|
|
| Author |
Message |
| felicity |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 felicity Scooby Slapper

Joined: 13 Jul 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:49 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: First big bike? |
 |
|
So, I only have a provisional license at the moment, but I'm hoping to do my DAS soon so I've been looking at big bikes.
I'm pretty sure I don't want a sports bike, and I don't really care about speed. I'll mostly be using it for frequent short journeys (under 50 miles, often at night or in the rain), but if I do go further, I'd like something that could do around 1600 miles round trip (to Berlin, where I go fairly often), and carry a reasonable amount of luggage (perhaps two weeks worth of clothes, a small tent, etc).
I like cruiser-style bikes (I have a Marauder 125 at the moment) so I was looking at the Intruder 800, but I'm not sure how practical they are for longer journeys. Apart from that I like the look of the Bandit or Ninja 650R (the unfaired version). I think something like a GS would be a bit overkill.
Any suggestions? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:52 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
yamaha fazer
good reliable bike that can munch the miles up,just lubed the chain in the 1500 miles i've done on it ____________________ '00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30 Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| felicity |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 felicity Scooby Slapper

Joined: 13 Jul 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:08 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hmm, the current Fazer would be the FZ8? How did you find the seating position on it for long rides? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:34 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
i've got the older one which is the fzs
did 130 miles back from the bcf bbq and didn't feel any aches or pains  ____________________ '00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30 Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| clancy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 clancy World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:50 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Im gonna go older - 1998 Suk Bandit...
First big bike for me, had enough 'omph' and was very comfy to ride  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Quornholio |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Quornholio World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jun 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:34 - 21 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm another Bandit fan  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ericck |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ericck Scooby Slapper

Joined: 21 Jul 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:19 - 25 Aug 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Mk1GSF wrote: | I'm another Bandit fan  |
Yep +1 to that  ____________________ Current Bike: 2004 Suzuki Bandit 600S
Previous Bikes: Yamaha FS1E, Mobylette Moped Thingy, Suzuki GS125, Kawasaki Zephyr 550, Kawasaki Zephyr 750, Kawasaki ER500, Suzuki Bandit 600, Honda CBR600F, Triumph Street Triple 675, Suzuki V Strom 650, Suzuki Bandit 1200, Suzuki SV650N, Honda CB500F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|