone...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Sounds like a great day out - speeding, crashing and getting fined. What a wonderful example you all are.

Thumbs Down


Whys crashing a bad example?

Speeding right so you are saying you never break the speed limit?

And getting fined what concern has that to you?
____________________
Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Sounds like a great day out - speeding, crashing and getting fined. What a wonderful example you all are.

Thumbs Down


So you religously stick to speed limits, and never miss judge bends?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
bazza This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

Laura
Playboy Bunny



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything since you seem to think you have the authority to criticize other people?


Sorry god Rolling Eyes
____________________
Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gixergeezer
Nova Slayer



Joined: 01 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Laura....

Bazza, you weren't there so how can you possibly comment!?!

or indeed pass judgement
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good ride out apart from the police and Marsbar's crash. Doh!

Bazza, you're saying you've never once broken the speed limit, or broken any other road traffic rules or had a crash? If so we alll bow down to your greatness.Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi



Joined: 11 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very good ride out. Very action packed too Smile When I saw mark heading into the grass verge it brought back flash backs of keiths potato field.incident, I did a great emergency stop though Cool

Anyway I hope the pace was ok for everyone, I tried to wait at every junction for people to catch up etc. Maybe someone else can lead next time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is getting f**king ridiculous. If the forum is supposed to be a place where newbies sit in awe of the people with an older sign in name and just nod dumbly with amazement at the amazing exploits of the 'bcf gang' then tell me now. I'll happily find somewhere else to lurk at that point.
If it's somewhere where people can get together and post and discuss random crap and hold widely differing opinions without people taking it to a personal level, then great. I'll be here forever and a day.
People carp on incessantly about using the correct post ratings. In no way is Bazza's post 'redundant'. It is a valid point. Whilst I'm sincerely glad MarsBar is OK, most of us kicked into Bonny recently for doing 70 in a 30, doing 110+ in a 60 on an A road isn't much better as far as I'm concerned. Certainly not when it comes to making a good impression on other road users.
I've seen the bitching when people who are considered 'BaBs' do this, why is it just good fun and apparently alright when 'we' do it?

I'm glad that everyone had a good ride out, I'm even more happy that the one accident of the day was not a serious one. But when you have a write up that tells us " this time I was doing quite well through the bends chucking the bike as much as I could I even soaw 115MPH on the speedo while I was tucked in" closely followed by "I was settling in to the ride when quite a nasty bend caught out Marsbar and he lost the rear end of his bike and came off in a grass verge and he slid down the road I slammed on and managed somehow to kick him up the arse" then it really doesn't come across as a crowd of people riding safely in a controlled manner.

Rant over.
Karma
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe rideouts?

This is bikechatforums not the BMF or IAM Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi



Joined: 11 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your post Tarmacsurfer.

However I also think that it is down to each individual person as to how they choose to ride. No one was pressured into riding fast and alot of the people on the ride out did stick to the limits.

It was craigs choice to post what speeds he reached. I my self didn't go over 60mph the whole time Wink And I wouldn't push hard on the road knowing what maybe around the bend.

Mark was not speeding at the time he crashed, he merely lost the back tyre on some dirt in the road. That i'm sure you would agree could happen to anyone and not just a reckless rider.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Laura
Playboy Bunny



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:04 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way I agree with you but the point is bazza was not on this ride this ride was one which experienced riders went on and yes a incident occurred it was not as if it was a learners ride out. I think the people described their ride as they enjoyed it and this is the way they enjoy to ride.

The point is a learner ride out went out and they all enjoyed themselves as well. So I think the point I am trying to point out is that if all the riders who went out then what is the harm.

I was trying to point out to bazza was he wasn't their fair enough he didn't agree with what went on but he wasn't involved with it their or didn't effect him at all. If he was their and he was pushed beyond his limit not knowing what to expect then he would have every right to put up his concerns.

Just my Penny CoinPenny Coin
____________________
Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Who doesn't speed, the crash was in no way Marks fault it could've been so much worse but he kept the bike upright after the rear wheel slide and managed to scrape off some speed. he wasn't speeding at the time either, the crash wasn't his fault in any way at all, it could have happened to any of us or even anyone who rides on that road.

As for getting fined, that happens to a lot of people, it was for a small numberplate which he hasn't had chance to get changed yet since he has only had the bike for 5 weeks.

I also had a small rear wheel slide when I leaned a bit too far on a wet road trying to scrub my tyre in, I wasn't speeding but did end up on the wrong side of the road, it wasn't my fault but does this mean I am setting a bad example?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was setting a bad example all weekend Twisted Evil I don't think there was a speed limit I didn't break for 850 miles but it is my arse in a sling at the end of the day. I just make sure I don't do it where it would put someone else at risk.

For future reference, do as I say and not as I do Wink
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounded like big fun! Very Happy

All good, apart from the off, but it happens to us all Wink
At least everyone is ok.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:36 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounded like fun
although i do not agree with the rants about it
tis utter shite
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:57 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the people described their ride as they enjoyed it and this is the way they enjoy to ride.

Not picking on you Laura, just wanted to use this text as an example. This is exactly my point. It's how they enjoy to ride. Now given the description, surely someone is entitled to say they disagree? Why does it have to disintegrate into bitching and namecalling with karma clicking in abandon?

Shaun, I agree with your comments to some extent. No one is always religously within all speedlimits, and also there is every chance that the self same accident could have happened to anyone using that stretch of road. Would I have been riding the same speeds in the same way on that road? Probably not. However, I've got no problems with anyone posting what a great day they've had. Check the threads on the subject, I've already commented in the midlands forum. I do not however see why the bloody hell someone gets shouted down for saying that he didn't think the actions described were particularly good PR for bikes in general.
In case you hadn't noticed there is already a big 'safety' campaign going on at the moment. Every accident that makes the books is another arrow in the quiver of those who will try to stop us riding. Some of us went through all this crap with type approval, leg protectors and suchlike. Personally I don't want to go there again.
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint



Joined: 05 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:10 - 31 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of mine!
____________________
My Precioussss!, My Bikes, The Lord & Master, Canis Lupus!
39. Something nice about the person who sent this to you? She's beautiful, funny, and has a huge heart. Very Happy


Last edited by Nighteyes on 02:34 - 31 Aug 2004; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.01 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 138.91 Kb