Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


First big bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

felicity
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 21 Aug 2011    Post subject: First big bike? Reply with quote

So, I only have a provisional license at the moment, but I'm hoping to do my DAS soon so I've been looking at big bikes.

I'm pretty sure I don't want a sports bike, and I don't really care about speed. I'll mostly be using it for frequent short journeys (under 50 miles, often at night or in the rain), but if I do go further, I'd like something that could do around 1600 miles round trip (to Berlin, where I go fairly often), and carry a reasonable amount of luggage (perhaps two weeks worth of clothes, a small tent, etc).

I like cruiser-style bikes (I have a Marauder 125 at the moment) so I was looking at the Intruder 800, but I'm not sure how practical they are for longer journeys. Apart from that I like the look of the Bandit or Ninja 650R (the unfaired version). I think something like a GS would be a bit overkill.

Any suggestions?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

felicity
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 21 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the current Fazer would be the FZ8? How did you find the seating position on it for long rides?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

clancy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 21 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

vfr800 the new shape ones

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Honda/Honda-VFR800-V-Tec-2001---current--/

i like alot
____________________
KLX 300r
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 21 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna go older - 1998 Suk Bandit...
First big bike for me, had enough 'omph' and was very comfy to ride Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Quornholio This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ericck
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:19 - 25 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mk1GSF wrote:
I'm another Bandit fan Thumbs Up


Yep +1 to that Smile
____________________
Current Bike: 2004 Suzuki Bandit 600S
Previous Bikes: Yamaha FS1E, Mobylette Moped Thingy, Suzuki GS125, Kawasaki Zephyr 550, Kawasaki Zephyr 750, Kawasaki ER500, Suzuki Bandit 600, Honda CBR600F, Triumph Street Triple 675, Suzuki V Strom 650, Suzuki Bandit 1200, Suzuki SV650N, Honda CB500F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.62 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 57.7 Kb